More questions

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shrapnel

22 Dez. 2008
San Diego, CA
So im almost ready, got my tickets, passport and some plane money, looks like its really happening. Me and 1 friend will be attending from California. It seems really dumb to go all the way around the world so close to Amsterdam and not go. how realistic is it to go to amsterdam first then wacken? What the hell is a visa, i keep hearing about them but still am clueless, will we need one to get through the amsterdam/germany border? Or will they let us through with just a passport? Also we wanted to bring bikes with us to get around towns and leave them there when we go back. Has anyone else biked to wacken? Ill think of more questions later, Thanks ahead of time.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
So im almost ready, got my tickets, passport and some plane money, looks like its really happening. Me and 1 friend will be attending from California. It seems really dumb to go all the way around the world so close to Amsterdam and not go. how realistic is it to go to amsterdam first then wacken? What the hell is a visa, i keep hearing about them but still am clueless, will we need one to get through the amsterdam/germany border? Or will they let us through with just a passport? Also we wanted to bring bikes with us to get around towns and leave them there when we go back. Has anyone else biked to wacken? Ill think of more questions later, Thanks ahead of time.

Sticky threads should help you.

A visa is required for some nationalities. Go to your "local" German enbassy to find out if you need one.
If you're US citizen, EU citizen or citizen from a few other countries you don't need one.

This also for ALL countries you're travelling though! (If you go to Amsterdam, the Dutch, Brussels, the Belgian etc)

Bike, you can take a bike in German trains but limited capacity.
Reservations are compulsary (and supplements may be required)

It might cost some money though. (ex. 24€ for a single trip NL-Germany)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
First:

http://woafor.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=132914

Then:

how realistic is it to go to amsterdam first then wacken?

Depends on when you arrive and how long you want to stay in Amsterdam?

What the hell is a visa, i keep hearing about them but still am clueless, will we need one to get through the amsterdam/germany border? Or will they let us through with just a passport?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_(document)

http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/usa/en/01__Embassy/Washington/00/__Home.html

"US citizens in possession of a valid US passport do not need a visa for airport transit, tourist or business trips (for stays up to 90 days). The passport must not expire before the end of the scheduled trip."

Also we wanted to bring bikes with us to get around towns and leave them there when we go back. Has anyone else biked to wacken?

I'm sure someone's biked to Wacken, though as far as I can remember 02 through 06 didn't see any bikes.
Are you taking the bikes on the plane over?
Have you checked the extra cost for extraordinary luggage?

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
woohoo more Americans :D
Amsterdam would be a nice stop if you have the time and money for it... plus money for the travel to Hamburg/Wacken, I hope you're not planning on biking the whole way :eek::o
no visa required fortunately [though that's been answered a few times already] and the passport gets you basically anywhere in Europe.
though btw there is no Amsterdam/Germany border, as one is a city and the other a country :o:D
hope that helps at all... I haven't been myself yet but I've learned a lot through the planning process of trying to figure out how I'm going this year :p

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
though btw there is no Amsterdam/Germany border

there is no dutch-german border either.
the borders are opened for quite some years now

by car you could get randomly picked for a car search, but as far as I experienced (at the border) that never went further than opening the trunk, cop looks inside and closing the trunk again.
Last year when we went to Obscene Extreme there was a passport check, but they just glanced into my Dutch passport and took quite some time for the Czech and Polish passports.
Never got checked in the train btw.

ow and

AMSTERDAM SUCKS!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004

by car you could get randomly picked for a car search, but as far as I experienced (at the border) that never went further than opening the trunk, cop looks inside and closing the trunk again.
Last year when we went to Obscene Extreme there was a passport check, but they just glanced into my Dutch passport and took quite some time for the Czech and Polish passports.

ow and

AMSTERDAM SUCKS!

*²*

BTW. I've always been checked on the train from VENLO to Düsseldorf.

But there are no real borders anymore.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
woohoo more Americans :D
Amsterdam would be a nice stop if you have the time and money for it... plus money for the travel to Hamburg/Wacken, I hope you're not planning on biking the whole way :eek::o
no visa required fortunately [though that's been answered a few times already] and the passport gets you basically anywhere in Europe.
though btw there is no Amsterdam/Germany border, as one is a city and the other a country :o:D
hope that helps at all... I haven't been myself yet but I've learned a lot through the planning process of trying to figure out how I'm going this year :p

You'll know when we go to Dong, or ask LooseCannon about it! ;)

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007

ow and

AMSTERDAM SUCKS!

I was checked on the train once and by car once or something, going there every weekend and back for half a year. They had a quick look at my ID in the train, by car they took the ID and checked it for a while. Don't know what they did though. Chances that you're checked are small though