Running Order

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Death to Vatican

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Mai 2009
Torino, Italy (Juventusland!)
My comment on the 4000 km. is essentially to make you understand that I can't risk to have to fund again such a long and expensive trip without having a good enough festival lineup in return.
I'm going to have a tremendous good time in Wacken this year, but if I have to weigh "costs and benefits" on the musical side of the trip...I have to say to myself that this year it's hardly a good investment.
If next year's bill is fantastic and I can't find my ticket, well, I'll get over it.
Every year a couple hundreds km. away from the city I live we have the Gods of Metal festival. I don't mind about the bill 'cause I'm going there anyway. It's just like our german friends say of Wacken every year. They will not care because it's so easy for them to go there. It's a no brainer.
If a wackener should decide to come to the Gods of Metal, which is about 4000 km. back and forth, the first thing they'd consider is "let's see who plays there?". This is the first and most important consideration to make.
In this sense you have to consider that all the comments of people who have to invest an important amount of money to come to Wacken is not just whining for the sake of doing it.
Well, maybe some do it but the majority of the comments are a genuine worry to invest money for something who might not be worth it.

Jordan

25 März 2009
My comment on the 4000 km. is essentially to make you understand that I can't risk to have to fund again such a long and expensive trip without having a good enough festival lineup in return.
I'm going to have a tremendous good time in Wacken this year, but if I have to weigh "costs and benefits" on the musical side of the trip...I have to say to myself that this year it's hardly a good investment.
(...)
Well, maybe some do it but the majority of the comments are a genuine worry to invest money for something who might not be worth it.
This definitively makes sense. Totally agree.
I am exactly in the same state of mind (though I have only 3000km back and forth ;) )

Lachlan

11 Mai 2009
Bendigo, Australia
If next year's bill is fantastic and I can't find my ticket, well, I'll get over it.
Every year a couple hundreds km. away from the city I live we have the Gods of Metal festival. I don't mind about the bill 'cause I'm going there anyway. It's just like our german friends say of Wacken every year. They will not care because it's so easy for them to go there. It's a no brainer.
If a wackener should decide to come to the Gods of Metal, which is about 4000 km. back and forth, the first thing they'd consider is "let's see who plays there?". This is the first and most important consideration to make.
In this sense you have to consider that all the comments of people who have to invest an important amount of money to come to Wacken is not just whining for the sake of doing it.

I felt the same way. I'm travelling from Melbourne, Australia. Roughly 16,000km (one way). I think the line-up is pretty good and I'll have a great time but I feel it's lacking a couple of names that would justify travelling that far. I also have the luxury of having a couple of spare weeks up my sleeve, so I've extended my trip and picked up a ticket to Graspop. Now I'll be able to catch a few of the bands I was hoping for when I bought my Wacken ticket. Pestilence, CoB, Gojira, Legion of the Damned, Blind Guardian and more. By the time I end my trip at Wacken I hope to be satisfied with what I've already seen and Wacken will top it off nicely:D If all goes to plan I may have the opportunity to return next year, but I'll be a little more cautious about getting a ticket too early.

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Off course if you live couple of hours driving from Wacken and you have major metal bands playing in your town every weekend. This is not the case with me: I have to take at least one week of vacation from work, 500$ for a plane ticket, 4 hours of flight, rent a car, rent a hotel before and after Wacken. And we have very few metal bands from abroad here: about 5 shows of foreign bands a year.

You could really cut costs if you skipped the rented car and hotels. This year I'll already be in Europe but in the past years I've gone to Wacken I usually fly in so that the plane lands the morning of the day I want to be at Wacken. Then take the train to Itzehoe and you'll have the option to either get a ride off of someone for a few euros, or you can take the bus from there. Then either make your leaving flight the night you leave, or sleep in the airport (which is what I typically do). You'd save a heck of a lot of money.

Medusa

13 Okt. 2008
You could really cut costs if you skipped the rented car and hotels. This year I'll already be in Europe but in the past years I've gone to Wacken I usually fly in so that the plane lands the morning of the day I want to be at Wacken. Then take the train to Itzehoe and you'll have the option to either get a ride off of someone for a few euros, or you can take the bus from there. Then either make your leaving flight the night you leave, or sleep in the airport (which is what I typically do). You'd save a heck of a lot of money.

Yes! And if you don't eat, you'll also save a lot of money! :D No, seriously, you sleep at the airport? The guards didn't bother you? (I'm planning to do the same thing)

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Yes! And if you don't eat, you'll also save a lot of money! :D No, seriously, you sleep at the airport? The guards didn't bother you? (I'm planning to do the same thing)

Depends which airport your at... the one in Lubeck is like a small shed in the middle of nowhere! but hamburg international is a big airport!

I prefer the option of spending a little more money and staying in hamburg for a couple of days an do other stuff though this year i'm off to sweden afterwards to see friends.

besides the formula1 is on the sunday after wacken so gotta get to somwhere with a tv to watch it :p