Cooling beer

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Fyodor

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Juni 2003
I never tried to build it, its not self powered, a disadvantage I'm not going to accept at a festival. But "Unregistered2" got an idea, that I'm on to. He sugested to build a reverse Sterling-engine and use it as a cooling device. This device is perfectly suited for that purpose. I am nearly finished designing such a machine. My unsolved problems are the input of torque (windpropelled or photovoltaik ... I don't know) an to actual manufacture it. But when its finished, I got a lightweight independant fridge! :D:D:D

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
in 2003 someone in the forum camp has a small generator-powered cooler :D

in Australia they're selling small unit to run off the car lighter, but it's too expensive for me to bring my car to Wacken :D

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Brat schrieb:
in 2003 someone in the forum camp has a small generator-powered cooler :D

I suppose that was Edi? He has that great gas or whatever powered cooler :D

Brat schrieb:
in Australia they're selling small unit to run off the car lighter, but it's too expensive for me to bring my car to Wacken :D

they are selling them here, too... but nearly nobody has enough space in the car for them. Besides we are afraid the car battery power will be too low after you´ve been running such a thing for 4 days - I do not really trust them :rolleyes:

Fyodor

2 Juni 2003
Lucretia schrieb:
they are selling them here, too... but nearly nobody has enough space in the car for them. Besides we are afraid the car battery power will be too low after you´ve been running such a thing for 4 days - I do not really trust them :rolleyes:
Those things work perfectly, I have one of those by my own. But they drain the battery at a very high rate. You really shouldn't use them with the engine turned off. After maybe two or three hours the battery wouldn't be able to start the engine any more. I allready tested that ;).

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
another good trick to keep your drinks cold is this:
Put all drinks which are in TetraPaks in the freezer - you can use them as big freezer packs then. And believe me, it takes some time until an 1,5 Liter Tetra Pak is defrosted! :) :D

DarthFreak

Lucretia schrieb:
another good trick to keep your drinks cold is this:
Put all drinks which are in TetraPaks in the freezer - you can use them as big freezer packs then. And believe me, it takes some time until an 1,5 Liter Tetra Pak is defrosted! :) :D

good idea. we just came up the idea building something with spare pc parts and an old refrigirator. lets see how it works