Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
You're joking, right?

Graspop's lineup has a few good bands, yes, but they're completely overruled by suckers like Korn, Slipknot, Nightwish and Marilyn Manson headlining. It's a fucking disgrace for Mötley Crüe and Heaven & Hell (Friday's headline) to be playing next to... that. Especially if you know that last year's GMM headlines were Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and KISS.

QUOTE]

Accept, Angelwitch and Warlock?

warlock are playing with doro

7 Apr. 2009
You're joking, right?

Graspop's lineup has a few good bands, yes, but they're completely overruled by suckers like Korn, Slipknot, Nightwish and Marilyn Manson headlining. It's a fucking disgrace for Mötley Crüe and Heaven & Hell (Friday's headline) to be playing next to... that. Especially if you know that last year's GMM headlines were Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and KISS.

QUOTE]

I surely prefare Slipknot rather that Running Wild or Heaven an Hell or UFO or Saxon or Doro. What's next? Accept, Angelwitch and Warlock?

You sir, are the reason why this year sucks. Slipknot belongs in a festival like this if shit bands like BmtH and BmfV and callejon are all here. They are all the same, metalcore garbage.

I personally am not very happy with this lineup, but it could be worse if people like this got it their way. I know the festival will still be fun..

I would love for more extreme bands to come, but slipknot is NOT extreme. Emperor, Aeternus, darkthrone, immortal... any sort of death/black metal would be great!

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Was going to Graspop again this year but the lineup for that s ardly great either all told. Hellfest looks ike the best lineup this year.

That said, whils the Wacken lineup is not great theres still some good stuff there and if only they'd add some decent name Death metal bands, 2 would be all that it would take, I'd be happy enough.

The Shadow

13 Apr. 2009
You sir, are the reason why this year sucks. Slipknot belongs in a festival like this if shit bands like BmtH and BmfV and callejon are all here. They are all the same, metalcore garbage.

I personally am not very happy with this lineup, but it could be worse if people like this got it their way. I know the festival will still be fun..

I would love for more extreme bands to come, but slipknot is NOT extreme. Emperor, Aeternus, darkthrone, immortal... any sort of death/black metal would be great!

Man, i only said slipknot because they were mentioned before. i myself want to see immortal, emperor, bloodbath, meshuggah, gojira etc.

Bikerin666

12 Aug. 2008
Seesen /Harz
You are officially an idiot. Are you seriously sitting here bitching because Running Wild (a band that has been respected throughout the metal community for 30 fucking years now. Btw, whether your Rammstein-loving friends have heard of them or not is about as relevant as a Bullet for my valentine or Britney Spears fan not knowing who they are...ie. fucking irrelevant) was chosen over Rammstein who are by no means even a metal band? This may come as a "shock" to you, but RW has been one of the more respected German heavy metal bands over the years and to actually be able to see them in their last show before they call it quits is fucking awesome as far as myself and many others are concerned. To act like they are "nobodies" is just plain ignorant. Go ahead and dislike Running Wild all you want, just don't be so fucking clueless about it. I'd sure as hell be happy if they added more extreme bands as that is more my cup of tea, but RW is still a great band and its idiotic to ignore the significance of their presence at Wacken for their last gig ever.

While Manowar would obviously have a legitimate place at Wacken's anniversary I don't see how they are somehow inherently superior to RW. Why, because they are more well known outside the metal community? As for AC/DC and Rammstein neither of these bands are metal bands, neither of them have anything to do with Wacken.

APPLAUS for this statement!!!!! completely agree!!!!

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
I wonder if nearly everbody here is just Death-Metaller...? Me, I'd rather like some really extreme Black Metal (Yeah, i LOVE Endstille! And I can't wait for them to publish the new record!) and European Thrash...and some Goethenburg-Death. But everybody is just talking of Death?:D

...oh wait. And fuckin Slipknot.

FUCK OF WITH THIS INDUSTRIAL BULLSHIT!

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
I wonder if nearly everbody here is just Death-Metaller...? Me, I'd rather like some really extreme Black Metal (Yeah, i LOVE Endstille! And I can't wait for them to publish the new record!) and European Thrash...and some Goethenburg-Death. But everybody is just talking of Death?:D

...oh wait. And fuckin Slipknot.

FUCK OF WITH THIS INDUSTRIAL BULLSHIT!

Huh? Who is just talking about death metal? From what I've read those calling for more extreme bands are calling for more of black metal, death metal, and thrash metal (ie. all three)... Have read quite a few people asking for more black metal specifically actually.

