Neue Band bestätigt - Avenged Sevenfold

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

FromTheToedden

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Mai 2007
Wald von Dunwyn
i would like to know what our german fellows think about this..

Ohhh the german thread is also a longer one ;) I've the feeling that in the internation forum the posts are more drastic(?).

For me it is not such a huge problem. There are enough other bands i want to see. But i've only 350 kilometers to wacken, that's not a very great journey ;)

I was the first time 2003 there and there were also bands i didn't liked. It's the nearest festival for me. Maybe people from bavaria (south germany) see it different.

alexhaskett

28 März 2008
www.myspace.com
this is unbelievably gay to be honest...

such a trully aweful band who shouldnt be playing wacken.

in 5 yrs the festival might aswell be called Download Festival Germany

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Because of that i explained my journey to wacken. It's much much shorter for me, than for you. And much much cheaper. Every year i wonder from were all the people come. Under that circumstances should a festival be nearly perfect, that's true.

see my journey: 2 planes(6 hours) than bus to trainstation(half an hour) than train (more or less 1 hour) than bus to wacken!!! :mad::rolleyes:

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
Come one guys! They've already sold all their tickets so they could put Britney Spears on for all they care.

They might as well. One non-metal band is as good as another. For me, there is absolutely no substantive difference between Britney Spears and Avenged Sevenfold.

I must admit, I'm stunned at the choice to add Avenged Sevenfold after Wacken has sold out. Perhaps it really is a deliberate insult to all of the metal heads who have bought their tickets. I'd have thought that the point of adding a pop-rock band like this is to appeal to teenagers and people who would normally be scared of the bands at Wacken.

But the tickets have already gone. Are they really banking on a big crowd of people who don't actually like metal at Wacken? Sure there will be some who've come to see Killswitch, but I doubt there is much hope of die hard AS fans being there.

Realistically though, I think that this highlights one thing which has been a running theme on my commentary of Wacken bookings over the last couple of years. Most of these guys do not have a fucking clue about metal anymore.

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
Damn, what can you say about that?

If you ask me (and you probably won't) there are more trend/core/non-metal bands than metal bands at Wacken this year. At least there is one thing, when I come to sell my ticket on ebay I can gouge the fuck out of the cock-loving faggots trying to get a ticket to this shit-fest.

pharoah

7 Feb. 2007
England
cant believe it >< woulda thought they learned last year that you cant put lame bands on the lineup. whoever it was earlier that said kalmah, god yeah id love to see them on the lineup! wintersun have made good progress on 'time' the new album, would make sense for them to play at the festival? they were awesome 2 years ago