how to get ticket for 2005

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Since Dio means God in italian, I won't drink or rock in his name!!

But I'll fuck in the name of whoever, as long as it's free and consented! :D

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
Like Manowar? :rolleyes:

That would be really good news! :rolleyes:

That's my strong suspicion for next year.. and/or Rhapsody, otherwise why were they at Wacken this year...

Hey, they are legendary and altho I have no idea of their music, they'd still be something interesting to see.

I just wish they'd announce earlier, because I know so many Australian who would HAVE to go, but they need to start organising their tickets soon otherwise they'll have to play over $2000 for flights

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Kate McGee schrieb:
maybe they want many people to buy tickets BEFORE they announce a band like Manowar or Maiden or so...so that the "true" Wacken fans have their chance to get the xmas tickets before everybody else wants tickets all of a sudden...

I don't know if that was even a problem before. That would make sense if last year had been a quick sellout... but the Onkelz were one of the 2004 bands announced during WOA 2003, and even their swarms of fans didn't choke the "trues" out of the festival.

I think that they simply don't have anyone "big" enough to announce as of this date to get sufficient buzz going for next year. And as soon as they do, that's probably when they'll release the Xmas packages for sale.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Warthog schrieb:
I don't know if that was even a problem before. That would make sense if last year had been a quick sellout... but the Onkelz were one of the 2004 bands announced during WOA 2003, and even their swarms of fans didn't choke the "trues" out of the festival.

I think that they simply don't have anyone "big" enough to announce as of this date to get sufficient buzz going for next year. And as soon as they do, that's probably when they'll release the Xmas packages for sale.
I don't think you can compare the Onkelz to Maiden or Manowar...because of the mass of people a band like Maiden would attract. And a Maiden ticket costs about two thirds of a WOA ticket - any Maiden fan, any METAL fan who has time around the first weekend in August would try to get a WOA ticket.
Well, that's just my thoughts about it.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Kate McGee schrieb:
I don't think you can compare the Onkelz to Maiden or Manowar...because of the mass of people a band like Maiden would attract. And a Maiden ticket costs about two thirds of a WOA ticket - any Maiden fan, any METAL fan who has time around the first weekend in August would try to get a WOA ticket.
Well, that's just my thoughts about it.

I wouldn't compare the Bad Uncles to either band musically, I'll agree with that. :)

If they announced Maiden or Manowar today, I just don't see rapid sellouts being a problem. Both are huge bands (over there, anyhow...Manowar couldn't sell out a 800-capacity biker bar in a Baltimore slum last I saw them), but I think Wacken offers a far larger crowd than either band could draw on their own.

They offer (I think) about 10000 Xmas packages, and a full capacity crowd at Wacken is about 30 to 35 thousand, right? I think it would take Metallica with a resurrected Cliff Burton zombie on bass to sell out Wacken months in advance.

People who are going to see Maiden or Manowar are probably still inclined to go to Wacken anyway. Whereas the Onkelz posed more of a threat to ticket sales - a lot of their fans were there for them and that's it, potentially snapping tickets before the Wacken "trues" could get in. Thankfully that didn't happen...

Oh well, we'll just wait and see what they have in store for us. :)

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Warthog schrieb:
(...)Bad Uncles(...)

They offer (I think) about 10000 Xmas packages, and a full capacity crowd at Wacken is about 30 to 35 thousand, right? I think it would take Metallica with a resurrected Cliff Burton zombie on bass to sell out Wacken months in advance.

People who are going to see Maiden or Manowar are probably still inclined to go to Wacken anyway. Whereas the Onkelz posed more of a threat to ticket sales - a lot of their fans were there for them and that's it, potentially snapping tickets before the Wacken "trues" could get in. Thankfully that didn't happen...

Oh well, we'll just wait and see what they have in store for us. :)
Bad Uncles, lol :D sounds good

It's not that I'd fear Wacken being sold out months before the festival. It's rather the feeling that I might not get an xmas package any more... :D

I'd put it the other way round: People who are going to Wacken regularly probably all would want to see Maiden or Manowar. But those who are NOT going to festivals normally might be attracted if an expensive band like one of those would come.

...and then I'm still wondering if a band like Manowar or Maiden or Metallica (well why not Metallica) wouldn't really attract "pop fans" who only know about those bands because they're on TV a lot and their albums chart regularly.

I'm thinking about that too much. :D

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Kate McGee schrieb:
I'd put it the other way round: People who are going to Wacken regularly probably all would want to see Maiden or Manowar. But those who are NOT going to festivals normally might be attracted if an expensive band like one of those would come.

...and then I'm still wondering if a band like Manowar or Maiden or Metallica (well why not Metallica) wouldn't really attract "pop fans" who only know about those bands because they're on TV a lot and their albums chart regularly.
I don't think so, unless they're doing an "only concert this year" show, or something. Maiden usually tour extensively, so people not inclined to go to festivals probably go to the nearest stadium venue instead. "Pop fans" won't travel to a metal festival in the middle of nowhere only to catch a band they've seen on TV.

As for the Onkelz fans, I'm under the impression that they have a much more dedicated following, and as for Manowar, I'm sure all their fans already go to Wacken every year.

What do you get in the X-mas package, btw? A ticket and a shirt with oversized print? :)

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Kate McGee schrieb:

lol, it blows my mind to think that Maiden and Manowar might be associated with "pop" over in Europe. Closest we have here are the plague of "emo/metalcore" tarts who are all over MTV wearing Maiden and Slayer shirts for the irony alone, not because they actually like the band.

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
Warthog schrieb:
lol, it blows my mind to think that Maiden and Manowar might be associated with "pop" over in Europe. Closest we have here are the plague of "emo/metalcore" tarts who are all over MTV wearing Maiden and Slayer shirts for the irony alone, not because they actually like the band.
well I associate Maiden (well...) and especially Manowar with pop because stuff like "Warriors of the World" was played on our music channels regularly...like...like playing Christina Aguilera and then Manowar and then Britney Spears again...and of course Manowar have catchy, simple songs...so they are easier to "digest" for the typical pop channel watcher ;)

it wasn't that extreme with the last Maiden singles...but the newest "hype" is Nightwish...oh my god...and the Slayer/Slipknot tour was presented by our most important pop channel...