it's like death metal vanished from the 20th century

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
I can't get enough of Millorg. Amazing album.

Hell, you're not the only one. I particularly loved Speak Goddamnit, Alarm and Milorg. Had those on repeat quite a bit, but damn that album as a whole is just awesome. I can't wait to see those songs live.

As for the OP, I wouldn't bypass Pentagram, imo. Yes, they only have a few demos and an EP but they were still a great band. Just because a band doesn't have an extensive discography doesn't mean their material is worthless. Morbid Scream, for example, produced some of the best deathrash I've ever heard yet they only had two demos and their work only released as a compilation by Proscriptor from Absu two years ago. Pentagram were among the fathers of death metal and definitely deserving of respect. I'm personally excited that I even have the chance to see them. But I agree there should be more old school or at least pre-2000 death metal bands, along with more black metal and thrash metal. Doesn't look like its going to happen though.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Yes yes...I know we have nervecell and insidious disease, but really, considering this is wacken's 20 th anniversary, where the fuck is the old death metal ? (or even anyone who released an album prior to 2000). Not even one ?? and before anyone mentions pentagram....2 demos is hardly a credible career is it. What the hell are you WOA guys playing at ? :rolleyes:

and no I don't mean melodeath either

maybe you should go to death feast or mountains of death instead :rolleyes:

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
piss poor argument really when you look at the quality/quantity of death metal acts in past years and you consider this is 20th anniversary, it's not like I was being unreasonable in trusting WOA to book a couple of classic DM bands is it.:rolleyes:

Which is what most of the arguments have been all along. When I thought "Best of" I was assuming the more popular bands from each genre that have been there in the past. When a band releases a "Best of" cd it's not a re-release of a prior album with some new stuff on it. It's their most popular stuff over the course of the years prior. If there was great bands from a genre in the past, it's only natural to assume a "Best of" would include great bands from that genre. I know it's not a fest for one particular genre, but if great bands from a genre were included in the past it's only natural to believe a "Best of" would include top bands of that genre. From my knowledge, it wasn't ever a festival just for old school metal and new age American metal either, but that seems to be much of the bill thus far. I'm not really complaining about the lineup now. I'm easily amused and I'm sure there's bound for bands I'm into to be added for Thursday and Friday that I'm into. I'm particularly easy to please most of the time.

Glad you like Vreid though. I can't wait to see them live :)

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
piss poor argument really when you look at the quality/quantity of death metal acts in past years and you consider this is 20th anniversary, it's not like I was being unreasonable in trusting WOA to book a couple of classic DM bands is it.:rolleyes:

learn what the fuck an argument is.

get over the 20th anniversary hype. nobody is forcing you to go anywhere.
Wacken has never been a death metal festival, they book what is hot, like in 2006 or 2007 when folk and viking metal where the biggest thing.

I am getting so fucking sick and tired of all those people complaining.
Go organise your own festival if you think you know so well. :rolleyes:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
24 Mai 2009
learn what the fuck an argument is.

get over the 20th anniversary hype. nobody is forcing you to go anywhere.
Wacken has never been a death metal festival, they book what is hot, like in 2006 or 2007 when folk and viking metal where the biggest thing.

I am getting so fucking sick and tired of all those people complaining.
Go organise your own festival if you think you know so well. :rolleyes:

Nobody is forcing you to read, if you don't like having to endure others opinions on a forum, go away and make your own forum and just have yourself as the only member.

and BTW, where did I say it was a death metal festival or ask for loads of death metal bands, i said they have had much more death metal in the past years and I would have been happy with 2 decent old death metal bands thats 2 out of around 70 bands. learn to read and learn to count....

Zuletzt bearbeitet: