The David Lynch Discussion-Thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Originally posted by Metalsulm
Got special Feelings about that series..

Cos i saw it at a special time, when i was unemployed.... i always saw it at night..when i was alone....these dream-sequences scared me somehow...but it was more than only scaring...a kind of a thrill...

i just couldn´t wait to see the next episode...

...sometimes it was so unreal...just like i felt at that time...

Yeah I know what you mean.... It's not like it scares you because some cheese trick... it's like it haunts you because of evilness and beauty as mono already said... Sometimes I feel that unreal state in life too :)

There's a DVD edition of the first Twin Peaks Season out, maybe you can search it out if you're interested

Metalsulm

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Rosk
Yeah I know what you mean.... It's not like it scares you because some cheese trick... it's like it haunts you because of evilness and beauty as mono already said... Sometimes I feel that unreal state in life too :)

There's a DVD edition of the first Twin Peaks Season out, maybe you can search it out if you're interested

That´s a good idea....i really wanna find out if it still touches my emotions so deep...

I saw the Movie...a few years later...and i was a little dissapointed...

Lost Highway.....Wasn´t that the Movie with the Rammstein-Soundtrack?

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
That´s a good idea....i really wanna find out if it still touches my emotions so deep...

I saw the Movie...a few years later...and i was a little dissapointed...

Lost Highway.....Wasn´t that the Movie with the Rammstein-Soundtrack?

Yup it had Rammstein, Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor... and the movie is simply mindblowing!!!! You should check it out, mono and I recommend it :D:D

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Yup it had Rammstein, Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor... and the movie is simply mindblowing!!!! You should check it out, mono and I recommend it :D:D

i saw it once on TV.....and i was impressed...but i think you have to watch it more often to really understand the story...or just watch it in a cinema..and be surrounded by the pictures and the sound...

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
i saw it once on TV.....and i was impressed...but i think you have to watch it more often to really understand the story...or just watch it in a cinema..and be surrounded by the pictures and the sound...

Watching in the cinema is GREAT!!!! But as you say, you also have to watch it a few times to begin to understand it... I've seen it a dozen times and I still don't get it ;) :D:D:D:D

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Watching in the cinema is GREAT!!!! But as you say, you also have to watch it a few times to begin to understand it... I've seen it a dozen times and I still don't get it ;) :D:D:D:D

Yeah.....But it didn´t excite me that much, like Twin Peaks did....

But maybe..when i watch it again...

Hmm....evil and beautiness...that´s well said....

I´m afraid i have to go to bed now...

r u working, right now?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Yeah.....But it didn´t excite me that much, like Twin Peaks did....

But maybe..when i watch it again...

Hmm....evil and beautyness...that´s well said....

I´m afraid i have to go to bed now...

r u working, right now?

Yup, I'm at work right now, it's 3:10PM on this side of the world :)

It's been a quiet work day... that's why I'm posting too much ;) (well and maybe because of this interesting thread too ;))

Good night and have a good sleep Sulmi, nice to see you around here..... post here often :)

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Yup, I'm at work right now, it's 3:10PM on this side of the world :)

It's been a quiet work day... that's why I'm posting too much ;) (well and maybe because of this interesting thread too ;))

Good night and have a good sleep Sulmi, nice to see you around here..... post here often :)

Good Night, Rosk

Nice to see you , too..:)

I´ll do my very best;)

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
You should check it out, mono and I recommend it :D:D
not only mono and Rosk, also the Horb man recommends it ;)

and I would also recommend Eraserhead, which is a REALLY weird movie... yet very interesting done I would say....

on the other hand, I can't recommend Mulholland Drive. didn't like that movie... espcially from the part on where the two girls get it on, I thought that was pretty stupid and useless for a Lynch movie...

also, I never saw Twin Peeks. Neither the series on TV, nor the movie.. so I can't say anything about that ;)

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
The mighty Horb is back!!!!

I guess we agree on the Lost Highway and Eraserhead part, but not on the Mulholland Drive one. We might need to solve our differences while discussing them with some beers ;):D:D:D

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Lord Horb
not only mono and Rosk, also the Horb man recommends it ;)

and I would also recommend Eraserhead, which is a REALLY weird movie... yet very interesting done I would say....

on the other hand, I can't recommend Mulholland Drive. didn't like that movie... espcially from the part on where the two girls get it on, I thought that was pretty stupid and useless for a Lynch movie...

also, I never saw Twin Peeks. Neither the series on TV, nor the movie.. so I can't say anything about that ;)

Allright...I´ll have a look for Eraserhead as well..

So we could continue discussing!:D:D

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Lord Horb

I'm interested - what didn't you like about the girls getting it on? I thought it was lovely (Very unusual, that is). Well.

Definitely go and look at the Twin Peaks series. It is something very unique, like the Sandman-Comics by Neil Gaiman. A world of its own, where evil is just so....well, evil. Killer Bob is a nightmare invention.

Lord Horb

25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by monochrom
I'm interested - what didn't you like about the girls getting it on? I thought it was lovely (Very unusual, that is). Well.

Definitely go and look at the Twin Peaks series. It is something very unique, like the Sandman-Comics by Neil Gaiman. A world of its own, where evil is just so....well, evil. Killer Bob is a nightmare invention.
I dunno, the lesbian scene seemed really cheap and as if it was supposed to give the movie a modern touch or something like that... I dunno. I just thought that it was stupid to use it in the movie.... maybe I just need to watch the movie more often...

well, I'll try to check out the Twin Peaks stuff... hmm but where when and how??

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
There should be video libraries in Northrhine-Westphalia - here in Hamburg I can get it easily. Also, I think there is a DVD edition out now, and I'm interested. I'd lend it to you (after watching it including every damn interview, that is), of course.

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Originally posted by monochrom
There should be video libraries in Northrhine-Westphalia - here in Hamburg I can get it easily. Also, I think there is a DVD edition out now, and I'm interested. I'd lend it to you (after watching it including every damn interview, that is), of course.

The DVD edition of of Twin Peak's first season is really cool, because it has just 2 episodes per disc on discs 1 thru 3. It gives plenty of space for bonus stufflike an audio commentary from the director of each episode, the Log lady Intros, and othe goodies.

Disc four has episode 7 and special features such as: and Interviews with Mark Frost,a nifty section where the midget teaches you how to speak at the Red Room, and a kind of Directory where you can find all the characters and their relationships between each other. You can spend lots of time watching this stuff......

Wow... sounds like I will receive some kind of paymet for promoting this :rolleyes: