The thread for old campers, but also new campers! What to take to Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I don't want to check any luggage. I will probably fly with Lufthansa and their carry on baggage restriction are 55 x 40 x 23 cm and 8kg. I hope it will be enough. At least, I don't have a tent/chair with me.

I should be good with a sleeping bag, underwear and a box of baby wipes, right ?? :ugly::ugly::ugly:

Don't know. Depends on what you want to do before /after the festival. I reckon you need spare clothes as well. And a place to wash your clothes. :D

dishayu

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
- AUDITIVE PROTECTIONS : to fight against the dB or simply get a good night sleep.
Might not be needed. The Wacken Bag had foam earplugs in 2015 and it's a part of the 2016 bag as well.

I can strongly advocate bringing a fat power bank instead of an AC charger. The charging stations are far, few and always super crowded.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Might not be needed. The Wacken Bag had foam earplugs in 2015 and it's a part of the 2016 bag as well.

I can strongly advocate bringing a fat power bank instead of an AC charger. The charging stations are far, few and always super crowded.

Those are standard ear plugs. Some prefer their personalised ear plugs.

I thought I mentioned a portfolio battery. The one that makes it possible to charge your battery of your cell phone, and, if needed, can get your car started! If not, I'll add it later.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
I totally missed this post for unknown reasons.

I dont use a backpack because we go by car. But i guess alix can tell which backpack she uses.

Didn't even see these posts until now :ugly: Checked luggage is included (up to a certain weight) for major airlines. Ultra budget ones like Ryan Air charge a small fee for checked luggage up to 20kg. I pack everything (except a chair, can't find a bag big enough to fit one) and it comes it at 17 - 18kg. Also by everything, I mean I pack for 1 - 2 months doing a combination of camping, hotels, going nice places, taking gifts to family members, etc.

I was pretty lucky when I bought my last luggage bag. It came with wheels, a retractable handle and back straps. Perfect for when I had to cross camping grounds after a decent downpour.

WhereverIMayPost

6 Apr. 2012
Konstanz
I don't want to check any luggage. I will probably fly with Lufthansa and their carry on baggage restriction are 55 x 40 x 23 cm and 8kg. I hope it will be enough. At least, I don't have a tent/chair with me.

I should be good with a sleeping bag, underwear and a box of baby wipes, right ?? :ugly::ugly::ugly:

From my experience Lufthansa is one of the best company when it comes to luggage tolerance. You can have a big bagpack and a small bag for your papers/phone/magazine/baby wipes ;) They never weighed my hand luggage (on the contrary of their daughter company Germanwings) and never bothered me.

If you happen to realize at the airport that you're way too heavy, simply buy something in a shop, get a plastic bag and fill it with stuff, keep it under the countor when you check-in and it should be ok :cool:

Darkfang

From my experience Lufthansa is one of the best company when it comes to luggage tolerance. You can have a big bagpack and a small bag for your papers/phone/magazine/baby wipes ;) They never weighed my hand luggage (on the contrary of their daughter company Germanwings) and never bothered me.

If you happen to realize at the airport that you're way too heavy, simply buy something in a shop, get a plastic bag and fill it with stuff, keep it under the countor when you check-in and it should be ok :cool:

Cool! thanks for the info.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I have taken the plane once, and my luggage couldn't be more than 20kg. (except hand luggage) That was 12 years ago, I agree, but it was a KLM flight Amsterdam-Toronto. And I had no problems putting stuff from my luggage into my hand luggage either. As long as you don't take more than 2 pieces of luggage! (including hand luggage) Otherwise it was like €45 (US$ 50) extra per extra bag! (and with the same total weight!) LooseCannon had to pay that, the last time he came from Baltimore to Brussels (United Airlines), as he took 3 pieces of luggage.

All are PER PERSON of course.

TheToecutter

24 Jan. 2017
Wasn't sure whether to take wellies or not to save a bit of space in my bag. Is it possible to buy them at the festival if the worst happens and it rains all weekend :(

TheToecutter

24 Jan. 2017
Haha aye sorry, kind it thought after I posted that people might not have a clue what wellies are!

Hmm in that case I'll maybe just take them if the weather forecast is bad. I was at download festival last year and it rained all weekend. Without wellies it would have been impossible to do anything.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
You can buy them from the village, the camping shop. It's called obi or whatever. And I'm sure they will not be sold out immediately. Also you could buy some from the shops in the metal market.