Best Albums of 2005

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Dsm

14 Sep. 2005
Sam Przyborowski schrieb:
Did anyone find the new Arch Enemy a bit rubbish? I mean for a start most of the rifss were recycled from Heartwork.

Better they be recycled from old Carcass riffs than old Arch Enemy riffs.

The new Nevermore album is my favourite one this year.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Dsm schrieb:
Better they be recycled from old Carcass riffs than old Arch Enemy riffs.

The new Nevermore album is my favourite one this year.

Not when its Carcass made shit by someone who should know better. I hate it when people destroy their own legacies. Arch Enemy = Dullathon. Mind you, so is 90% of all Melodic 'Death' metal.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
mugabe schrieb:
Marissa Nadler - "The Saga of Mayflower May"

Nice album, but one of the best of the year? hmmm....

my choices would include

Silver Mt Zion - Horses In The Sky
Coco Rosie - Noah's Ark
The Decemberists - Picaresque

there's more, but who's really interested?

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
I didn't listen to enough music in 2005 to actually. I'm gonna do 2005 in 2006. But probably the best albums were the new Fields of the Nephilim and the new Smoke Blow.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Lucretia schrieb:
mugabe, I just zapped into an incredible Volksmusik show on TV - so if you wanna be up to date whats hot in the scene, check this out:
http://www.mdr.de/boulevard/vomuschlager/2327924.html :D ;)
First song is the best if you ask me!
I'm a bit sceptical about Achims Hitparade, and tend to stick with Karl Moik and Carmen Nebel. Gunther Emmerlich's show is quite ok as well.

The Draufgänger-song sounded excellent, though. Good meat-and-potatoes-Heimat-Schlager!

@Zombi

Slow year, like I said. "Ballads of Living and Dying" is better, but that was released in 2004.

For 2006, this message from the Bethlehem forum sounds promising:

Neues Album noch in diesem Jahr. Nicht mehr wie die letzten, mehr wieder wie früher. Back to the roots. Bartsch

Also, maybe Dodheimsgard will finally get their thumbs out.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
mugabe schrieb:
I'm a bit sceptical about Achims Hitparade, and tend to stick with Karl Moik and Carmen Nebel. Gunther Emmerlich's show is quite ok as well.

really? I think Achims Hitparade is much more authentic than this glamourous Gunther Emmerlich thing. Its way too slick and perfect.
Ah well, not everybody has the same taste :D