Driving to WOA

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DILLIGAF

29 Nov. 2011
Hey!

Anyone driving from the UK / overseas to Wacken?
After going by plane for the past 4 years I have decided to take my car on an adventure =D
Just wondering what it is like, as it will be my first cross-country journey.

Stay Metal \m/.

jvoorhees

20 Jan. 2008
Australia
Hey,

Last year I drove from Poland (Krakow), and we did a tour of festivals - Hell's Pleasure, Headbangers and then onto Wacken, and back to Krakow. That was a good couple of thousand kilometres of road trip. Also did a driving tour of festivals in 2010, but didn't drive to Wacken (hired car afterwards for 2 other fests).

Definitely a cool experience, more so if you have some people in the car with you. Having a car at Wacken is cool, because you have somewhere to lock up your stuff, and you don't need to have everything in your tent. But with the good comes the bad - the car area fills up quickly, so you can be quite a long way away from the festival area. We were in camp R, which was a long walk, especially at night :) We waited in the car traffic jam outside the village for much much longer than it took us to drive there from Hamburg.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Hey,

Last year I drove from Poland (Krakow), and we did a tour of festivals - Hell's Pleasure, Headbangers and then onto Wacken, and back to Krakow. That was a good couple of thousand kilometres of road trip. Also did a driving tour of festivals in 2010, but didn't drive to Wacken (hired car afterwards for 2 other fests).

Definitely a cool experience, more so if you have some people in the car with you. Having a car at Wacken is cool, because you have somewhere to lock up your stuff, and you don't need to have everything in your tent. But with the good comes the bad - the car area fills up quickly, so you can be quite a long way away from the festival area. We were in camp R, which was a long walk, especially at night :) We waited in the car traffic jam outside the village for much much longer than it took us to drive there from Hamburg.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Hey I know people from Krakow that did the exact same trip... :p
Did you also go to Berlin, and met up with some bearded dutch guy over there? :p

Sorry Dave, couldn't resists :D

black/heart

10 März 2012
Hey!

Anyone driving from the UK / overseas to Wacken?
After going by plane for the past 4 years I have decided to take my car on an adventure =D
Just wondering what it is like, as it will be my first cross-country journey.

Stay Metal \m/.

I drove from Bristol last year and, to be honest, it was a pain in the arse. Stopped overnight in Ghent, Belgium, and it took 8 hours the next day to drive to Hamburg. Sat in traffic for about an hour, crawling around Antwerp.

I suppose it was handy, from the point of view of being able to just throw everything in the back of the car and not having to worry about limits on liquids etc. But I'm flying this year ;)