FUCK OFF Job for A Cowboy!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
The abundance in metalcore bands this year is quite worrying. My thoughts on the following bands:

Hatebreed: Saw them at Leeds Fest 3 years ago, good band, not fussed about seeing them again

As I Lay Dying: Saw them last September, very tedious to watch

Job For A Cowboy: Most boring death metal band I've ever seen

Unearth: One of few metalcore bands I really like, will be checking these guys out

Killswitch Engage: Don't do a lot for me. I like the songs they've released as singles but everything else on their albums are just fillers, might be seeing them

Bullet For My Valentine: Fucking despise them, and their new material is a fucking joke. They say their influences are the likes of Maiden, Slayer, Metallica etc. and their songs are so fucking emo! They need to stay the fuck out.

I keep hearing people say if we don't like them, don't see them. But if I end up camping close to the festiavl grounds, I'll still be able to hear them!

Drink yourself to death then. Once you succeeded, you won't hear 'em either. Trust me!

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
OK here's my take on all this fuss, I to want more true metal, thrash metal, power metal, black metal, prog metal, death metal, and mainly metal/ bands that you don't normally get to see at other times on this year's billing. I am not thrilled to see more Metalcore bands being added in place of other bands. However, with that being said, I do not think that all of these bands are that bad. I did see Hatebreed live once, did not expect much and to my suprise they were more Metal than I expected and pretty good (haircuts aside). Job For a cowboy are more Death than Metalcore and YES I do know what I am talking about. Their CD is not bad, I should know, I recently bought it. So what if some of them have short hair. If you say they are not more death than metalcore then you need to take your head out of your ass and open your ears. Want to call me a poser, go ahead I don't give a shit. I have been listening to metal for more than 30 years, Own over 2000 CDs and over 600 LPs, all metal genres included (minus Nu-Metal). The trendy thing to do is bash another fans music/bands. Don't like it good, don't listen to it. I like bands crossing all METAL genres, glam to Black, including a few Metalcore bands. Yes there are now 3 Metalcore bands on the billing, one Hardcore band (Hatebreed), and one new Death Metalcore band (JFAC). That makes 5 out of about 60+ total, I would hardly call that a large percentage. I personally don't care for As I Lay Dying, I have seen them live, boring I felt, but hey to each his own. As for the people who worry about the shift in the billing for later years, this Metalcore thing will lose it's popularity soon, the new oldschool style Thrash movement is taking off now, I bet those bands will be getting more billing slots in future years, along with a few Metalcore bands. In closing I'll say this, go to the festival, enjoy the music, the atmosphere, the beer and just have fun.

P.S. No this will not be my 1st Wacken Open Air.

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
One more thing. Personally for my taste, I am much more disappointed about Dream of an Opium Eater, Girugamesh, Psychopunch, The Bones and Van Canto, than any of the Metalcore bands.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
OK here's my take on all this fuss, I to want more true metal, thrash metal, power metal, black metal, prog metal, death metal, and mainly metal/ bands that you don't normally get to see at other times on this year's billing. I am not thrilled to see more Metalcore bands being added in place of other bands. However, with that being said, I do not think that all of these bands are that bad. I did see Hatebreed live once, did not expect much and to my suprise they were more Metal than I expected and pretty good (haircuts aside). Job For a cowboy are more Death than Metalcore and YES I do know what I am talking about. Their CD is not bad, I should know, I recently bought it. So what if some of them have short hair. If you say they are not more death than metalcore then you need to take your head out of your ass and open your ears. Want to call me a poser, go ahead I don't give a shit. I have been listening to metal for more than 30 years, Own over 2000 CDs and over 600 LPs, all metal genres included (minus Nu-Metal). The trendy thing to do is bash another fans music/bands. Don't like it good, don't listen to it. I like bands crossing all METAL genres, glam to Black, including a few Metalcore bands. Yes there are now 3 Metalcore bands on the billing, one Hardcore band (Hatebreed), and one new Death Metalcore band (JFAC). That makes 5 out of about 60+ total, I would hardly call that a large percentage. I personally don't care for As I Lay Dying, I have seen them live, boring I felt, but hey to each his own. As for the people who worry about the shift in the billing for later years, this Metalcore thing will lose it's popularity soon, the new oldschool style Thrash movement is taking off now, I bet those bands will be getting more billing slots in future years, along with a few Metalcore bands. In closing I'll say this, go to the festival, enjoy the music, the atmosphere, the beer and just have fun.

