Wacken Wednesday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

marr_222

8 Juni 2022
Any idea what time the Wacken Wednesday bands start? I bought a ticket for Wednesday, but will not be leaving for Wacken until Aug 3rd on the Mondial shuttle from Berlin. They don't seem to have a shuttle from Berlin on the 2nd. I'm concerned that bands would start before I get there and should maybe find another way there on Aug 2nd instead?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Any idea what time the Wacken Wednesday bands start? I bought a ticket for Wednesday, but will not be leaving for Wacken until Aug 3rd on the Mondial shuttle from Berlin. They don't seem to have a shuttle from Berlin on the 2nd. I'm concerned that bands would start before I get there and should maybe find another way there on Aug 2nd instead?
I just looked at the lineup but there's no time table available yet.
Small tip, if you're earlier in Germany and want to take the train, there's the €9-Ticket, a MONTH card, which allows you to take all REGIONAL trains. If time is no issue and you want to go on the 2nd....

marr_222

8 Juni 2022
I just looked at the lineup but there's no time table available yet.
Small tip, if you're earlier in Germany and want to take the train, there's the €9-Ticket, a MONTH card, which allows you to take all REGIONAL trains. If time is no issue and you want to go on the 2nd....
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I'll look into that option!

Crabzilla

14 Juni 2022
Hi everyone, first timer to Wacken luckily I stumbled upon this thread. I'm staying in Hamburg and plan on taking the train from Altona station to Itzehoe and then take the shuttle from Itzehoe train station to the festival. However I am very unsure of the specifics such as if I need to go to a specific station in Itzehoe in order to catch the shuttle to the festival. Any information is appreciated on how best to proceed. Cheers.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hi everyone, first timer to Wacken luckily I stumbled upon this thread. I'm staying in Hamburg and plan on taking the train from Altona station to Itzehoe and then take the shuttle from Itzehoe train station to the festival. However I am very unsure of the specifics such as if I need to go to a specific station in Itzehoe in order to catch the shuttle to the festival. Any information is appreciated on how best to proceed. Cheers.
Hey,

It's fairly easy (and above all, very CHEAP!!

Upon arrival in Hamburg, get yourself a 9 Euro-Ticket. (https://www.bahn.com/en/offers/regional/9-euro-ticket-en) and do whatever you want to do first in Hamburg (and surroundings)

On Wednesday, the best way to start is in Hamburg Altona station. (but if you're nearer to Hamburg main station, it's not bad either) and grab any trian to Westerland (Sylt) or Itzehoe. Be aware, sometimes there's an Intercity running between Hamburg main and Itzehoe. These trains tend to be more expensive than ordinairy (regional) trains!!! There's only ONE station in Itzehoe itself. So you can't go wrong. From there, the shuttles will bring you to Wacken. (but this does not fall under the €9-ticket!!!)
If you're going to be a bit "sporty", you can also take the line 14, which does allow the use of said €9-ticket! That's the normal bus running between Itzehoe and Wacken. (but does not run on Sundays!!)

Reaktionen: Crabzilla

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
RE: bands on Wednesday - I think the first band I saw on the Wednesday last time was around 11am, so there's a ballpark estimate for you.

RE: trains - what Quark said, but from experience try to avoid travelling in the mid-afternoon when people are leaving work to go home. I made that mistake once and the train was extremely crowded.

edit: and yes, avoid early evening too. Late morning/lunch is a good time to aim for. The train station will still be busy (it always is) but you'll have a chance to find other people going to Wacken AND maybe even a seat on the train.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Crabzilla und Quark

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
RE: trains - what Quark said, but from experience try to avoid travelling in the mid-afternoon when people are leaving work to go home. I made that mistake once and the train was extremely crowded.
I cannot comfirm this, as I have a too long a distance to travel. So I'm either VERY EARLY in the morning, or late in the afternoon. (though you might also try to avoid the early evening (like 17-18:00h/5-6:00pm).
And be aware, due to the €9-ticket, trains are fuller than usually! Sylt happens to be a very touristic area. (been there 2x)

Crabzilla

14 Juni 2022
Thank You all very much, I'll review the guide to Wacken thread as well and see where I'm staying in relation to Hamburg station. Cheers

20 Juni 2022
Hello,
Every year I took the shuttle to wacken beside Central station Hamburg, but this year I am not found this information at the website.
Other years it service was free if you buy the ticket directly from the official website.
Someone knows something about it for this year?
I am looking for the timetable and the brand of the company. If the mondial will be the official shuttle to wacken....

thanks

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hello,
Every year I took the shuttle to wacken beside Central station Hamburg, but this year I am not found this information at the website.
Other years it service was free if you buy the ticket directly from the official website.
Someone knows something about it for this year?
I am looking for the timetable and the brand of the company. If the mondial will be the official shuttle to wacken....

thanks
Sorry, I'm a bit rusty, but I just came back.

Er, it is possible that Remedy isn't running, or whatever the bus company is called. The pandemie has changed a lot in everyone's dayly lives, and this is not different for bus operators (who are NOT running public transport buses).

I reckon the easiest way is to get on a train. (S-Bahn included) And come on! €9 for a RETURN tickets (which is actually valid thoughout the whole month of August) isn't to compete against!

Link above, or in the last post(s) on the "semi DEFINITVE GUIDE TO WACKEN".