An open letter to the anti-war crowd

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Originally posted by Der Helm
I really want to read it, Is it out as paperback yet ? Really as good as everyone tells me ?
DO it, I read it and it is realy good - sometimes realy shocking how many things are realy involved in another....
Yes, I read it as paperback....

Der Helm

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
DO it, I read it and it is realy good - sometimes realy shocking how many things are realy involved in another....
Yes, I read it as paperback....
Need to get it, I loved bowling for columbine.
Oh, just found this article on the washington post website.

The last part gives interesting insight into the worldview of some people, don't you think ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60003-2003Apr8.html

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Originally posted by metal slut
This is an excerpt from today's news:
April 9 — Iraqis took to the streets Wednesday to tear down a statue of Saddam Hussein as his regime lost control of Baghdad, three weeks to the day that President Bush launched a war to oust the Iraqi leader.

"I'm 49, but I never lived a single day. Only now will I start living," said Yussuf Abed Kazim, a mosque preacher, as he bashed the statue's pedestal with a sledgehammer, knocking off tile and concrete. "That Saddam Hussein is a murderer and a criminal."

In images showed live across the Arab world, Iraqis danced in the streets, waving rifles, palm fronds and flags, and defaced posters of the longtime Iraqi president.

American troops moving through the Iraqi capital drew instant crowds. One unit was swarmed by cheering Iraqis, with women lifting their babies for the soldiers to kiss. Young men shouted, "Bush No. 1, Bush No. 1."

With the Iraqis themselves cheering in the streets, celebrating the first sweet taste of freedom they've ever known, who are we to question this war? Perhaps the Iraqis WANTED this! If they are happy to see Saddam ousted, then who are the French, the Germans, the Russians, or the Chinese to say that he must be allowed to remain in power?? The people of Iraq certainly were not able to oust him themselves, or it would have been done decades ago.

Where are all of you who people who were saying this war would be a civilian bloodbath? That US and British forces would be carting off tankers full of stolen Iraqi oil? In particular, who was the obnoxious fool on this message board who predicted that Saddam would "kick Bush's ass" ????

Let the Iraqi people decide what is best for the Iraqi people. It seems to me they are already doing so.

Do you really believe what the media is telling you???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Need to get it, I loved bowling for columbine.
Oh, just found this article on the washington post website.

The last part gives interesting insight into the worldview of some people, don't you think ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60003-2003Apr8.html

Haven´t seen that movie yet :(
But I realy want to see it....

realy "interessting" view of that :rolleyes:

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Hahaha, metal slut is back again! A gun-toting doctrinaire Republican ("Gawd dun bless Prezadent Bush, ah hyuk!") from Northern Idaho come to mend our wicked ways!

I imagine we'll hear from him again in another few weeks/months when the US starts bombing North Korea.

Actually,from what I heard from other people from the USA, its not THAT easy to get the informations you want. If you don't know how to use google that is.

More because there really is a propaganda machine afoot in the US. Anyone who dares to voice an anti-war opinion is dismissed as a "pacifist liberal". This war has really polarized the American public between left and right like nothing I've seen in years (ok, the whole Clinton scandal came close...sort of).

Me? I was told as a boy never to trust news coverage during a war, and this was during Gulf War I. I know better than to trust anything I see on TV nowadays. Or anything cut-and-pasted verbatim out of a newspaper.

And yeah, Google sets us free! :D

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Re: Re: Re: An open letter to the anti-war crowd

Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
That´s what we all want to find out - but it realy seems as if he/she does :(

Back in World War 2..the german "Wochenschau" reported that the german troops were welcomed by cheering crowds in Ukraine and White-Russia.....that´s nothing new...:(

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: Re: Re: An open letter to the anti-war crowd

Originally posted by Metalsulm
Back in World War 2..the german "Wochenschau" reported that the german troops were welcomed by cheering crowds in Ukraine and White-Russia.....that´s nothing new...:(

So you mean that maybe the Iraqi people really are NOT dancing in the streets with joy at the sight of US/UK forces? :eek: *gasp* That they're not treating this as their great liberation?

I can't believe that Bush would ever lie to us. :(

:D

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Originally posted by Warthog

Me? I was told as a boy never to trust news coverage during a war, and this was during Gulf War I. I know better than to trust anything I see on TV nowadays. Or anything cut-and-pasted verbatim out of a newspaper.

At least,
someone who proves my point the not all Americans are stupid rednecks.

Oh and btw. this just came to my mind. Everyone Pro-War who stated something like ."Those bastards cheered at Sept,11"

Anyone remembers the dancing on the streets after gulf war 1 ?
And how many Iraquis where killed then ?

This had nothing to do with hogs post, just something that came to my mind while reading it.
;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Hahaha, metal slut is back again! A gun-toting doctrinaire Republican ("Gawd dun bless Prezadent Bush, ah hyuk!") from Northern Idaho come to mend our wicked ways!

I imagine we'll hear from him again in another few weeks/months when the US starts bombing North Korea.

More because there really is a propaganda machine afoot in the US. Anyone who dares to voice an anti-war opinion is dismissed as a "pacifist liberal". This war has really polarized the American public between left and right like nothing I've seen in years (ok, the whole Clinton scandal came close...sort of).

Wish taht every person learns that and not only during a war - but shame on us all, it isn´t that way.,...

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

At least,
someone who proves my point the not all Americans are stupid rednecks.

Damn straight! I'm a SMART redneck! I gots muh edumakation, dern tootin'!

Oh and btw. this just came to my mind. Everyone Pro-War who stated something like ."Those bastards cheered at Sept,11"

yeah, and that the Sept. 11th hijackers attacked us because they "hate our freedom." There've been lots of cute little phrases like that floating around since then. I've heard it all. :mad:

Metalsulm

12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: An open letter to the anti-war crowd

So you mean that maybe the Iraqi people really are NOT dancing in the streets with joy at the sight of US/UK forces? :eek: *gasp* That they're not treating this as their great liberation?

*rofl*

Nono....Bush would never lie...:D:D

just as every german believes what Angela Merkel says...(Female(?) Leader of the oppositon - party in Germany....

Re: Re: Re: Re: An open letter to the anti-war crowd

No, that is shown in histor since the Romans learned and teached the rest of the world how to do it (maybe earlier)

No one is less lying that him :D:D:D

@Helm: There are assholes and great people all over the world, no importance where you look - but sometimes we have to search better ;)