• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

dishayu

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
That'd be something for some of you! :ugly::ugly:
WANTED: INTERNATIONAL FANS FOR OFFICIAL WACKEN OPEN AIR VIDEO!

Wacken Open Air 2017 visitors watch out!

We're looking for some international W:O:A visitors that want to film their trips to Wacken with a smartphone, action cam or camcorder.

Have you ever dreamed of appearing in an official Wacken Open Air video? This is your chance!

If you want to take it, write us an email to trailer-casting@wacken.com.

You need to send us two things:
1. Some lines to tell us, from what place you're going to start your journey to Wacken.
2. A picture of you in front of a landmark or landscape that is typical for your home country or region.

Thanks a lot and see you in Wacken!
Your W:O:A-Team

http://www.wacken.com/en/news/news/...onal-fans-for-official-wacken-open-air-video/

Heh, last year, hamburg.com got hold of me for their Wacken video. Maybe this year I should try getting into the official wacken video :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Thanks I'll take a look on ebay if it looks legit, if not I should be able to find that when I'll get in Hamburg
And make sure it's not O2! That's one of the worst providers! Unlike in America, you cannot be roaming in your "own" country! Take either T Mobile (D1) or Vodafone (D2)! I don't know about E-Plus, but to my knowledge, these 2 are the best!

dishayu

12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
Maybe yes :p

Not sure how it would work, I get a sim card so a phone number I guess? And how do they charge me ?

Probably a prepaid thingy?

I would guess that too but if it's the case I didn't know we could have internet on a prepaid phone. I don't think I ever had a prepaid before :p

But why do you need internet? :eek: And I'd guess you can't have internet on prepaid. Maybe.

If I want a way of communication with some of you through the forum, unless I get phone numbers to be able to text message instead

I think this is where I should pitch in.

Unless your phone is carrier locked (or CDMA), you can buy a GSM sim card with mobile data on it (you can send/receive normal SMS/Calls too). I got a Lebara sim last year for 20 Euros at Hamburg airport, which came with 2 gigs of data (30 day validity). One of my German friends said that I could have spent half of that if I bought a simcard at stores called "Aldi", but I haven't had a chance to verify this yet.

The WiFi areas at Wacken are extremely congested, but they're definitely good enough for text based apps (Whatsapp/Viber etc) with some patience.

dishayu

12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
Yeah that's true. Sometimes I've had difficulties getting a text through so I can imagine how the internet is. o.o
It was actually surprisingly good for me. One of my friends, who's a massive fan of Immolation literally begged me to stream it for him and he could just about watch it live with some stuttering. Audio stream was reportedly without issues.

StrungOut84

9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
I think this is where I should pitch in.

Unless your phone is carrier locked (or CDMA), you can buy a GSM sim card with mobile data on it (you can send/receive normal SMS/Calls too). I got a Lebara sim last year for 20 Euros at Hamburg airport, which came with 2 gigs of data (30 day validity). One of my German friends said that I could have spent half of that if I bought a simcard at stores called "Aldi", but I haven't had a chance to verify this yet.

The WiFi areas at Wacken are extremely congested, but they're definitely good enough for text based apps (Whatsapp/Viber etc) with some patience.

Thank you for pitching in, it is some very useful informations I'll write that down :)