Gay metalheads @ Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
So, I am back again and had a great Wacken as I hope all of you had as well. I did not meet any other gays at Wacken as expected but that doesn't matter because I can have fun with straight people as well. ;)

This was, however, the first Wacken where all of the people I went with knew I am gay and it felt great because I could be more myself than ever before which made it special for me. :)

actually two gays I know where there, they are a couple.. I thought it was really cool that they were openly gay at a metalfestival :)

I'm glad you had a great wacken and felt this good :)

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
So, how did you know they were gay?

Because they were holding hands and looking at eachother with a different kind of look than just normal friends.

(now I am glad that I did not go ask if it was you btw :D)

actually two gays I know where there, they are a couple.. I thought it was really cool that they were openly gay at a metalfestival :)

I'm glad you had a great wacken and felt this good :)

Maybe that is the couple I saw.

moonwort

23 Juni 2008
Cumbria. uk
Sorry you never found anyone, my boyfriend was asked by more than a few men if he wanted to spend some more time with them (alone). And i saw quite a few same sex couples walking around, its good they can feel open about it.
better luck next year, or maybe you will have someone to take with you by then.

PandiTaWVerDe

23 Juni 2009
.l.
I love metal and I have a girlfriend and I’m happy with her.
Having a girlfriend doesn’t make me a … whatever people who can’t stand homosexuality might think; just a person who found what was looking for in someone of the same gender.
Certainly metal is a macho scene; and I found kind of disturbing and very difficult to sort of come out; first of all because men (not everyone is like that, I must say!) thought that a simple kiss was a display for their pleasure and that “my girlfriend and I didn’t knew what we were missing” without guys. And they can get somehow hostile if you answer back at them; but It would have been a shame for me to stop getting to places where local bands I liked would play and certainly going to a concert with her just because they thought our relationship was to be a show for them; I wouldn’t stop kissing my girlfriend or hugging her if I felt like doing so. It wasn’t as If we were having sex in front of them and they used to say it was hot and asked for a threesome (even if I’m not hot my girlfriend certainly is :) ); if it wasn’t for my friends and the support over these situation I think both of us would feel lost. But certainly I appreciate everyone that helped us through this (since it was pretty new even for me…even if its said that in between women is a little bit more accepted.)
I think that what makes even more difficult being with someone of the same gender in metal scene is because we are all trying to prove or at some point we were trying to prove we are “more metal” than the others and as there is a stereotype for metalheads there is a stereotype for homosexuality which might not be very metal…
Just my opinion.
And I didn’t mean to generalize, I also found a lot of positive stuff trough this experience. (please, don’t mind my English, it sucks…)

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Branching away a bit, but still sort of on the subject.

In Sweden gays, especially male homosexuals, are "supposed to" listen to schlager music, dress a certain way, be interested in fashion, take care of their looks etc etc.
Some ppl are regarded "not gay enough" if they don't fit the template of what you are supposed to look and act like.
Which makes it a bit wierd that a group of ppl that are already quite discriminated go out of their way to discriminate themselves...
So I'd guess being gay and a metal head in Sweden would be tougher than being gay and like schlager music.
Not only is the metal scene generally not very openminded towards non-heterosexuals, also the gay scene itself frown open the metal scene and gays not conforming to the correct group.
Again, this is the views of some Swedes at least.

One of my local bars I go to for their beer selection is also one of the most HBT friendly bars in Göteborg, they accept everyone which makes it a very diverse and nice place to go to.
The combination of HBT, beer nerds, karaoke lovers, sushi freaks and the goth crowd might sound strange, but it works well ;)

13 Mai 2018
Schöningen
[xD Post bearbeiten weil kein full Unicodesupport]

Sudden Impact after 9 years: Here I am, a totally GAY ️‍HEADBANGER!

I know I am late, but(t) after all being chaotic is so mmmale... xD

This thread was very exciting 4 me and I'm glad you've asked.

Me, 2, am single with gayest wishes and lookin' 4 a metal mate 2 fall in love with. Me, I'm 100% outed & extrovert, but(t) I'm in the internet dating labyrinth since a while, not havin' enough money, but(t) hopin' this Year, I can be on the hottest Festival on Earth: W:O:A & WOW! Whöööh....

I don't know, where you're from, if from the United States, I think this group will really be hot for you, check it out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/42839242731/

You also can try your luck with PlanetRomeo, the world third biggest Dating Site. Using the classic interface makes it possible to search for «longhaired» «Musical Preference: Metal». Maybe Adam4Adam and MenHunt support that feature, 2, just have a try.

Me, I have the Problem, that MetalFlirt, a German Dating-Site isn't really full of hot bi-gay bro's, sigh. I'm thinkin bout trying altscene.com. 4 the US okcupid might be the trick.

Let me close with the Devils Trick: «Give an attractive man at least 6 BBBBEEER. And you can easily have Sex with him in the same night.»

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
[xD Post bearbeiten weil kein full Unicodesupport]

Sudden Impact after 9 years: Here I am, a totally GAY ️‍HEADBANGER!

I know I am late, but(t) after all being chaotic is so mmmale... xD

This thread was very exciting 4 me and I'm glad you've asked.

Me, 2, am single with gayest wishes and lookin' 4 a metal mate 2 fall in love with. Me, I'm 100% outed & extrovert, but(t) I'm in the internet dating labyrinth since a while, not havin' enough money, but(t) hopin' this Year, I can be on the hottest Festival on Earth: W:O:A & WOW! Whöööh....

I don't know, where you're from, if from the United States, I think this group will really be hot for you, check it out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/42839242731/

You also can try your luck with PlanetRomeo, the world third biggest Dating Site. Using the classic interface makes it possible to search for «longhaired» «Musical Preference: Metal». Maybe Adam4Adam and MenHunt support that feature, 2, just have a try.

Me, I have the Problem, that MetalFlirt, a German Dating-Site isn't really full of hot bi-gay bro's, sigh. I'm thinkin bout trying altscene.com. 4 the US okcupid might be the trick.

Let me close with the Devils Trick: «Give an attractive man at least 6 BBBBEEER. And you can easily have Sex with him in the same night.»

welcome!

Reaktionen: Mawluck Asmode