question about the hotels near Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
LooseCannon schrieb:
It cost me around 100 Euro's for a Taxi ride back to the Hamburg Airport.

yepps, its just way too far...
Scotty, didn´t you have this nice wacken.us website with travelling infos? Might be helpful for this guy :)

Warthog schrieb:
Sean - about the only hotel rooms you're gonna score at this point are about a 50 min drive to the south in/around Hamburg. And when you're partying 'til 4/5 am and the bands start up again at 11 the next morning, what you don't need is to pay a cabbie to cut out 2 hours of potential recoup time.

From one American to another, I urge you - head over to REI and get yourself a damn tent, 'cause camping is the way to go! I made the mistake of getting a hotel room the first year I went (2002), and I learned what a mistake that was. About all it was good for was a hot shower. Half the fun of Wacken starts when the bands finish - partying with people from the world over, screaming your favorite metal songs at the top of your lungs, and getting into all sorts of mischief and mayhem you'll spend the rest of the year adamantly denying but fondly remembering. :)

I did enough sleeping in tent when I was in the army
:) I actually found a website to reserve hotels all over the world and there are still a few within 17km from wacken. I appreciate all the responses from everyone. I wouldn't have minded tent or hotel but my friend from hamburg told me she would prefer to be in hotel.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
tattooedsean777 schrieb:
I actually found a website to reserve hotels all over the world and there are still a few within 17km from wacken.

okay, but then reserve your hotel fast... might be fully booked pretty early...

tattooedsean777 schrieb:
I wouldn't have minded tent or hotel but my friend from hamburg told me she would prefer to be in hotel.

who is that girl? Probably I know her :D

MrHellRaiser

W:O:A Metalhead
1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
tattooedsean777 schrieb:
no spam in here, unless someone has mustard to put on it. :D

I don't drink so I party by watching others drink. I think I did enough living in tents for days with bad showers while I was in the army way back when. :D

I've had enough of my time living in the tents in the army as well, and I do drink, but I think that by staying in a hotel and not on a camping site, is still quite a big loss. I don't think that a person can actually enjoy it quite as much without staying there the whole time.

MrHellRaiser schrieb:
I've had enough of my time living in the tents in the army as well, and I do drink, but I think that by staying in a hotel and not on a camping site, is still quite a big loss. I don't think that a person can actually enjoy it quite as much without staying there the whole time.

I can see your point. I would probably miss some of you goofy people doing silly things after you have had a few too many hefe weizens :D For me, it is my first of what will be many wackens and other european metalfests and I wasn't sure about where to rent a tent as I don't want to buy one and bring it over in a plane. Plus, the girl I am with requested to be in a hotel and she is a big reason for this trip along with seeing a killer fest. :cool:

MrHellRaiser

1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
tattooedsean777 schrieb:
I can see your point. I would probably miss some of you goofy people doing silly things after you have had a few too many hefe weizens :D For me, it is my first of what will be many wackens and other european metalfests and I wasn't sure about where to rent a tent as I don't want to buy one and bring it over in a plane. Plus, the girl I am with requested to be in a hotel and she is a big reason for this trip along with seeing a killer fest. :cool:

it's not just about the goofy people. it's just well ... it's like being in a metal city. with all the kind of different amazing things. just check out the galleries on the site, you'll know what I'm talking about.
but if there's a special girl involved, than I can definatly understand you .... anyways good luck, and hopefully see u there :D

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
How could somebody stay in a hotel, damn it! I love to roll in the dirt, puke everywhere I go, and hotels are too clean for me. I have brutal mess at home :D:D:D

Two years ago at Obscene I was camping with my swedish friends and it was fucking fun. My male frinds were running around in thong, they had a big pale of mess in front of their tents, when they fight they broke things and threw it on the big pale. They grilled on the grass and almost burnt it. ANd after all I vomited in front of my tent, or when I was sitting with them on the bench, I vomited under my feet. Once they found a shit, put it into a cup and waited til somebody wont step on it :D

MrHellRaiser

1 März 2004
Holon, Israel
Website besuchen
Hammered_gods schrieb:
How could somebody stay in a hotel, damn it! I love to roll in the dirt, puke everywhere I go, and hotels are too clean for me. I have brutal mess at home :D:D:D

Two years ago at Obscene I was camping with my swedish friends and it was fucking fun. My male frinds were running around in thong, they had a big pale of mess in front of their tents, when they fight they broke things and threw it on the big pale. They grilled on the grass and almost burnt it. ANd after all I vomited in front of my tent, or when I was sitting with them on the bench, I vomited under my feet. Once they found a shit, put it into a cup and waited til somebody wont step on it :D

damn. that sounds like fun !

well, you can puke in your tent and enjoy it. I did the 3 day stay in the mud thing at past tents but I was young and foolish. Plus, even though I am not doing it this year, I plan on heading over to europe for 2 or 3 weeks hitting up a few fests and I don't mind being able to relax in a hotel when I am not being overwhelmed by the awesome musical performances. :cool:

That sounds cool about Obscene extreme, Obscene extreme and Infernal fest are 2 of the fests I can't wait to see live.