Where to Camp

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

raging fear

28 Juni 2008
So where bouts is the best place to set up camp? Is it good to get in the camping only area cus its near the festival site? or is it better to get in the park/camping areas?

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
all over

They're ALL good!

I like to camp somewhat close to the pay toilets (Just because I'm a girl, and beer makes me pee a lot), but not TOO close.

Everyone pees on the fences, so I learned the hard way, NOT to put my tent too close to any of those.

The area close to the festival (sort of around the little patch of woods), is convenient to the show, BUT can get mega dusty after the first day or so (when all the grass is worn away) if it's dry and the wind is blowing just a little.

If you want ANY chance at a moment of relative quiet, ever, over the entire weekend, you'll need to camp in the walk in only area (which is also fairly convenient to the festival, but since no one has generators and such, is quieter.)

Don't camp in (or too close to) the camping and safety vehicle paths. That's just dumb.

Justaguy

13 Juni 2008
How long before the festival you think I should get to the camp site so I could catch a good spot in campsite B? 2-3 days before the festival is good enough?

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
Wednesday

The camp area officially opens on Wednesday morning.
(people who get there earlier may be restricted to other areas)

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The camp area officially opens on Wednesday morning.
(people who get there earlier may be restricted to other areas)

Ah, good news :) My German friend has arranged for 2 nights in the Etap hotel (rather than 1), and I was concerned I might miss too much fun by showing up on the 30th instead of 29th.

I will just miss some tents and stuff being shuffled around! I can handle that :D

Mindfucked

17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
So what campsite is usually the best for insane partying? :D

Me and some friends are arriving wednesday morning / noon and we are gonna set up camp, get our safety boxes, get our passes and go to town and buy ove 9000 bottles of beer! :D