Circle Pit and Wall of Death on W:O:A

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

El Morgano

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Mai 2010
Elgin, Scotland
It must be very difficult to control what happens when such a large amount of people decide on-mass or are cajoled into it by artists to Wall of Death each other, I think it would be impossible to stop actually. Even though I've never seen any violence at Wacken I'm still not stupid enough to think it couldn't happen, now say security or even police try and stop any incidents with the right (or wrong) amount of alcohol consumed by a few metalheads this thing could go severely wrong.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
1 Dez. 2010
New York City
Well, there's always risk involved. I think it's very important that if you have it that it doesn't happen without warning. I believe strongly that if you're going to allow a wall of death or circle pit you should let the people around you who DO NOT want to get involved know that they should probably move before getting hurt. I also think this is mostly for the women because they can get severely hurt. Drunk men don't care who they hit or harm. I can allow it, but make sure they push or hit people who WANT to get hit. I saw a man push a woman who wasn't even looking to the floor and was not involved in the pit or wall of death. I go with my wife and I don't want the same to happen to her. Allow it, but please have security keep a close eye on it.

Muloc7253

11 Okt. 2010
I think it's kind of silly for people to go to a METAL fest and complain about moshing. It's very easy to get out of the way of a pit or (especially) wall of death and even if you trip or something people are always quick to help you up.

Wall of deaths are arguably even safer than moshing or crowd surfing. They just look a lot more violent than they actually are. Case in point, pull up a wall of death video and watch them running in. Looks pretty brutal. Now rewing and watch one specific person and follow them. Doesn't look painful at all, looks like playing bumper cars in kids school or something. Watch another person, you'll see the same thing. It's nowhere near as harmful as skiing, rugby, american football, boxing, wrestling, diving and lots of other perfectly legal and normal things. Sure, someone can get an elbow to the face or a foot stepped on accidently but they don't HAVE to be in the pit, it's easy to get out of the way. I think I've been hurt more in a packed out crowd at near the front when people aren't moshing but you have your ribcage crushed against someone in front of you than I have in a moshpit, which is essentially just people bouncing off each other.

Engineer

19 Sep. 2010
mal hier, mal dort, meistens hier
This is a huge leap forward for the fest:)

As Muloc7253 said already, everybody has to make his/hers decision.
Moshpits, Wall of deaths and Circle Pits can be risky.

Anyway, i am happy about that decision. (and i wasn't really aware, that this issue was rased by the authorities)
THANKX W:O:A Crew

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Arno van Loo

10 Dez. 2009
München
I think it's kind of silly for people to go to a METAL fest and complain about moshing. It's very easy to get out of the way of a pit or (especially) wall of death and even if you trip or something people are always quick to help you up.

Wall of deaths are arguably even safer than moshing or crowd surfing. They just look a lot more violent than they actually are. Case in point, pull up a wall of death video and watch them running in. Looks pretty brutal. Now rewing and watch one specific person and follow them. Doesn't look painful at all, looks like playing bumper cars in kids school or something. Watch another person, you'll see the same thing. It's nowhere near as harmful as skiing, rugby, american football, boxing, wrestling, diving and lots of other perfectly legal and normal things. Sure, someone can get an elbow to the face or a foot stepped on accidently but they don't HAVE to be in the pit, it's easy to get out of the way. I think I've been hurt more in a packed out crowd at near the front when people aren't moshing but you have your ribcage crushed against someone in front of you than I have in a moshpit, which is essentially just people bouncing off each other.

This guy said it all ^^

VonMatze

Finally a step in the right direction, yet still a far way from were it should be...

I dont see the fuss about Walls of Deaths and Circle Pits anyway! Looking at the number of participants in such events, and the number of severe injuries, one should notice that they are completley harmless! The only thing this "bann" did anyway, was prevent bands from announcing/demanding one. The crowds still could do it, and still did it. Its completley impossible to control a in trance crowd of insane metalheads...trying it is completley ridiculous anyway! I dont think anybody expects a concert in which your seated, while taking out your monocle to view the stage...People going to Wacken are aware of the risks, and it should not be the job of the organizers to control the behaviour of the crowds during concerts in such a manner. Its not like Wacken is the only place that has circle pits.... Atleast one can do circle pits again, but that there still are debates on Walls of Death, is ridiculous... The fuss just comes from the Loveparade incidence anyway... Because it happend once (or atleast happens very few times), one should not automatically apply the same scenario to every festival. Yes, one can be aware of what COULD happen, yet fussing about something as banal as a Wall of Death due to that is not adequate.

Thumbs up for the Organizers for allowing Circle Pits again and listening to the people. PLEASE do the same for Walls of Deaths... Banning them is a pointless buzzkill.

Marklar

22 Aug. 2010

This guy said it all, circle pits and walls of death should be as legal as drinking a few too many beers at the beer-garden, thank you Wacken for making the first right decision.

Muloc7253

11 Okt. 2010
The thing about love parade is that it wasn't anything like moshing, it was people essentially rioting, all trying to cram themselves through one tiny door at once.

It really comes down to two points.

1) Pits and wall of deaths are optional, and people involved know the risks.

2) The "risks" are minor injuries. A busted nose or broken toe is the worst that happens, and I never really see anything like that anyway.

I think the fact that the music is hard and heavy and we look like suspect violent folks to the clueless authorities (long hair, black shirts, bullet belts etc.) and that means we're gonna be aggressive. But I think it was at a Smashing Pumpkins concert that a guy had his neck broke :p wasn't even any moshing involved.