• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Male/Female: M
Favorite music: Heavy, black, power, and thrash metal mostly.
Wacken: 2018 will be my first time

Good afternoon guys, my name is Diogo, I'm 30 years old I live in Belo Horizonte - Minas Gerais, Brazil (Sepultura City). Well, I'd like some tips, because I've never traveled outside my country, 2018 will be the first time, and it will be in wacken. How is the weather there in the month of the festival? I am Brazilian, and here in my state it never makes less than 15 ° C, except in some rare exceptions. I have a cousin who lives in Dresden, is she far away? If you can help me with anything that is useful to me, I'll thank you. Thank you very much.

Welcome!

it's hard to say what to expect.
We've had 35 degrees days.
But a few years back I think it was about 7 degrees at night. but that's very rare.

I think in general the maximum will be close to 25 degrees and the minimum around 15.

CylonKing

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Dez. 2017
Male
Favourite music: Pretty much anything from Poison to Slayer and back again. Iron Maiden still the best though!
Wacken: 2018 will be my first time, at long last!

Killdrums

21 März 2017
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada
Male
Favourite music: Pretty much anything from Poison to Slayer and back again. Iron Maiden still the best though!
Wacken: 2018 will be my first time, at long last!

CylonKing, My brother, hello from Newfoundland Canada and welcome !!!!
Wacken 2018 will be the first time for My wife and I also. And YES Iron maiden is STILL the best !!!!

<<<--- Check the photo ... Maiden, July 3, 2010 in Toronto. It was nothing short of a Religious Experience :angel:

CylonKing

19 Dez. 2017
Hi there Killdrums and thanks for the welcome all.
Really excited about Wacken, got some decent bands to check out.
Some I've seen before, some I've been dying to see for years and some brand new bands that I've been introduced to by Wacken.
Not Steel Panther though! :p

Reaktionen: Killdrums

Selina

8 Jan. 2018
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Hi everyone!

Male/Female: F
Favorite music: Power and Heavy metal mostly.
Wacken: Hopefully first in 2018

I am looking for people from NL who might be interested to travel to Wacken together, since I have no one to go with :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hi everyone!

I am looking for people from NL who might be interested to travel to Wacken together, since I have no one to go with :)
As ge wacht tot volgend jaar, hedde misschient unne kans!
Dees jaar nie.
En ik mag dan wel in Bels wonen, ik ben geboren Bèèse. (Best)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hi everyone!

As ge wacht tot volgend jaar, hedde misschient unne kans!
Dees jaar nie.
En ik mag dan wel in Bels wonen, ik ben geboren Bèèse. (Best)

En nu in het English.

You might want to get here: https://forum.wacken.com/threads/the-wacken-hot-tub-general-chat.221802/, so you can get to know us. There are (er, acctualy is) someone else from NL. But there are also people from other nationalities.
That makes it nicer, once you're at the festival.

dmaxi68

13 Jan. 2018
Hi Friends!

Male
Favorite music: Heavy and Power Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal
Wacken: First will be 2018

My name is Diego and together with my wife, we are planning the trip to our first Wacken!!

We are planning to rent a Campervan in Hamburg, I use to drive a lot, so driving is not a problem. This time will not be my first visit to Germany, my first trip was due to my job in 2010. On that occasion I have been visiting Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Bretten.

I will appreciate your comments.
What do you think about the Campervan idea? What about driving from Hamburg to Wacken? Difficult? Any advice?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Reaktionen: Killdrums

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hi Friends!

Male
Favorite music: Heavy and Power Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal
Wacken: First will be 2018

My name is Diego and together with my wife, we are planning the trip to our first Wacken!!

We are planning to rent a Campervan in Hamburg, I use to drive a lot, so driving is not a problem. This time will not be my first visit to Germany, my first trip was due to my job in 2010. On that occasion I have been visiting Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Bretten.

I will appreciate your comments.
What do you think about the Campervan idea? What about driving from Hamburg to Wacken? Difficult? Any advice?

Thank you in advance!!!!

Welcome!

Renting a campervan might be expensive, but of course I don't know how much your budget is.

Driving from hamburg to wacken shouldn't be a problem. Takes about an hour.
What day are you planning to come?

I don't know what the rules are for campers nowadays. I think there is a camper area on the campgrounds, but I'm not sure if that's just for campers/caravans that you can actually rent from wacken.
The website: http://www.camperservice-wacken.de/en/camper-park/camperpark/

Reaktionen: dmaxi68

dmaxi68

13 Jan. 2018
Welcome!

Renting a campervan might be expensive, but of course I don't know how much your budget is.

Driving from hamburg to wacken shouldn't be a problem. Takes about an hour.
What day are you planning to come?

I don't know what the rules are for campers nowadays. I think there is a camper area on the campgrounds, but I'm not sure if that's just for campers/caravans that you can actually rent from wacken.
The website: http://www.camperservice-wacken.de/en/camper-park/camperpark/

Thank you for your answer. We are planning to arrive on July the 31st. I sent an email to the organizers. They answered that the standard ticket includes the fees for the Campervan. So I will go on with this plan.

Reaktionen: agresionpower

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thank you for your answer. We are planning to arrive on July the 31st. I sent an email to the organizers. They answered that the standard ticket includes the fees for the Campervan. So I will go on with this plan.

Arriving on the 31st is a good idea, I'll be arriving the same day.
Just don't expect to find a god spot just because you're early, last year they put us on camp X.
Though the years before that I always had really nice spots.

Also, if there's bad weather (lots of rain) there will be lots of mud, so changes are high that you'll have to go to a carwash after the festival :p

dmaxi68

13 Jan. 2018
Attention!! EU vs. US, stick driving instead of automatic transmission!
And the combination of the vehicle cannot be longer than 11 metres! (13 yards?)
And there's something with the weight.

The rest has been said by @agresionpower.

I found that all the Campervans available are manual transmission.
Also must check the max weight allowable for driving in the driver license. (this could be a problem, in my Country, Argentina, standard driver license is for a max. weight of 2500 Kgs and Campervans uses to be up to 3500 Kgs)
Max length is not a big problem, standard Campervans (for two people) available for renting have a length around 6 meters.

We are studying another alternative, just found the FESTICABIN available. http://www.camperservice-wacken.de/en/camper-park/camperpark/unterkuenfte-2018/

Festcabins could be a good option, is cheaper than the Campervan. Of course it is less comfortable, but for me and my wife could work.- (And we will save 600 Euros )

I Don't know in which sector are located the Festcabins, I will send an email requesting more information.