Get the metalcore OFF the bill!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Meh.

Hopefully some decent bands will be announced soon to redress the balance somewhat.

The lineup at the moment despite some fantastic bands has an awful lot of mediocre rubbish on it. Medicore rubbish I can see play a big festival up the road from me.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
Not particularly, but it lets people know that we are against this kind of thing. You may be happy with these bands but I'm sure there are a lot of people who aren't.

This isn't simply a case of "Oh, I don't like that band so I'm going to moan" I don't really like some of the bands there, (I don't like Opeth's newest stuff for instance, I hate Nightwish too, but I recognise their right to be there) but I don't moan about them, what I complain about is that these bands are just part of a trend, a fashion that has come about on myspace, "Metal"-core and "Death"-core have no place in the world of real metal. That is the reason I am complaining.

so you are saying in you first sentence you know it wont be of any use. These bands are booked already, they are not gonna say: "ow wait, there is an internet petition against these bands, lets cancel them"

and then, despite the fact you know it has no use, you are gonna complain about those bands anyway

Wacken Open Air is a commercial festival, they book bands of which they know they are gonna attract a lot of people.

Like I said in the other topic, sell your friggin ticket and go to a different festival! I do not see the problem

Mindfucked

17 Aug. 2007
Stockholm, Sweden
Metalcore sucks indeed! I hate it!

This petition won't really make them cancel any of this shitty trendbands but if there is a big enough rage against this shitstorm of metalcorebands that is infecting OUR wacken, maybe they will refrain from booking anymore of them or avoid booking any crap bands at all next year.

Wacken is for METAL ONLY!

For everything else, there is ozzfest, download, roskilde or what the fuck!

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
so you are saying in you first sentence you know it wont be of any use. These bands are booked already, they are not gonna say: "ow wait, there is an internet petition against these bands, lets cancel them"

and then, despite the fact you know it has no use, you are gonna complain about those bands anyway

Wacken Open Air is a commercial festival, they book bands of which they know they are gonna attract a lot of people.

Like I said in the other topic, sell your friggin ticket and go to a different festival! I do not see the problem

Definition of the word Forum : A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

I can say what I like, I don't expect them to cancel any bands but I can sure as hell complain as much as I want.

Ærnesto

29 Jan. 2008
São Caetano do Sul - SP, Brasil
Definition of the word Forum : A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

I can say what I like, I don't expect them to cancel any bands but I can sure as hell complain as much as I want.

I agree with you!
It's the first time I'm going to WOA, and I was expecting only metal bands on the billing, now they call those mallcore bands...:mad: