Driving to WOA

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von DILLIGAF, 30. Januar 2012.

1. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Newbie

Hey!

Anyone driving from the UK / overseas to Wacken?
    After going by plane for the past 4 years I have decided to take my car on an adventure =D
    Just wondering what it is like, as it will be my first cross-country journey.

Stay Metal \m/.

2. jvoorhees

jvoorhees Member

Hey,

Last year I drove from Poland (Krakow), and we did a tour of festivals - Hell's Pleasure, Headbangers and then onto Wacken, and back to Krakow. That was a good couple of thousand kilometres of road trip. Also did a driving tour of festivals in 2010, but didn't drive to Wacken (hired car afterwards for 2 other fests).

Definitely a cool experience, more so if you have some people in the car with you. Having a car at Wacken is cool, because you have somewhere to lock up your stuff, and you don't need to have everything in your tent. But with the good comes the bad - the car area fills up quickly, so you can be quite a long way away from the festival area. We were in camp R, which was a long walk, especially at night :) We waited in the car traffic jam outside the village for much much longer than it took us to drive there from Hamburg.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

3. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

As long as you know you have to drive on the RIGHT side of the road, all is OK.

4. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

Hey I know people from Krakow that did the exact same trip... :p
    Did you also go to Berlin, and met up with some bearded dutch guy over there? :p

Sorry Dave, couldn't resists :D

5. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

No, he didn't. :KO:

6. black/heart

black/heart Newbie

I drove from Bristol last year and, to be honest, it was a pain in the arse. Stopped overnight in Ghent, Belgium, and it took 8 hours the next day to drive to Hamburg. Sat in traffic for about an hour, crawling around Antwerp.

I suppose it was handy, from the point of view of being able to just throw everything in the back of the car and not having to worry about limits on liquids etc. But I'm flying this year ;)

Diese Seite empfehlen