• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I found that all the Campervans available are manual transmission.
Also must check the max weight allowable for driving in the driver license. (this could be a problem, in my Country, Argentina, standard driver license is for a max. weight of 2500 Kgs and Campervans uses to be up to 3500 Kgs)
Max length is not a big problem, standard Campervans (for two people) available for renting have a length around 6 meters.

We are studying another alternative, just found the FESTICABIN available. http://www.camperservice-wacken.de/en/camper-park/camperpark/unterkuenfte-2018/

Festcabins could be a good option, is cheaper than the Campervan. Of course it is less comfortable, but for me and my wife could work.- (And we will save 600 Euros )

I Don't know in which sector are located the Festcabins, I will send an email requesting more information.

I think those are part of the happy metal camper park, which is camp Y.

Killdrums

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada
Hi Friends!

Male
Favorite music: Heavy and Power Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal
Wacken: First will be 2018

My name is Diego and together with my wife, we are planning the trip to our first Wacken!!

We are planning to rent a Campervan in Hamburg, I use to drive a lot, so driving is not a problem. This time will not be my first visit to Germany, my first trip was due to my job in 2010. On that occasion I have been visiting Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Bretten.

I will appreciate your comments.
What do you think about the Campervan idea? What about driving from Hamburg to Wacken? Difficult? Any advice?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Hey Diego !! Welcome to both you and your wife from Newfoundland, Canada !!

My wife and I are also going to Wacken for the first time ... perhaps We'll enjoy a beer or two together :cool:

27 Jan. 2018
I thought I'd say hello. I'm from the UK and 2018 will be my first Wacken. I'm a both a metalhead and a lover of Germany (reckon I've visited at least 50 times, my German is still terrible though!). So why I've never been to Wacken I don't know, it's been on my wish-list for about 20 years. Anyway, this year I'm finally coming. Very excited! :D

P.S. Quark, are you a fellow (ex) Metal Travel Guide moderator?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I thought I'd say hello. I'm from the UK and 2018 will be my first Wacken. I'm a both a metalhead and a lover of Germany (reckon I've visited at least 50 times, my German is still terrible though!). So why I've never been to Wacken I don't know, it's been on my wish-list for about 20 years. Anyway, this year I'm finally coming. Very excited! :D

Yep, I am.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

Welcome!

Edit: I love the metal travel guide by the way! I use it where ever I go on vacation.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
27 Jan. 2018
Reaktionen: Quark

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Well it's nice to virtually 'meet' you again Quark, it's been a long time!

Yes agresionpower, it's a great website. I used to enjoy being an admin, but new people took over, plus my life got busy. I still use it though.
That must've been ages ago!

I actually don't use it anymore. But not because I'm not interested, more because I don't have time anymore.

Killdrums

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada

Hiya and welcome to the forum ! :D

psychotron

1 Feb. 2018
Egypt
Location: Egypt, but march to Wacken through France and Netherlands:D, public trans.
Male/Female: M
Favorite music: Extreme Metal in general specially technical,melodic death.
Wacken: 2017 my first time and it was my dream come true
2018 indeed :KO:

Reaktionen: Killdrums