What kind of power station/Generator is useful at the camp?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
24 Nov. 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
I have been to too many festivals in total darkness and silence during nighttime, so my question is to those who use a power station or generator driven by either gasoline or diesel: How much power do I need for a stereo (not too big), some christmas lights and a toaster? :D
What kind of power station do u guys use in festival times?:confused:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I have been to too many festivals in total darkness and silence during nighttime, so my question is to those who use a power station or generator driven by either gasoline or diesel: How much power do I need for a stereo (not too big), some christmas lights and a toaster? :D
What kind of power station do u guys use in festival times?:confused:

The ones that DON'T work. They're definitely the best.

Why do you need electricity? For your cells? You can go to the Wacken office and have them charged there.
You want music? If you want to bring a generator, that means you go by car. That's enough.
Too dark? A torch will do miracles, and it'll last at least the week.

So... on the end, you don't need one. They're noisy, smelly, boring, bothering and useless anyways. (not to mention, polluting)

But that's just my $0.02

VindictaLoupsGarou

W:O:A Metalhead
1 Okt. 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Why do you need electricity? For your cells? You can go to the Wacken office and have them charged there.
You want music? If you want to bring a generator, that means you go by car. That's enough.

So... on the end, you don't need one. They're noisy, smelly, boring, bothering and useless anyways. (not to mention, polluting)

But that's just my $0.02

hehe good reply!

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Just go to the powered sites

This year we camped in the new "powered" sites at Wacken. A bit pricy but at least we could plug in our fridge and have cold beers all the time and plug in our stereo for round the clock metal without batteries or fart-arsing around with generators.

24 Nov. 2010
Norrköping, Sweden

But that's just my $0.02

I want electricity for electric lights around the campsite, some bigger speakers but my car's and there are silent ones too. We had some neighburs at this year's festival with a yamaha (I think?) that didn't make any noise at all! Pretty awesome. Ofc there are ones that makes hella lot of noise but I don't want one of those.
But maybe it'll ruin the whole "festival feeling" if I bring all those luxuries!

I'll look around and do some more thinking, I've got 240 days to decide! :)

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Always nice to wake up in the morning with a fresh breakfast! Toast makes it even better! :D

Oh that's what the mini grills are for. They made a halfway decent pizza, I bet they'd toast bread too. :D

Personally though I enjoyed going to the store and picking up a few cans of what looked like peaches and had those for breakfast. :D