Anthrax might NOT play Wacken...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
Tankard are good, I'd be happy to check them if they were playing WOA. As well as Sodom for example.

But they can't even compare with Anthrax, for me. I fucking grew up listening to Anthrax in the 90s.
They are in my Top-3 of "bands to see at WOA'09" (along with Napalm Death and Motorhead)

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
I knew that writing this on a german forum was quite risky ;)

I think it's just a matter of preference. For me, Sodom is the incarnation of Thrash Metal. The vocals are very rough, the music is damn fast and the gain is over the top. :D

They were also pioneering in Thrash Metal and their style has played a big role in the development of the harder subgenres of Metal, especially Black Metal.

I saw them live almost 2 years ago (still with Chris Witchhunter on the drums). It was a mind blowing experience. I was shocked by the loudness though, because it was the first time I was at a general admission concert and they were really cranking the amps as well as the PA system. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Jordan

25 März 2009
I think it's just a matter of preference. For me, Sodom is the incarnation of Thrash Metal. The vocals are very rough, the music is damn fast and the gain is over the top. :D

They were also pioneering in Thrash Metal and their style has played a big role in the development of the harder subgenres of Metal, especially Black Metal.

I saw them live almost 2 years ago (still with Chris Witchhunter on the drums). It was a mind blowing experience. I was shocked by the loudness though, because it was the first time I was at a general admission concert and they were really cranking the amps as well as the PA system. :D
I'm agreeing with that, and I'd be more than happy to see Sodom at WOA (and not Onkel Tom on Wednesday, when I'm not arrived yet)

However, I've been much more exposed to Anthrax in my teenage years, so I still prefer to see Anthrax rather than Sodom.

The best would have been, of course, to have both of them... :(

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
I'm agreeing with that, and I'd be more than happy to see Sodom at WOA (and not Onkel Tom on Wednesday, when I'm not arrived yet)

However, I've been much more exposed to Anthrax in my teenage years, so I still prefer to see Anthrax rather than Sodom.

The best would have been, of course, to have both of them... :(

I'm gonna see Sodom as the headlining act, together with Wolfchant (a great Pagan Metal act) as support on an indoor concert (no festival) on 22nd of August in a small village near Regensburg (Bavaria, Germany). But I wouldn't mind seeing them two times this summer. First at the W:O:A and then at the concert in Regensburg. :D

TheOmen

15 Mai 2007
Emsbüren
Bis jetzt ist doch noch nichts offiziell für Wacken geworden oder?

Actually nothing is confirmed about a wacken canceling right?

Hab ich was übersehen??

slayerizer

10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
Tankard are good, I'd be happy to check them if they were playing WOA. As well as Sodom for example.

But they can't even compare with Anthrax, for me. I fucking grew up listening to Anthrax in the 90s.
They are in my Top-3 of "bands to see at WOA'09" (along with Napalm Death and Motorhead)

Well I really hope they do make it to the stage next week!

gjallarhorn

24 Nov. 2006
I hope they play, as I was really looking forward to seeing them. BUT would they sadly pull out, this would be the perfect place where to put Turisas out of the fucking tent and spare some lives.

Antisocial!!!

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
I hope they play, as I was really looking forward to seeing them. BUT would they sadly pull out, this would be the perfect place where to put Turisas out of the fucking tent and spare some lives.

Antisocial!!!

True, but Turisas will only play on Saturday. It's not the fault of the festival organisation, it's simply due to the band not having time on any other day.

The concert in oslo tomorrow is cancelled.

Doesn't sound too good. :(

Sven

4 Juni 2008
Bremen
An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30.

Ich denk ma das damit auch wacken für Anthrax gelaufen ist.

El Presidente

21 Juli 2009
FUCK - auch die anderen Europa-Dates sind gecancelt. Könnte kotzen.

"As announced last week, thrash legends ANTHRAX regretfully cancelled the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness. An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30. Anthrax is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush joining them for a very special one off performance.

The members of Anthrax have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, Anthrax's slot on the U.S. Slipknot dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. Anthrax is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and look forward to hitting the road before the end of the year."

http://anthrax.com/NFWS/