i never thought it would come to this,...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
yes im asking: anyone have any tickets they want to sell? just need one.

Atleast i wont be the only one asking this question again this year, but i finally started to plan my trip, ill be in ireland for a week then plan on hitting wacken (if i score a ticket).

I figure my chance of getting a ticket last minute is potentially a lot less of a hassle than having bought a ticket with the result of an empty bank account (after the hack). so what the hell.

my other issue:
more importantly- how easy is it to get to Neuschwanstein castle from wacken without buying a bunch of tickets up front, in other words just paying as i go.. via train
people have said the trains in germany are relatively plenty and easy to get around with but i will be traveling alone and HAVE to inquire about this info before i leave.
can someone give me some tips on getting there, (approx how many trains ill have to take and how far the castle itself is out of the way from the nearest train station) - would that be in munich?
i realize theres tons of info sites about this but i like to get personal replies.

on the other hand, anyone driving back that direction after wacken and can give me a ride? even if its close by? ill give gas money, buy beer, split room fees, whatever,... sorry,but no sexual favors :p

I cant leave Germany AGAIN this time without checking out Neuschwanstein castle.

thanks from New Jersey

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
For the castle, you'll need to make your way to Füssen. From Wacken you get to Hamburg Hbf and then change once in München/Munich [there are actually several possible routes though]. Then there's a 20min bus ride to the castle. Also it seems it's recommended to book a visit in advance.

Also there's the option of using a car sharing website [might only be in German though, dunno]. Never done it myself but I think basically it's just a forum where you see who's going in the same direction as you and ask to ride with them. Considering the castle is so popular, you might be able to find a bunch of people driving from Munich directly to it.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
For the castle, you'll need to make your way to Füssen. From Wacken you get to Hamburg Hbf and then change once in München/Munich [there are actually several possible routes though]. Then there's a 20min bus ride to the castle. Also it seems it's recommended to book a visit in advance.

Also there's the option of using a car sharing website [might only be in German though, dunno]. Never done it myself but I think basically it's just a forum where you see who's going in the same direction as you and ask to ride with them. Considering the castle is so popular, you might be able to find a bunch of people driving from Munich directly to it.

The car sharing (www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de) is not a forum!
It's just an announcement thing where you either search for a ride from your point of departure to your point of destination, and people can react on that by phone/mail/whatever way, or you can offer a ride from point A to point B and people can ask if they can go with you. Contact is again via the same means.
Did it last year, and it worked wonderfully. I offered a trip from Brussels (North) to Hamburg (by train, this is also possible) and got 2 going with me during this ride. Saved me after all €30, 'cause that's what I asked/got from them.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
yes im asking: anyone have any tickets they want to sell? just need one.

Atleast i wont be the only one asking this question again this year, but i finally started to plan my trip, ill be in ireland for a week then plan on hitting wacken (if i score a ticket).

I figure my chance of getting a ticket last minute is potentially a lot less of a hassle than having bought a ticket with the result of an empty bank account (after the hack). so what the hell.

my other issue:
more importantly- how easy is it to get to Neuschwanstein castle from wacken without buying a bunch of tickets up front, in other words just paying as i go.. via train
people have said the trains in germany are relatively plenty and easy to get around with but i will be traveling alone and HAVE to inquire about this info before i leave.
can someone give me some tips on getting there, (approx how many trains ill have to take and how far the castle itself is out of the way from the nearest train station) - would that be in munich?
i realize theres tons of info sites about this but i like to get personal replies.

on the other hand, anyone driving back that direction after wacken and can give me a ride? even if its close by? ill give gas money, buy beer, split room fees, whatever,... sorry,but no sexual favors :p

I cant leave Germany AGAIN this time without checking out Neuschwanstein castle.

thanks from New Jersey

Check This section of the forum.
Advantage, you don't pay for overprized tickets, and they are real as well!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
For Neuschwanstein (Schloss/Castle)

You can buy your ticket (online) through www.bahn.de (option in English available), and print at home.
You need an ID that is valid in the train! This is for foreigners mostly your credit card. (It will be read on a machine by the train controller)

Your final destination is indeed Füssen.

You can buy your ticket only 92 days in advance. I'd do that if you were to go by train, it could be there for only €19/single trip. This ticket is however related on ONE trip. You therefore have to book a seat in IC/ICE trains.

Armodude

11 Mai 2009
Hey I'm actually selling a ticket. Got 4 and one of us is not coming, so I have one spare left. It's in Koln physicall, a friend is holding them until we get there.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
thanks for all the transport links but most are in german if not all. im kind of hoping i can find some people who are also going back that direction and i can travel with either by train or car. i wont buy any tickets up front prior to going because i wont figure it out or plan it out well. it cant be that hard to get there im just concerned that i can just jump on a train and pay as i go. im just wondering where to stop on the way (what to see and visit)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
thanks for all the transport links but most are in german if not all. im kind of hoping i can find some people who are also going back that direction and i can travel with either by train or car. i wont buy any tickets up front prior to going because i wont figure it out or plan it out well. it cant be that hard to get there im just concerned that i can just jump on a train and pay as i go. im just wondering where to stop on the way (what to see and visit)

I can help you on that one if you need it. Let me know! (on both ways ;))

my other issue:
thanks from New Jersey

To the Neuschwanstein Castle , go to Munich by train, into the train station there are a tourism office, you can buy a "Castles Tour" for 44 Euros, just in the exit of train station there are the Bus for that tour, include the visit to Linderhoff Castle, also a shopping visit in a Bavarian Town called Oberammergau , and of course the Neuschwanstein castle
The Bus departs 7 am and returning to Munich around 6 pm
:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
To the Neuschwanstein Castle , go to Munich by train, into the train station there are a tourism office, you can buy a "Castles Tour" for 44 Euros, just in the exit of train station there are the Bus for that tour, include the visit to Linderhoff Castle, also a shopping visit in a Bavarian Town called Oberammergau , and of course the Neuschwanstein castle
The Bus departs 7 am and returning to Munich around 6 pm
:)

thank you very much. I appreciate the help. how did you enjoy this tour? i cant wait to see it. South germany is beautiful.