is W:O:A getting too big?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Was anyone else totally frustrated and not being able to see what was happening on stage?!

Warthog's mentioned a couple of times the downward slope away from the stage never helps, but I feel like these past 2 years there have been more people than ever

Sure, it's a festival and I love meeting you all there, but at the end of the day, if I'm reduced to watching the bands on the screen to find out what's going on, I might as well save the $2000 and sit at home watching the webcam stuff and the DVDs of bands playing... :rolleyes:

I missed soooo much this year and it was my ultimate Wacken lineup :(

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
I seldom see bands at the big stage if it's crowded because I'm not very tall. But I felt like there were less people this year.
But I'm happy about the video walls, at least I have a chance to see something.
At the other stages I have no problem seeing bands.

TALKHEAVY

Brat schrieb:
Was anyone else totally frustrated and not being able to see what was happening on stage?!

Warthog's mentioned a couple of times the downward slope away from the stage never helps, but I feel like these past 2 years there have been more people than ever

Sure, it's a festival and I love meeting you all there, but at the end of the day, if I'm reduced to watching the bands on the screen to find out what's going on, I might as well save the $2000 and sit at home watching the webcam stuff and the DVDs of bands playing... :rolleyes:

I missed soooo much this year and it was my ultimate Wacken lineup :(
2000 Aussi Dollars...

is that around 15 Euro? I just wann know! :D

Metal_Ste

14 Juni 2005
Manchester, UK
I don't think it was too busy, I never had a problem finding a seat in the beer garden and I could see all the bands i went to see pretty clearly without getting crushed. The only band we couldnt see was Finntroll as they were on the small stage when they should have been on one of the bigger stages really.

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I also think that there were less people then previous years. But maybe that was because of the weather? That people only went to the festival area to see bands because you couldn't sit anywere to relax. My gf is also small but she doesnt go too much to the front. Unless you stand front row you can't see anything indeed. Some tips: some parts of the festival are higher so you can watch over the other people. At the party stage that is at the left. mainstages I don't know but I know that they are there. And there are less people before you if you stand more at the side of the mainstages instead of standing in front of it. It works for us

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
oh come on, brat...people have the same complaint every year... everyone wants to go to wacken and everyone wants wacken to be a small festival, it doesn't really work, does it?

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I don't know, I had the feeling that the number of people has increased again. And this is just about the limit of what is possible, it's all the area can take. I don't dislike Wacken because of its size yet, though.

And although I think there were more people than last year...in the news section there was never something about the festival being sold out this year.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
I think its getting more commercial tbh....

how?? it's been roughly the same kind of bands (or simply the exact same bands) for the last 5 years...

if you all want a small, underground festival, wacken is simply not the place to go!

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Zombi schrieb:
how?? it's been roughly the same kind of bands (or simply the exact same bands) for the last 5 years...

if you all want a small, underground festival, wacken is simply not the place to go!
well, there have been a few bands this year who are very popular. Like Nightwish, Oomph, Within Temptation...and Martin Kesici :D
but I think there's no way to avoid this - it's simply a fact that metal/rock is very popular at the moment, which makes it look commercial...but why not let those bands play? it's still metal...or something similar.

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Zombi schrieb:

No shit...i didnt mean the bands numbnuts! :p i mean the stuff they sell..wacken beer (ffs!) wacken tents, chairs towels......? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Kate McGee schrieb:
well, there have been a few bands this year who are very popular. Like Nightwish, Oomph, Within Temptation...and Martin Kesici :D
but I think there's no way to avoid this - it's simply a fact that metal/rock is very popular at the moment, which makes it look commercial...but why not let those bands play? it's still metal...or something similar.

yeah, but Nightwish at least have been there about a million times...

...and anyway, I'm not complaining about the bands or the size of the festival, Wacken is a big festival, so they go for the bigger/more popular bands at the moment...I mean there SHOULD be a festival where these bands play, cause there are people who wanna see them...which is partly why SO MANY people go to wacken...

but people who say wacken is too big or not underground enough should maybe check out some other festivals in germany or elsewhere... like Fuck The Commerce :D