Stupid people part 2

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
:)

Just as a proof that "idiots come from all countries, in all sizes and colors": here is a [roughly translated] part of a conversation from a Russian message board that I used to be a part of a year back or so... don't remember the actual nicks, so will define the participants as just "woman", "man" and "me":

Woman: I keep on getting these e-mail offers to install a mailing client. After I do so, my computer stops working normally :(

Man: What exactly are the problems like?

Woman: [here be some technical stuff which I can't be bothered to translate, something about machine rebooting itself]

Me: I bet that these offers that you get are NOT from someone you know ;)

Woman: yes, these are advertisements.

Me: :eek: Do you at least have an antivirus?

Man: An antivirus is not a panacea. Any download is potentially dangerous, even if you get a link from a friend. Like taking candy from strangers, you know the rest.

Me: Not exactly candy; it's like receiving a pretty package, which may contain anything - candies, dog shit or explosives - from someone you don't know. Why in Hell would you open this stuff?

Man: Well, people do feel "safe" when sitting at their computers ;)

[now, before you read further, make sure you sit down]. - this was the top of it all:

the woman who started the thread, said, that her religious beliefs encourage trust in ALL people. That simple.

I really had no comments on this one. :confused:

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Huldran schrieb:
:)

Just as a proof that "idiots come from all countries, in all sizes and colors": here is a [roughly translated] part of a conversation from a Russian message board that I used to be a part of a year back or so... don't remember the actual nicks, so will define the participants as just "woman", "man" and "me":

Woman: I keep on getting these e-mail offers to install a mailing client. After I do so, my computer stops working normally :(

Man: What exactly are the problems like?

Woman: [here be some technical stuff which I can't be bothered to translate, something about machine rebooting itself]

Me: I bet that these offers that you get are NOT from someone you know ;)

Woman: yes, these are advertisements.

Me: :eek: Do you at least have an antivirus?

Man: An antivirus is not a panacea. Any download is potentially dangerous, even if you get a link from a friend. Like taking candy from strangers, you know the rest.

Me: Not exactly candy; it's like receiving a pretty package, which may contain anything - candies, dog shit or explosives - from someone you don't know. Why in Hell would you open this stuff?

Man: Well, people do feel "safe" when sitting at their computers ;)

[now, before you read further, make sure you sit down]. - this was the top of it all:

the woman who started the thread, said, that her religious beliefs encourage trust in ALL people. That simple.

I really had no comments on this one. :confused:

LMAO!

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
here's a story from my school days...

it involves this one swedish girl in our grade who was basically as thick as fucking neutron star.

anyway, it was chemistry class, and we had been doing the whole carbon-molecule-link thing for methane blablabla

teacher (to girl): So, how many carbon molecules are in Octane? (we had done this the day before)

girl: eeeehhmmm.... I don't know...

teacher: well, does the word "oct" in the name give you a clue?

girl: eeeeehhhmmm....no?

teacher: you don't know what "oct" means?

girl: no

teacher (in kindergarten mode): alright, well how many legs does an octopus have?

girl: eeeehhmmm.... two?

teacher: an octopus has two tentacles?

girl: eeeehmmm....

friend sitting next to girl whispers: eight

girl: no... eight

teacher(with pained face): great, so how many carbon molecules are in Octane?

girl: eeehhmmmm.... I don't know....

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Zombi schrieb:
here's a story from my school days...

it involves this one swedish girl in our grade who was basically as thick as fucking neutron star.

anyway, it was chemistry class, and we had been doing the whole carbon-molecule-link thing for methane blablabla

teacher (to girl): So, how many carbon molecules are in Octane? (we had done this the day before)

girl: eeeehhmmm.... I don't know...

teacher: well, does the word "oct" in the name give you a clue?

girl: eeeeehhhmmm....no?

teacher: you don't know what "oct" means?

girl: no

teacher (in kindergarten mode): alright, well how many legs does an octopus have?

girl: eeeehhmmm.... two?

teacher: an octopus has two tentacles?

girl: eeeehmmm....

friend sitting next to girl whispers: eight

girl: no... eight

teacher(with pained face): great, so how many carbon molecules are in Octane?

girl: eeehhmmmm.... I don't know....
The typical "dom blondje" case :D

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
While I'm at it.... just wondering, if anyone here, except me, reads Dailyrotten?

Stories of human stupidity are basically a dime a dozen there... and here is the latest example (link is perfectly work-safe ;)) ...too bad that dude didn't jump in front of the traffic on a highway. He might of "killed two birds with one stone" - get his desired experience, and rid the world of another total dumbass.

DUH.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
I read The Daily Rotten. good stuff! But here another, from http://www.baltimoresun.com

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-robertson-storms,0,2891110.story
Robertson Says God Told Him About Storms

By Associated Press

May 18, 2006, 12:01 AM EDT

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- In another in a series of notable pronouncements, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says God told him storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

Robertson has made the predictions at least four times in the past two weeks on his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded.

Robertson said the revelations about this year's weather came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.
Copyright © 2006, The Associated Press

> Get news on your mobile device at www.baltimoresun.com

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
LOL @ story. :D
"When man talks to god - this is prayer, but when god talks to man - this is schizophrenia <sp?>" ....a clear case thereof, I might add. :D

Oh, and, I submitted it to DR :) ....maybe I am lucky.