Security people on entry!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Graveworm_Hunter

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Juli 2009
Halkidiki, Greece.
www.go2halkidiki.net
Did anyone else have any problems with the security people on the entrance to the stages area?
We had no problems at all on the Thursday, but on the Friday one girl (i think it was a girl) was not going to allow my girlfriend in because of her boots! There was quite an argument until I asked to speak to the head of security. The problem seemed to be with the small studs (spikes as she called them). These are those New Rock boots. I explained that the only other pair of boots she had were bigger and had more of these (spikes). She basically said walk back to the campsite (1.5km) and change! Into what, I asked, as the only other pair of shoes she had with her was a pair of flip flops!!! Anyway the head guy came and he was much more professional and we had to assure him that she was not going to go jumping around on top of people. He let her in.
But, with all the problems about the boots, this (girl), a so called security person didn't even check my girlfriends bag. She could have been carrying anything in there!
I was also stopped and told I was not allowed my camera in, even though it says cameras ARE ALLOWED. But, I was allowed in the end. I never had my bag checked either for if they had they would have found 20 cans of beer in there each time.
Just wondered if anyone else has had any problems?

I had a little inconvenient..
the saturday, the security guy check my back pack, and saw some NEW DVD's and Cd's that i bought in Metal Market.. .and he told me that I CAN'T ENTER WITH IT !!!
And I said to him... "why not.. is just some dvd and cds that i bought few minutes ago in metal market??" and the security guy told me.. sorry but you cant enter with it....

I change to another entry... and I could entry without problems

Skeksis

11 Feb. 2009
I haven't really had problems, but the security has alot of flaws. Only once my bag got checked. He just felt if anything was in it, when he did feel something I said it was my jacket and he didn't even check it. Sure it really only was my jacket, but there could have been other stuff in it. Also I only really got searched once, othertimes they just quickly passed their hands over my front pockets (back pockets got ignored most of the time) and they let me in.

Also it depends on the gaurd wether they allow something or not. I didn't get in with a bullet belt on, but I saw multiple people with bullet bellts on the festival grounds. Same with camera's, a friend of my was denied entry because of his camera. He went to another entry and they let him pass without even looking at his camera.

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
I haven't really had problems, but the security has alot of flaws. Only once my bag got checked. He just felt if anything was in it, when he did feel something I said it was my jacket and he didn't even check it. Sure it really only was my jacket, but there could have been other stuff in it. Also I only really got searched once, othertimes they just quickly passed their hands over my front pockets (back pockets got ignored most of the time) and they let me in.
Heh... I tell you what:
My Swiss army knife is always with me.
Wacken was no exception.
The concert area was no exception either.
And NEVER did I have any problems with that. The thing was not even hidden (OK, I admit it did not sit "in plain sight", but oh well... it was with me, that is enough).
Heard of people having probs because of extra batteries for their cameras ("this can be used for throwing and blah blah blah"). Never had probs of that kind either - though there is always a spare pair of batteries in my cam bag.
Am I doing anything wrong, or am I just a lucky old hag? :D

Sometimes I really think the security does not cope with THAT number of people anymore.
:rolleyes:

pitcrew

15 Jan. 2009
hellow guys,
I had realy big problems with the security!
They grapt me with 6 guys!
only because I make a wall of death!
and I realy dont know that it was forbidden!
I have been lookin on the internet and in the festival guide but nowhere stands that it was forbidden!
so the took me with 6 guys verry hard!
I has to go to the security camp and they dont wanna tell me why they took me!

In the camp, there was a guy, he stand with me at the wall of death
the security got him to! but the hit him so hard that he must go to the hospital!
They dont hit me, but the grapt me verry hard! in my neck an both arms on my back!

still no reason!!

then the cops came and they tell me what was the problem!
I explain that it whas strange that the security grap me! becaus on all the video walls they have video's of "the wildest crowd" and show 5 differend walls of death, and it was not on internet and nog on the guide!

I must come with the cops to the police camp! with a policecar!!!
In the car the write down my name and adres!
but the security guy came back with a big smile and say: " i have to cut youre wrist band off"
that was a fucking panik moment for me ( the rest was a lot of panic even!)
because i was scared the wanna kick me to, even like the other guy!!!

at the police camp the cops where verry friendly !!! Thank god!!!

that is my story with the security!!!
if someboddy want to ask something, send me a email pleazzz!!!
pino_rulezz@hotmail.com

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
yeah, that security is weird

one time I got asked if I could spray some after sun spray on my arm or hand so they could see if it was really after sun spray

I was asked to open the box where I can put my (sun)glasses in to check if I had nothing hidden in it

next time the woman looked inside my bag and was done