Tent question

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MetalViking

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2007
England
Hey all, this time at Wacken im planning to have my own tent rather then asking someone if i can go in theirs :p
Does anyone know if there is anywhere in wacken or the village that sells cheap tents that i can buy?
Help would be greatly appreciated cheers guys

EDIT
I see they sell 2 man tents for 40 euros, do they sell them onsite and are their any cheaper ones around?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hey all, this time at Wacken im planning to have my own tent rather then asking someone if i can go in theirs :p
Does anyone know if there is anywhere in wacken or the village that sells cheap tents that i can buy?

EDIT
I see they sell 2 man tents for 40 euros, do they sell them onsite and are their any cheaper ones around?

@Edit Piaf:
Those are sold via Metaltix. You can pay them at home, and collect them at the W:O:A Office at the Hauptstraße / Main Street, just before the camping (coming from the center / small Edeka)

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
@Edit Piaf:
Those are sold via Metaltix. You can pay them at home, and collect them at the W:O:A Office at the Hauptstraße / Main Street, just before the camping (coming from the center / small Edeka)
Hmm ill have to consider that then
Thanks Quark :)

Does anyone know if the market in the village sells any tents?

Drex

I think last year I saw a store in which they were selling tents... but I also remember they were out of stock... so better bring your own tent (or try to buy it at hamburg, itzehoe, lübeck or somewhere out of wacken and near enough to carry with it)

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
EDIT

Quite expensive for those crappy little tents. I mean, the tents are OK for a few nights, but you get similar ones (just without "Wacken" on it) for half the price. But probably not in Wacken itself. That's the problem for you foreigners.

If you want to go for one of the Wacken brand tents, you should definitely pre-order them online and not just hope they have a few left once you arrive.

If you know someone in Germany who is going to arrive the same day as you, you could ask him/her to buy you a simple, cheap tent for you.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Quite expensive for those crappy little tents. I mean, the tents are OK for a few nights, but you get similar ones (just without "Wacken" on it) for half the price. But probably not in Wacken itself. That's the problem for you foreigners.

If you want to go for one of the Wacken brand tents, you should definitely pre-order them online and not just hope they have a few left once you arrive.

If you know someone in Germany who is going to arrive the same day as you, you could ask him/her to buy you a simple, cheap tent for you.

Isn't there a LIDL or somthing like that in the Altona station in Hamburg?

Don't know. Last time I was there, I had like 5 minutes to change.
And for the next trip I won't be in Altona altogether. My train from OS goes to Neumünster-Kiel and back comes from Oldenburg(Holst)

Sipyloidea

19 März 2007
Isn't there a LIDL or somthing like that in the Altona station in Hamburg?

Don't know. Last time I was there, I had like 5 minutes to change.
And for the next trip I won't be in Altona altogether. My train from OS goes to Neumünster-Kiel and back comes from Oldenburg(Holst)

There's one in the downer part where the subways depart. But it would be lots of luck if they actually sell tents there. They only sell tents as special offers like 4 times a year or something.

@vikingboy
I could buy a cheap tent for you and bring it but then we'd have to meet before the first night.

Btw. off topic: can you make it to the bbq?

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com

EDIT

don't they have tents in the UK?

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
There's one in the downer part where the subways depart. But it would be lots of luck if they actually sell tents there. They only sell tents as special offers like 4 times a year or something.

@vikingboy
I could buy a cheap tent for you and bring it but then we'd have to meet before the first night.

Btw. off topic: can you make it to the bbq?
What kind of tent? I need a 2 man for me n my mate and is it water proof? :p
I arrive at wacken on wednesday late evening, and if by BBQ you mean the wacken meeting then yes, if not i duno what about this bbq

don't they have tents in the UK?
The point is I dont have enough room to take one on the plane

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England

Also thanks for your input, ill take that on board :)

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
What kind of tent? I need a 2 man for me n my mate and is it water proof? :p

Sipy could buy one at Dänisches Bettenlager for example:
http://www.daenischesbettenlager.de...15066e/Product/View/26314001?FromCatalog=1238

They've got a summer sale at the moment - 21 euros for a simple igloo tent, said to be for three persons, and usually sufficient for two persons and some baggage. I've been using one in a similar shape for ages.
There are only two weak points: First is the construction of the entrance as the "roof" collects lots of water if it rains. :D You get used to removing the water after your first "shower".
Second is the roof construction...my tent has a lighter inner layer and a weatherproff outer layer - this tent here only has the outer layer so to speak, but with a "hole" in the apex that is simply covered by some kind of cap. Easier to build, lightweight compared to my version, but sometimes a bit of a problem when there's a lot of wind and rain that can be blown under the cap of the tent... In that case I guess you'll find somebody on the campground who's got a big plastic bag and some tape to make the roof more waterproof.
The fabric is kinda waterproof according to the description, but the number of only 800mm isn't very high. Should do for a short shower, but it might get a little wet if it's raining all day long.

Imho, the cheapest kind of tent for two persons. In most years, the weather is good enough to use that kind of tent.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: