New to Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Yea we will. Me and Holly are going to pretty much be sleeping in train stations in between fests to save money, so we'll need showers at some point. :o

En parlant de which (nice, multilinguism :D)

Do you already have a/n (rough) idea on what time you'll be in Moers for Dong?
This 'cause I'll have to book our tickets really soon. (and I don't feel like waiting for 4hrs in Duisburg)

Guess not.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
En parlant de which (nice, multilinguism :D)

Do you already have a/n (rough) idea on what time you'll be in Moers for Dong?
This 'cause I'll have to book our tickets really soon. (and I don't feel like waiting for 4hrs in Duisburg)

Guess not.

No idea. I guess we should all get together and figure out a time that works for all of us.

SachsenMustang

W:O:A Metalhead
1 Juli 2009
Marburg
Hm, my girlfriend is vegetarian and always cursing about the food at the festival (btw, fish is not vegetarian..) so try to bring your own food.. if you don't want to eat noodles the whole day :D . And you should try the medieval marke,t they got some nice vegetarian alternatives to the more expensive ones at the festival-area.

toastie

W:O:A Metalmaster
11 Juli 2008
Hm, my girlfriend is vegetarian and always cursing about the food at the festival (btw, fish is not vegetarian..) so try to bring your own food.. if you don't want to eat noodles the whole day :D . And you should try the medieval marke,t they got some nice vegetarian alternatives to the more expensive ones at the festival-area.

That's in the eye of the beholder.

SachsenMustang

W:O:A Metalhead
1 Juli 2009
Marburg
There's another word for people who also eat fish but no other animals .. sounding like the latin word for fish. And the point in being vegetarian is to go without animal meat. Thats at least what I have learnd from people who haven't eaten meat (and fish) sonce their birth (and form wikipedia.. but well.. wikipedia :D )

cHELLe

22 Apr. 2010
Madison, WI US
There's another word for people who also eat fish but no other animals .. sounding like the latin word for fish.

Yes, they are called Pescatarians.
I appreciate the tips about where to find vegetarian food! I myself don't eat meat (or fish) but firmly believe others should be able to eat whatever they want without judgment, which is why I cook meat for my family and friends. I wasn't trying to start a debate, just trying to find food :)

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
I am wondering what the shower situation is like for women? Do you only get a certain amount of time? Also, are there any vegetarians, where do you get food?

showeres at wacken are 2.50 euros each person, you dont get any time limit so..and the water is warm.
you can get free water by the portaloos spread in the camping grounds in case you dont want to spend money..

i advice you to use baby wipes

at festivals and dont care much about cleanness besides my hair and teeth

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

moonwort

23 Juni 2008
Cumbria. uk
You can also get showers at some places in the village, i used one which was a proper shower and toilet, and they had hairdryers as well, you have to get a ticket and they give you a time, so you can carry on to the supermarket for your food, and cheap beer.it was about 4 euro for the shower.
Watch out for the showers at the entrance where you can get coffee, it was the coldest water i have ever been in,