Wacken vs Summer Breeze?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ThorsteinnK

2 Feb. 2005
Reykjavik, Iceland
Wacken and lack of band confirmations

I've always kinda compared Summer Breeze with Wacken, kinda being sister-festivals, as the selection of bands has often been similar, if not with the same bands, then with bands of same caliber and range. Now, Summer Breeze will take place 2 weeks after Wacken, BUT they have confirmed now 66 bands already, but Wacken only 26! What gives?? Why do we have to wait so long for a more confirmed line-up for Wacken?

With hope of hearing about some more bands for Wacken...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

MazeOfTorment

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Sep. 2008
last year, Summerbreeze had many better bands compared with Wacken.

But I think the flair of wacken is better. You meet more people from everywhere in the world, thats the best thing on wacken...But I think Summerbreeze will also have better bands this year than wacken.

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
Which fest have the best bands depend on your taste ... But in fact summer breeze have 66 bands and Wacken 26 ... I know we should wait and see but new bands on the bill wouldn't be too much ...

ThorsteinnK

2 Feb. 2005
Reykjavik, Iceland
Well, I didn't mean to compare the festivals as far as line-up is conserned, but only meant to talk about the fact that this smaller festival, that is held later in the year than Wacken, has still confirmed almost 3 times as many bands as Wacken... 66 vs 26

BierBaron666

21 Feb. 2008
Nattheim :o
www.lastfm.de
Well, I didn't mean to compare the festivals as far as line-up is conserned, but only meant to talk about the fact that this smaller festival, that is held later in the year than Wacken, has still confirmed almost 3 times as many bands as Wacken... 66 vs 26

yes, that sucks. :D
the summer breeze billing is nearly completed.. and the sold out wacken, the biggest metal festival.. only confirmed 26 bands yet.. wtf..
but well, i already have my wacken AND my summer breeze ticket :)

Jacklalanne

1 Jan. 2009
Essen
The last Summer Breeze Billing was indeed pretty good , but I'm not that much satisfied with that years Line-Up.
Sure it is quite cheaper , but I still prefer Wacken :p.

MikeD

8 Aug. 2007
Israhell
www.facebook.com
Still I hope that wacken will book some more good bands for the 20th anniversary. Summer breeze has a very nice lineup so far. Either way, I already have tickets for both festivals and also flight tickets :)

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
yeah, if i could go to both festivals. i would LOVE to see wintersun, legion of the damned.,equilibrium and more

big plus of this fest is that is cheaper and less crowded than wacken

ThorsteinnK

2 Feb. 2005
Reykjavik, Iceland
Before every edition of Wacken for many years, people from the Wacken organisation spent some time here on the forum to answer questions from people regarding what bands they were in negotiations with and which not. They took questions where people asked if they were planing to book this or that band and gave answers accordingly. This they did up until last years Wacken I think (or it could be that they didn't do it either for Wacken 2007, I can't remember), but I was thinking if anybody knew if they plan on reinstating this fantastic behaviour.

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
yes, that sucks. :D
the summer breeze billing is nearly completed.. and the sold out wacken, the biggest metal festival.. only confirmed 26 bands yet.. wtf..
but well, i already have my wacken AND my summer breeze ticket :)

They're propably having a hard time getting bands to sign their contracts. It's not that simple. The W:O:A organisation cannot simply ask a band and they will all be happy and sign. There'll be much debate about saleries and about on which stage, what time and how long the bands will be playing, logistic questions and so on. It's not as fun as it looks, it's business. It's usually much harder for a festival to get bands, than it is for a band to get a slot on a festival, provided the band is not completely unknown.

ThorsteinnK

2 Feb. 2005
Reykjavik, Iceland
They're propably having a hard time getting bands to sign their contracts. It's not that simple. The W:O:A organisation cannot simply ask a band and they will all be happy and sign. There'll be much debate about saleries and about on which stage, what time and how long the bands will be playing, logistic questions and so on. It's not as fun as it looks, it's business. It's usually much harder for a festival to get bands, than it is for a band to get a slot on a festival, provided the band is not completely unknown.

I can pretty much imagine how all this is done, but the fact remains that so are things with other festivals, including Summer Breeze, AND last year Wacken had confirmed a lot more bands at this time.

Then again, there have been a few band confirmations in the last few days, so I'm getting my smile back :)

Go Wacken!