Preliminary Running Order and band announcements

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lachlan

11 Mai 2009
Bendigo, Australia
What are the chances of Wacken getting 'the big 4'?

So far, neither Metallica, Megadeth or Anthrax have a German festival show announced. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anthrax owe us a show after cancelling last year.

There was an interveiw with the Wacken organisers last year saying that Metallica would probably play in 2010.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=43287

I was told that Motley Crue were playing he same night as Maiden, which would leave a free night as only three big acts are named here.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
What are the chances of Wacken getting 'the big 4'?

So far, neither Metallica, Megadeth or Anthrax have a German festival show announced. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anthrax owe us a show after cancelling last year.

There was an interveiw with the Wacken organisers last year saying that Metallica would probably play in 2010.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=43287

I was told that Motley Crue were playing he same night as Maiden, which would leave a free night as only three big acts are named here.

99.9% chance they will not be playing. I believe the big four is exclusive to the Sonisphere lineups.

On top of that, rumors are that they tried to pull Metallica this year, but they requested WAY too much money for the gig (1.5 million euros)

With Manowar, they're rumored EVERY year along with Rammstein and AC/DC. It's actually starting to get annoying seeing them rumored year after year by people who are hoping.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I have been hoping for Anthrax as they pulled out last year. They are around near the time, playing Sonisphere at Knebworth for the second year in a row...and I really need to see Bush fronted Anthrax again.

davidog

14 März 2010
wow finally a post here that i understand and i can comment..

i really thought that wacken wont confirm new big bands because of the huge number of bands. i hope wacken will bring more bands that i like or just goog well known bands.

Gash

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Sep. 2006
Gelderland
www.last.fm
I like Immortal, in fact is one of the bands that i really want to see, but to be honest i don't think that Immortal is in the same level that Maiden, Motley, Cooper or Slayer... in my opinion...
But yes.. Immortal could be headlining on saturday...

If I remember it correctly, Immortal was also headliner in 2007.. but I was drunk at the time, so I'm not sure :p

If I remember it correctly, Immortal was also headliner in 2007.. but I was drunk at the time, so I'm not sure :p

Yes.. Immortal was the headliner in black stage, as Gorgoroth/God Seed was in 2008

i can't wait for the preliminary running order, I hope the bands that I want to see clash as little as possible :p
---------------------------------------
I don't lose the hope to see Triptycon, Tankard, Arkona