PIRATES AT THE MEDIEVAL-STAGE

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
You've got to be kidding me...these guys are horrible:(

well, probably. I don't see how any pirate-related metal could be interesting.

oh, man, did I offense any headliner ? :D

seriously, I don't know them, but maybe I'll have a look if nothng better is available.

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
well, probably. I don't see how any pirate-related metal could be interesting.

oh, man, did I offense any headliner ? :D

seriously, I don't know them, but maybe I'll have a look if nothng better is available.

First of all, the one thing about your trolling that annoys me is the assumptions you make about Running Wild without having heard their discography. Yes they have pirate themed albums, but their best albums, which were their first albums, are not. Hell their first albums are more along the lines of blackened heavy metal. Either way this actually has nothing to do with theme or style of music. Some bands are thematically and stylistically a matter of taste, but Swashbuckle are actually just godawful untalented no matter the theme or genre.

Jordan

25 März 2009
First of all, the one thing about your trolling that annoys me is the assumptions you make about Running Wild without having heard their discography. Yes they have pirate themed albums, but their best albums, which were their first albums, are not.
:D
So I really offensed someone... ?

Man, that was just a joke, as the "seriously" who came just after intended ;)
You guys are so serious, it's a call to trollness, really !

Anyway, that's right, I don't know RW much, since they are really not that big outside of Germany. Don't know yet if I'll check them or prefer Thin Lizzy (which have the bad luck to play during an headliner show... quite an offense for the legend I guess... but that's not the point)

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
:D
So I really offensed someone... ?

Man, that was just a joke, as the "seriously" who came just after intended ;)
You guys are so serious, it's a call to trollness, really !

Anyway, that's right, I don't know RW much, since they are really not that big outside of Germany. Don't know yet if I'll check them or prefer Thin Lizzy (which have the bad luck to play during an headliner show... quite an offense for the legend I guess... but that's not the point)

I think you need to distinguish between offense and correction. You keep making the same mistake over and over and so I've simply corrected you. No one's sitting in a corner and crying about it. Just because someone contradicts you doesn't mean they're upset over it.

And I am actually from Canada and can say Running Wild is well known there, so I really don't get this "Running Wild is only big in Germany" stuff you keep spewing;)

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Oh and as an addition I think you missed the point of my post...it wasn't really to get into the RW issue, but to use it as an example. You don't like anything related to pirates and such, and that can be said to be a matter of thematic or stylistic taste, whereas my comment was on the overall shittiness of Swashbuckle regardless of theme or genre;)

Jordan

25 März 2009
Oh and as an addition I think you missed the point of my post...it wasn't really to get into the RW issue, but to use it as an example. You don't like anything related to pirates and such, and that can be said to be a matter of thematic or stylistic taste, whereas my comment was on the overall shittiness of Swashbuckle regardless of theme or genre;)
in fact, you're right. We don't give a damn about how the band dress as long as the music is good.
and we don't give a damn what they're talking about (medieval, pirates, etc...) as long as the music is good.

but that kind of "everyone loves everything" talk is soooo boring.

I prefer to bother people with my whining about the lack of DM, it's much more efficient ;)

Jordan

25 März 2009
No one's sitting in a corner and crying about it. Just because someone contradicts you doesn't mean they're upset over it.
and what about the difference between a running gag and an offense ? ;)

I don't care about RW, but it's so easy to make people mad, that I feel like I have to be a troll. I can't help it.
when someone wants to ban me (not you, I hope), I can't barely prevent me from trolling even more. :eek:
but I'll be nicer in a near future, I promise ! (or not)
And I am actually from Canada and can say Running Wild is well known there, so I really don't get this "Running Wild is only big in Germany" stuff you keep spewing;)
yeah, there are french people who know RW quite well. But nothing to be compared with legends like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, for example. That's what I call "being big".

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
in fact, you're right. We don't give a damn about how the band dress as long as the music is good.
and we don't give a damn what they're talking about (medieval, pirates, etc...) as long as the music is good.

but that kind of "everyone loves everything" talk is soooo boring.

I prefer to bother people with my whining about the lack of DM, it's much more efficient ;)

Actually, it isn't very efficient at all...if it were I'd be right there beside you whining in every single post that there is little to no good black, death or thrash metal in this year's lineup and I gave that up long ago (well whining in my posts anyways, in my mind I forever remain distraught at the lack of black metal in particular...not to mention my disapointment at no Vader and no Vomitory and no Asphyx and no Bolt Thrower though I really don't blame the band and no Sodom and no Destruction and no Tankard etc. etc.) :p

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
and what about the difference between a running gag and an offense ? ;)

I don't care about RW, but it's so easy to make people mad, that I feel like I have to be a troll. I can't help it.
when someone wants to ban me (not you, I hope), I can't barely prevent me from trolling even more. :eek:
but I'll be nicer in a near future, I promise ! (or not)

yeah, there are french people who know RW quite well. But nothing to be compared with legends like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, for example. That's what I call "being big".

I don't believe in banning personally:p If someone is so dreadfully annoying that I would ever want them banned I just begin to skip over their posts instead. Quite frankly I am one of those who believe that Maiden are horribly overrated. Some good songs, yes, but honestly I'm infinitely, incomparably more excited about seeing Running Wild this year than I was about Maiden going last year. Quite frankly I'm not as concerned about "big bands" going as I am about good extreme bands going. Epica are a big band yet, imo, they are shite...more excited about Pentagram and Whiplash than Epica in that I won't even attempt to see Epica:p

Jordan

25 März 2009
I don't believe in banning personally:p
good point for you ;)
I'm infinitely, incomparably more excited about seeing Running Wild this year than I was about Maiden going last year.
Well, I'm not ;) matter of taste I guess, and matter of fame, of course.
quite frankly I'm not as concerned about "big bands" going as I am about good extreme bands going. Epica are a big band yet, imo, they are shite...more excited about Pentagram and Whiplash than Epica in that I won't even attempt to see Epica:p
there, we agree, Epica is crap.
I'm bored cause I have to chose between In Flames, Epica an Eths... I guess my only hope is to get so drunk I fall asleep before they play !