Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hi guys!!
I've searched the forum but didn´t find an answer to my question...
It's the second time i'm going to wacken, but this time a friend wants to bring a little gas burner (campingaz). We will be taking the burner on the plane, but not the gas bottle.
do you know if they sell the gas bottles on the festival?
Er, I think you should be able to get them, at either Kaufland supermarket, or at any Decathlon in Germany.

Sif

5 Aug. 2014
Portugal
Er, I think you should be able to get them, at either Kaufland supermarket, or at any Decathlon in Germany.
I was thinking about decathlon, but it's half an hour in the oposite direction :(
I was hoping they sell them on site, so i could save that hour of journey to decathlon for an extra hour of fun in wacken :)

razzle

14 Juli 2007
The OBI in the village sells gas cartridges for camping stoves. From what I recall, they're compatible with campingaz stoves but that may depend on your model.

Hiker

5 Aug. 2019
Hi, all.
I have some important question about festival. Is it safe to travel absolutely alone with tent and without car. I mean how safe to leave travel equipment and clothes in the campzone. whether such a situation arises, for example, I come late at night in the rain to my tent, but it disappeared... or was broked... or happened other terrible things with my stuff.
Maybe for someone my question seems ridiculous, but I never travelled on a festival to another country alone that's why I'm worried. Thanks!

Christoph P.

W:O:A Metalhead
20 März 2019
\m/ @Hiker
Well, i traveled alone last year (by bike). That "alone" lasted until 30 minutes after arrival. Never found that many friendly people in one place! The one group gave me access to their fridge (cold beer!) and borrowed some tools to repair my bike. The other watched over our tents, as one of them was always there somehow.

But i had a locker (safeboxen.de, no affiliate :D) for my valuable stuff and keys. For about 30€ (+20€ deposit for the key i think) for the week, but much safer (and cheaper) that way than losing your phone and stuff.

Tents beeing destroyed is very uncommon. I mean, happens from time to time, but usually more out of too much beer (don´t know how that can happen...) and accident. They try to pluck the tent together after they dismembered it :ugly: And if it is really destroyed, you can always count on the security and police.

After all, I only saw one guy with a very bad mood last year... security right behind him :D after he tried to break a fence.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Hi, all.
I have some important question about festival. Is it safe to travel absolutely alone with tent and without car. I mean how safe to leave travel equipment and clothes in the campzone. whether such a situation arises, for example, I come late at night in the rain to my tent, but it disappeared... or was broked... or happened other terrible things with my stuff.
Maybe for someone my question seems ridiculous, but I never travelled on a festival to another country alone that's why I'm worried. Thanks!
Don't! I have done it at least 13x alone, by train (ok, 2 or 3x by car), and I have NEVER EVER had any problems! Even with my (very bad :cool: ) eyesight!

And I took everything back home as well. Nothing gone, nothing broken.

cxm

21 Mai 2019
Turkey/ADANA-SEYHAN
Because it isn't June yet? I don't know!

There is however, not a timetable available yet! Once it's online, I'll add it into the link of the Semi DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO WACKEN!
Not earlier.

Wha.. What? I thought it was June tomorrow.. eheh anyway, I think you need calm down a little. I asked this question not only to you, but to everyone but for some reason you reacted as if you were asked. If you check the mondialevents.de website, the shuttle dates seem to be finalized. Coming to the question why I asked my previous question, I was wondering if this was a mistake or a reason. Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what I want to tell.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Wha.. What? I thought it was June tomorrow.. eheh anyway, I think you need calm down a little. I asked this question not only to you, but to everyone but for some reason you reacted as if you were asked. If you check the mondialevents.de website, the shuttle dates seem to be finalized. Coming to the question why I asked my previous question, I was wondering if this was a mistake or a reason. Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what I want to tell.

The link with the shuttle bus service is one of the last things they put online.

But in worst case, there's always bus nr 14.
See www.nah.sh for details.