Wacken Rocks gets postponed - and turns out even better!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
At least they got this news in english in here quickly.
Even though I don't think any people that are not from germany will visit this shit:D

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
Yeah, in fact I translate myself with reverso So I can understand the news. But it's would be better to translate those about the wackinger for exemple (they are long and directly linked with the WOA), not just for me but for others.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Yeah, in fact I translate myself with reverso So I can understand the news. But it's would be better to translate those about the wackinger for exemple (they are long and directly linked with the WOA), not just for me but for others.

Actually you're right. But it seems like the orga does not give a shit about what the fans are claming.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
Agree...

The good news here is that this "postponing" may remind the orga that they have a *real* fest to run by the end of july...

dunkeltroll

24 Nov. 2003
Laufen / Bayern
Website besuchen
Postponing the Rocks is at least a first sign that they realize: "we can't fuck around with everybody and still get out on top, no matter what". Metaltix still has the part "first 1000 tickets come with a free shirt" online - so much for the big demand that made the change necessary...

On the other hand: maybe they should fill up all available slots for the W:O:A with more Heavy / Power Metal bands. That way, at least SOME people would be totally happy with this years lineup. Next year, everyone pissed off this year would wait to buy their tickets till there is something worth seeing... Than they could piss off the Power Metal fans as well buy booking only Death/Black for 2010 ;)

Jordan

25 März 2009
On the other hand: maybe they should fill up all available slots for the W:O:A with more Heavy / Power Metal bands. That way, at least SOME people would be totally happy with this years lineup. Next year, everyone pissed off this year would wait to buy their tickets till there is something worth seeing... Than they could piss off the Power Metal fans as well buy booking only Death/Black for 2010 ;)
strange point of view ;)
I would totally agree if I wasn't going this year

dunkeltroll

24 Nov. 2003
Laufen / Bayern
Website besuchen
Well: I'm one of the poor fuckers who paid for one of the ROCKS. I considered it to be WAY to expensive for a weak / not metal lineup, but at least it wouldn't be overrun be tens of thousends of people, so the few bands I looked forward to I would at least be able to actually SEE - and not only on a video wall. And so would my 155cm high girlfriend...

And guess what? Next thing you know, they postpone it to get MORE FUCKIN PEOPLE in... :mad:

That's exactly the reason why I don't even think about going to Wacken any more, no matter who is going to perform. This years lineup is totally to my taste - would love to SEE Running Wild a last time... they were fucking cool in 2003, by the way, and are one of the bands I grew up on as a metalhead (20 years ago).

Jordan

25 März 2009
This years lineup is totally to my taste - would love to SEE Running Wild a last time...
especially since it's their "last show forever"...
too bad ;)

thinking I will have to get drunk to bear with them while you will not be able to be here really makes me sad ;)

dunkeltroll

24 Nov. 2003
Laufen / Bayern
Website besuchen
Well, you can at least shed a tear in my stead - won't have to be one out of remembrance, one out of despair / fretfulness will do... ;)

But maybe they can push RW back to the ROCKS shows - THAT would be one of the few reasons I can think of to not return my tickets for these... and maybe you get some more brutal shit instead of RW...

dunkeltroll

24 Nov. 2003
Laufen / Bayern
Website besuchen
And it would be A GREAT SELLING POINT (you hear me, Wacken staff? I'm talking about MAKING MONEY!!!) for the ROCKS, since W:O:A is sold out, regardless who is going to play:

"The organizer reserves the right to change the program without prior announcement".

Meaning: be glad to have any bands play at the W:O:A, they could put some fucking donkeys on stage :D