Tips for all ladies going to Wacken! ;)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Solskinn Av Natten

W:O:A Metalhead
28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
My first time at Wacken was in 2008. I started off going alone, and feeling a bit nervous about it. However, a couple of friends joined in on the trip, and soon we had a giant group. But I was still on my own a lot of the time. So, being a woman, I'll share a few tips with other women, based on things that were helpful for me! :)

- Always have your own toilet paper. ALWAYS! There is never enough in the public toilets. (And sometimes you'll have to clean them a bit before use!)

- Wet wipes / baby wipes are handy to carry, too. I put a few together in individual ziplock bags, so each time I go out, I can just grab one bag to stick in my purse. Good for emergencies, and also for makeup removal!

- I also bring a small hand mirror, in case I want to put on makeup before having it all melt off in the sun ;)

- If you like sleeping, don't camp too close to the festival area. I was counseled by friends who'd been there before, and chose a quieter camping area. But if you camp right beside the music, there's constant noise and often drunken peeing very close to your tent... which isn't a nice way to awake :rolleyes:

- Carry a purse that's close to your body and not easily pulled off. This way, when pushing through a really tight crowd, it doesn't prevent you from moving through (and it can't be grabbed as easily). I'm not saying everyone's out to steal purses; quite the contrary! But it doesn't hurt to be a bit careful. A super unfashionable "fanny pack" is good for this, or some kind of flat messenger bag, instead of a big, bulky purse.

I'm sure I've missed some points, so if anyone else can add to this list, please do!!

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Going to contradict you a bit, sorry in advance. :o

Definitely second the toilet paper. And baby wipes, I didn't bring any, but Holly did, and they turned out pretty useful. Not necessary but a good idea.

As far as sleeping... I camped very near the area, and yes there were Germans singing in the middle of the night. But for me personally, I was so tired by the end of the day, that I was out like a light anyway. Peeing I didn't have an issue with, don't know of anyone who did, usually guys are generally decent enough to do their business in the bushes along the sides of the roads.

Don't know who brings purses into the fest area though. Just do what you'd do for any regular show. I just kept what I needed in my pockets, and I had jeans. Some people just use the full metal bag included with the ticket at the festival area, but besides that, I just leave everything but like my camera and food/drink money in the tent. But fannypacks are in general one of the worst ideas for travelling in general, it's where anyone looking to steal stuff is going to look. If you have anything important like a passport/tickets of whatever sort/large amounts of money, DON'T keep it in there. Keep it seperate, in a money belt preferrably. But I don't like wearing things under my clothes, so I just kept mine in a pouch.

Don't really get why girls need anything more than guys at fests, besides the obvious lack of convenience while peeing and thus needing the toilet more. And hopefully it's not your time of month. But besides that, most of the general tips seem to do well. If you're willing to rough it a bit and go without showering and etc, that is. If you're one of those girly girls that freaks out at the sight of mud and can't imagine the idea of camping, well... don't know why you want to go to Wacken anyway. :o

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Going to contradict you a bit, sorry in advance. :o

Definitely second the toilet paper. And baby wipes, I didn't bring any, but Holly did, and they turned out pretty useful. Not necessary but a good idea.

As far as sleeping... I camped very near the area, and yes there were Germans singing in the middle of the night. But for me personally, I was so tired by the end of the day, that I was out like a light anyway. Peeing I didn't have an issue with, don't know of anyone who did, usually guys are generally decent enough to do their business in the bushes along the sides of the roads.

Don't know who brings purses into the fest area though. Just do what you'd do for any regular show. I just kept what I needed in my pockets, and I had jeans. Some people just use the full metal bag included with the ticket at the festival area, but besides that, I just leave everything but like my camera and food/drink money in the tent. But fannypacks are in general one of the worst ideas for travelling in general, it's where anyone looking to steal stuff is going to look. If you have anything important like a passport/tickets of whatever sort/large amounts of money, DON'T keep it in there. Keep it seperate, in a money belt preferrably. But I don't like wearing things under my clothes, so I just kept mine in a pouch.

Don't really get why girls need anything more than guys at fests, besides the obvious lack of convenience while peeing and thus needing the toilet more. And hopefully it's not your time of month. But besides that, most of the general tips seem to do well. If you're willing to rough it a bit and go without showering and etc, that is. If you're one of those girly girls that freaks out at the sight of mud and can't imagine the idea of camping, well... don't know why you want to go to Wacken anyway. :o

It's quite okay. I know everyone has a very different experience of something as big and varied as Wacken ;) That's why feedback is good!

It's true, some guys are really decent about where they do their business at festivals... but some aren't :p

I also keep my passport and documents and things close under my clothes, and NOT in a purse! But for other things, or if you don't wear pockets (some skirts don't have them, for example), then a purse would be necessary.

But I can't imagine having my 'time of the month' at a festival... ughh. If I could hold it in somehow, for a few days, I definitely would...

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
It's quite okay. I know everyone has a very different experience of something as big and varied as Wacken ;) That's why feedback is good!

It's true, some guys are really decent about where they do their business at festivals... but some aren't :p

I also keep my passport and documents and things close under my clothes, and NOT in a purse! But for other things, or if you don't wear pockets (some skirts don't have them, for example), then a purse would be necessary.

But I can't imagine having my 'time of the month' at a festival... ughh. If I could hold it in somehow, for a few days, I definitely would...

From experience, "Aunt Flo" paying a visit on festival days, or even shows at all are terrible.

Skirts at festivals for me, well, being a bit less-than-graceful while drunk, it's not so much a good idea. Last thing I would need is to have some random guys seeing my underpants because I fell over XD.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
From experience, "Aunt Flo" paying a visit on festival days, or even shows at all are terrible.

Skirts at festivals for me, well, being a bit less-than-graceful while drunk, it's not so much a good idea. Last thing I would need is to have some random guys seeing my underpants because I fell over XD.

Haha, you sound like me!! :D
That's why I ALWAYS wear shorts under any skirt. If I'm too drunk to remember to sit with my legs closed (or fall over, lol), nothing to worry about :cool:

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
i just peed on anywhere and everywhere, fuck it,. if the men can do it why cant i.
i had my own wipes but never seemed to have any on me while taking a drunken piss out in the open.:p
id probably smelled like urine but it was mixed it with mud and spilt beer and other alcoholc drinks so noone can tell.

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
I was planning to post that too when I saw the thread :D

Spray for desinfection comes in handy too. In 2007 I dropped my cell in a dixi toilet :p

Eww. I'm sorry to hear it!
What did you do?? (Or maybe I shouldn't even ask? :p)

I dropped my sunglasses in the puddle on the floor BESIDE the toilet in the Dixi... I just couldn't bring myself to pick them up and put them back on again, clean water or not. No soap = not wearing them :(

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
I was planning to post that too when I saw the thread :D

Spray for desinfection comes in handy too. In 2007 I dropped my cell in a dixi toilet :p

Eww. I don't think I would want it back if I did that.

I brought these disinfecting whipes I found in the camping section at Wal-Mart. They weren't very good but I bought them for camping in the middle of the woods without a garbage so I got "environmentally friendly" wipes.

I know my ex dropped a hot dog in the mud and ate it anyways. That was kind of a gross sight.

I plan on getting one of those devices because those lines did get frustrating.