best hotels for Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DetroitDon

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
Yes it is... in summer is the average airfare from Mexico to Any European country, in low season, the average is 1000 usd :(
During winter months I can get airfare to Germany for $750 tax included, now summer time it's atleast $1,500 average tax included. I found a flight to Copenhagen during the week of Wacken, for $900 total, so it's cheaper to go to Denmark but not Germany?..lol I mean it's really the same distance almost.

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
During winter months I can get airfare to Germany for $750 tax included, now summer time it's atleast $1,500 average tax included. I found a flight to Copenhagen during the week of Wacken, for $900 total, so it's cheaper to go to Denmark but not Germany?..lol I mean it's really the same distance almost.

www.cheaptickets.com

That's how I found my tickets.I can't get my plane tix till I get my tax refund(hopefully in April).I'm open to other sites for cheaper flights(THAT ARE LEGIT!).

If you save $600 usd to flight to Copenhaguen , you can take it !!.. the trip from Copenhaguen to Hamburg is so nice.. is by train and ship !, in a part of the trip, the train goes into a large ship to cross the Baltic Sea.. and you can stay in the top of the ship and see the Baltic Sea's landscapes. The trip is 4:30 hours and the cost is around 80 euros.

In 2008 i did a Scandinavian tour before Wacken, in the final part my tour, I traveled from Copenhaguen to Hamburg by this way.

Drex

skyscanner also a useful website to book cheap tickets. It scans all companies, plus all major travel agencys.

It also can check up to two airplane changes, with same and different airlines. My mom has a travel agency, and I use that, 'cause it's cheaper for me (last trip: 54€ from Madrid to Romania, round trip)

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
skyscanner also a useful website to book cheap tickets. It scans all companies, plus all major travel agencys.

It also can check up to two airplane changes, with same and different airlines. My mom has a travel agency, and I use that, 'cause it's cheaper for me (last trip: 54€ from Madrid to Romania, round trip)

I've tried them and it's still a bit more expensive than Bing. I got from Bing a trip from Helsinki to Hamburg for $54 USD.

Drex

but bing.com is the new search engine from micro$oft, right?

When I go to www.cheaptickets.com and I insert Spain as country, the webpage redirects me to ebookers.com, unavailable from my country, 'cause it's closed.

Anyway, I preffer to buy the tickets directly with the airlines, at least, for tickets less than 100 €. For 200€+, I keep trusting on travel agencys, 'cause they (mostly of the times) have better fares... and hey, they have to eat also! :p

B/R

Drex

Aerkegod

14 Jan. 2010
Also voting for the tent! You will end up using too much time comuting back and forth to a hotel!
If there is a cheaper ticket to, lets say Copenhagen, well then take it, a train shouldnt be too expensive and you could also take a bus, perhaps even one of the "metal tours" going to Wacken. I am doing one of those, just from another danish city.

Don't worry too much about your valuables, a key festival rule is.
- if your afraid it might break\be gone\ stolen\drowned in beer\rain
- Then DON'T bring it ;)
- Then the only things you have in your tent is beer, booze, naked girls and perhaps some clothes and a sleeping bag ;)
- if you are nerveous that someone might enter your tent, buy a small lock and put on the zipper! Then someone would have to cut open the tent to enter and get your old sleeping bag. Not likely
- Deposit in the lockers

And the most important equipment is rainsuit and rubberboots.
- if it rains you might have to quit if you dont have propper boots, saved me at Roskilde 2007 when my neighbors were getting fungus :D
http://www.google.dk/images?sa=3&q=roskilde+2007

- If the weather is wonderfull (it actually happens :eek: ) you will be running around half naked too boozed up to care.

Last advice! Go find yourself a camp to place your tent in! You could prolly find one here at the forums

Rock on!