Bravo!!!

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal

man!!! priceless post!!! :D 5 stars!!

WhiskeyFist666

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles

You said it dude. Just balance off the crappy bands with an insane amount of beer!!!!!:D

mental_mercury

18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen

Word!

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
The abundance in metalcore bands this year is quite worrying. My thoughts on the following bands:

Hatebreed: Saw them at Leeds Fest 3 years ago, good band, not fussed about seeing them again

As I Lay Dying: Saw them last September, very tedious to watch

Job For A Cowboy: Most boring death metal band I've ever seen

Unearth: One of few metalcore bands I really like, will be checking these guys out

Killswitch Engage: Don't do a lot for me. I like the songs they've released as singles but everything else on their albums are just fillers, might be seeing them

Bullet For My Valentine: Fucking despise them, and their new material is a fucking joke. They say their influences are the likes of Maiden, Slayer, Metallica etc. and their songs are so fucking emo! They need to stay the fuck out.

I keep hearing people say if we don't like them, don't see them. But if I end up camping close to the festiavl grounds, I'll still be able to hear them!

Use earplugs. I've survived hearing Jutta Weinhold, Böhse Onkelz and Nightwish, so you might also survive hearing any other bands you dislike. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Job For a cowboy are more Death than Metalcore and YES I do know what I am talking about. Their CD is not bad, I should know, I recently bought it. So what if some of them have short hair.

They might be more death than core, but they're still pretenders, and as such, not metal. I know its not the case with all people, but artistic integrity counts for a lot in the music I listen to. Bandwagon jumping deathcore poseurs don't carry much weight with me, even if they managed to copy death metal reasonably well (which they didn't).

I know a lot of people on this forum suggest 'if you don't like it, then don't watch it' attitude. Technically, this is what I'll be doing, since I will not be going to Wacken at all this year, because I'd rather go to a festival which is all about metal. I don't even want to be vaguely associated with these bands or their scene.

WhiskeyFist666

31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
At least it's music that is of a Rock genre, and not Hip Hop or Monkey shit!!!!
More crappy bands equals more beer drinking!!! And I love beer drinking. :D

Mindfucked

17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden

Well said!

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
These bands ruin shows in the United Sates for metal fans already. They get thrown on otherwise good tours with true metal bands and attract all their fan boys and just completely bring down the experience of a good metal show. People spend a lot of money to make the trip to Wacken so they can finally see the kind of metal show the US (In my case) can't offer, and now what? The same bands we had to sit through as they grew bigger and bigger in our own country make the trip to Europe with us to ruin it there as well? If the Europeans want to see these bands, Wacken isn't the place. They're not metal and don't belong there. All Wacken is doing is giving people from outside of Europe less of a reason to drop thousands of dollars to make the trip over there.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
These bands ruin shows in the United Sates for metal fans already. They get thrown on otherwise good tours with true metal bands and attract all their fan boys and just completely bring down the experience of a good metal show. People spend a lot of money to make the trip to Wacken so they can finally see the kind of metal show the US (In my case) can't offer, and now what? The same bands we had to sit through as they grew bigger and bigger in our own country make the trip to Europe with us to ruin it there as well? If the Europeans want to see these bands, Wacken isn't the place. They're not metal and don't belong there. All Wacken is doing is giving people from outside of Europe less of a reason to drop thousands of dollars to make the trip over there.

If you don't want to go, stay home.

Nobody is forcing you to make this trip.

And I sometimes have the feeling "we" Europeans have our feet more on the ground.
This is not an insult. It's just how we see things here.

But I recommend you read 808Metal's posting first.