Myself, I'm just not a fan of Endstille and never understood why everyone seems to like them so much/what's so special about them. *shrug*

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
Huh? Who is just talking about death metal? From what I've read those calling for more extreme bands are calling for more of black metal, death metal, and thrash metal (ie. all three)... Have read quite a few people asking for more black metal specifically actually.

Myself, I'm just not a fan of Endstille and never understood why everyone seems to like them so much/what's so special about them. *shrug*

What's so special about them? I'll tell you: Their view of the modern world is sadistic, depressive and therefore different from most of the people today. They combine it with the most extreme music I've ever heard (I'm fucking looking forward to all the guys calling 'xxx is harder!'...)....this band is the paragon of being different - in my opinion.
As I said...fucking looking forward to all the guys with different opinion.

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
What's so special about them? I'll tell you: Their view of the modern world is sadistic, depressive and therefore different from most of the people today.

Perhaps by most people today, but I'd say within the black metal spectrum they are simply generic.

They combine it with the most extreme music I've ever heard (I'm fucking looking forward to all the guys calling 'xxx is harder!'...)....this band is the paragon of being different - in my opinion.
As I said...fucking looking forward to all the guys with different opinion.

Not going to sit here and have a "blah blah is more extreme" contest. Doesn't interest me. I just don't get what makes them stand out from the millions of other black metal bands that are exactly like them both lyrically and musically, many even doing it far better.

Oh well, I guess just yet another phenomenon I will likely never understand:p

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
Perhaps by most people today, but I'd say within the black metal spectrum they are simply generic.

Yeah, somehow they are. But if you compare it to most of the other BM-Bands you will recognize, they are a lil bit harder and faster. And somehow...more sadistic. But this is just my impression. And this is of course subjective...I love them and can identify with Iblis very well.

Not going to sit here and have a "blah blah is more extreme" contest. Doesn't interest me. I just don't get what makes them stand out from the millions of other black metal bands that are exactly like them both lyrically and musically, many even doing it far better.

Oh well, I guess just yet another phenomenon I will likely never understand:p

Wenn I mentioned those guys I didn't want to offend you - you were'nt ment.
Well, "doing something better" is always subjective. And I don't have the feeling that they somehow stand out...? Haven't heard of soooo much people listening to knew...quite the opposite: I always was like "why does nobody like them?"

Anyway, I can't wait until the new album comes out and especially for their gig in Wacken!

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
You're joking, right?

QUOTE]

I surely prefare Slipknot rather that Running Wild or Heaven an Hell or UFO or Saxon or Doro. What's next? Accept, Angelwitch and Warlock?

OK Slipknot??? Give me a break! How old are you, 15? Running Wild, Heaven and Hell, UFO and Saxon are THE best reasons to go to WOA this year. I wont be there due to financial limitations, but if Accept were to be added as well, I'd probably go to drastic measures to be there! From the posts I've been reading, it seems there's a lot of wet behind the ears wannabe posers complaining here. Grow up and learn a little about metal before you come here and complain.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Just thank you!

Absolutely sign! Most of the so called "fans" doesn't really know, what the 20th anniversary is about. In my oppinion, the billing is right now everything what it should be, only some extreme bands are missing, but that shouldn't be such a big problem for the organisators.

Well said! agreed!

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
You are officially an idiot. Are you seriously sitting here bitching because Running Wild (a band that has been respected throughout the metal community for 30 fucking years now. Btw, whether your Rammstein-loving friends have heard of them or not is about as relevant as a Bullet for my valentine or Britney Spears fan not knowing who they are...ie. fucking irrelevant) was chosen over Rammstein who are by no means even a metal band? This may come as a "shock" to you, but RW has been one of the more respected German heavy metal bands over the years and to actually be able to see them in their last show before they call it quits is fucking awesome as far as myself and many others are concerned. To act like they are "nobodies" is just plain ignorant. Go ahead and dislike Running Wild all you want, just don't be so fucking clueless about it. I'd sure as hell be happy if they added more extreme bands as that is more my cup of tea, but RW is still a great band and its idiotic to ignore the significance of their presence at Wacken for their last gig ever.

While Manowar would obviously have a legitimate place at Wacken's anniversary I don't see how they are somehow inherently superior to RW. Why, because they are more well known outside the metal community? As for AC/DC and Rammstein neither of these bands are metal bands, neither of them have anything to do with Wacken.

Very well put!