What's with all the joke/gimmick bands this year?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Muloc7253

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Okt. 2010
I know some people like this stuff so they'll always book a few novelty acts but does anyone else think they're going a bit overkill this year?

Blaas of Glory
Excrementory Grindfuckers
Hayseed Dixie
Knorkator
Russkaja
Ski King

And I'm sure there's more to come. I'm all for humour and all (although don't find any of the above funny or find their novelties interesting) but would rather Wacken spent their funds on some solid bands rather than shit just put there to amuse the 14-year old Metalocalypse fanbase.

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
I know some people like this stuff so they'll always book a few novelty acts but does anyone else think they're going a bit overkill this year?

Blaas of Glory
Excrementory Grindfuckers
Hayseed Dixie
Knorkator
Russkaja
Ski King

And I'm sure there's more to come. I'm all for humour and all (although don't find any of the above funny or find their novelties interesting) but would rather Wacken spent their funds on some solid bands rather than shit just put there to amuse the 14-year old Metalocalypse fanbase.
I like EG and Knorkator, don't think that'll make me come back to Wacken though.. Actuallly it might rather keep me away :p

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
I think this has been an ongoing trend for the last few years. I blame Mambo Kurt (but just because I hate him).

The majority of people at Wacken are still germans, and those kind of bands just seem quite popular over there. That's probably why.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I think this has been an ongoing trend for the last few years. I blame Mambo Kurt (but just because I hate him).

The majority of people at Wacken are still germans, and those kind of bands just seem quite popular over there. That's probably why.

yeah it all started with the firefighters and mambo kurt.
I don't really mind though, there's enough to see, just as long as they have other good bands.

and I can always get shit faced on the camp grounds when necessary...

metal_martin

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Hayseed Dixie is a win as far as I am concerned. They are a bit gimmicky and they are a band I would never go to a gig to see - but I think they fit in well with Wacken and it gives me a chance to take a peek.

Hope they do KISS covers though.