Driving to Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

thrashbestos

27 Apr. 2010
this will be my 8th year at wacken and have chosen to drive with me mates this year, newcastle to amsterdam then onto hamburg etc

i understand that you have to camp with ur car, any1 know what the fields are like where the cars are?? is there much room etc?? and how far away are u from the main arena as usually i camp quite close

thanks

toastie

W:O:A Metalmaster
11 Juli 2008
this will be my 8th year at wacken and have chosen to drive with me mates this year, newcastle to amsterdam then onto hamburg etc

i understand that you have to camp with ur car, any1 know what the fields are like where the cars are?? is there much room etc?? and how far away are u from the main arena as usually i camp quite close

thanks

How far away? If you've already been there you should know about that.:p
And yes, you have pretty much room- but it depends on your parking- and camping strategy.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

thanks

How far away? If you've already been there you should know about that.:p
And yes, you have pretty much room- but it depends on your parking- and camping strategy.

Except for field A (Autofrei = car free) you can park anywhere you want to. (B and R are also excluded unless you have either a disabled person with you and applied for it for B or reserved a place with 50+ people for R)

thrashbestos

27 Apr. 2010
great thanks, in 2003 there was loads of room, but since then ive never camped near the cars!

i was worried id have to camp miles away and my friends who are getting a taxi wud have miles to walk to find us!

Graveworm_Hunter

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
great thanks, in 2003 there was loads of room, but since then ive never camped near the cars!

i was worried id have to camp miles away and my friends who are getting a taxi wud have miles to walk to find us!

We drove last year (from Greece) and driving again this year. Last year was our first time, we got there and followed what the reflective people told us and we ended up in the Happy Metal Camper Park...which is like in Denmark!!!! Took forever to walk to festival area, and double that on the way back, we got lost every night, never seemed to take the same way back, had blisters the size of melons! This year will be different!
We had no problem with the field, although some did, it got quite muddy. I've got 4x4 so I was ok;). We had plenty of room, although we did get blocked in almost straight away...no way to get the car out to go to the village for beer...yet another walk!
Our drive this year will be a little shorter as we're cheating and getting the ferry to Venice and driving up from there.
Just hope you don't end up in the Happy(Not) Metal Camper Park!
Good Luck!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

thanks

do you know any guys called stu, patrick or alex?
Just A couple of guys I know from newcastle :p

thrashbestos

27 Apr. 2010
We drove last year (from Greece) and driving again this year. Last year was our first time, we got there and followed what the reflective people told us and we ended up in the Happy Metal Camper Park...which is like in Denmark!!!! Took forever to walk to festival area, and double that on the way back, we got lost every night, never seemed to take the same way back, had blisters the size of melons! This year will be different!
We had no problem with the field, although some did, it got quite muddy. I've got 4x4 so I was ok;). We had plenty of room, although we did get blocked in almost straight away...no way to get the car out to go to the village for beer...yet another walk!
Our drive this year will be a little shorter as we're cheating and getting the ferry to Venice and driving up from there.
Just hope you don't end up in the Happy(Not) Metal Camper Park!
Good Luck!

lol, i dont want to be far away!! ive camped close for 7 years! getting blocked in doesnt sound much fun either, i want to be away quickly on sunday morning!!!

i wish i cud park up somewhere and walk in with me tent etc and camp close like usual! wacken emailed me saying i had to camp with my car, there must be somewhere to park!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
lol, i dont want to be far away!! ive camped close for 7 years! getting blocked in doesnt sound much fun either, i want to be away quickly on sunday morning!!!

i wish i cud park up somewhere and walk in with me tent etc and camp close like usual! wacken emailed me saying i had to camp with my car, there must be somewhere to park!

the place to park is next to your tent ;)

Graveworm_Hunter

19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net

I don't you think you can park up anywhere and walk in, you have to take your car in. And, good luck leaving on the Sunday...actually leaving the site wasn't too bad last year, we thought it rather easy until we hit the main road to Hamburg, took 5 hours just to get from the site to the other side of Hamburg and free of the traffic. Drove all day and night then through Germany, through the Czech Republic and Slovakia before finally having to stop and get some sleep and a well needed shower in Hungary!

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I don't you think you can park up anywhere and walk in, you have to take your car in.!
my friend who arrived late was able to pay some guy like 20 euros and park his car in front of his house nearby but this was at 4 am when he arrived. youd be surprised with the things you can actually do when you only ask!

And, good luck leaving on the Sunday...actually leaving the site wasn't too bad last year, we thought it rather easy until we hit the main road to Hamburg, took 5 hours just to get from the site to the other side of Hamburg and free of the traffic. Drove all day and night then through Germany,

yes it was hell. I arrived in Berlin at 10 pm!

thrashbestos

27 Apr. 2010
reckon i may park up in itzehoe near the train station and get a taxi to the fest as itl be cheap and stress free!! then get a taxi back early sunday and head to amsterdam