Wackinger

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
I rarely went in there this year. My tent was so close to the gates that if I wanted to chill between sets or just rest my tired legs I would walk back to my tent and drink hot cans of the Black and sit in my chair. Usually having to step over the crew of Austrians camping next to us who were frequently laying in a pile next to their tent passed out. I can see why people think its cheesy though. I know a lot of Europeans on other forums who are Wacken vets cited the expansion of that kind of stuff as a reason they started going to other festivals instead of WOA. But to each their own.

14 Aug. 2013
Dublin, Ireland
As a first timer to Wacken in 2013 I thought it was kind of cool. I liked the vendors (too many drinking horns though!) I didn't really understand the 'mad max' stuff either.

For some reason I have associated Heavy Metal with "medieval" stuff for a long time - to me they kind of go together. I loved the sword fighting and the mead! and the food was good too! I thought it added to my enjoyment of Wacken honestly.. Maybe I'm one of those 'tourists' :eek: *hangs head in shame*

I would say "Never Hang your Head In Shame in Wacken"
Walk through the campsite after dark...
One will be amazed...
BTW... There is a lot of swords... hmmm. damn those naked Swedes...
Enough said...

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA
That is the understatement of the year! That is also the reason I wish I could live there ;) Europe in general is much more relaxed. We have to many rules to legislate morality - it's the most obnoxious thing ever.

Yeah, when traveling through Germany I was so wanting to be able to move over there. America is too prude, too interested in legislating morality, and too focused on work. The first question a lot of people ask after you introduce yourself is "What do you do?" as if you are defined by your job. I love America but I'd like to live abroad for a while just for the change. I think I could handle Germany quite nicely. I loved both Hamburg and Munich, and I need to visit more of the country...and the continent.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Yeah, when traveling through Germany I was so wanting to be able to move over there. America is too prude, too interested in legislating morality, and too focused on work. The first question a lot of people ask after you introduce yourself is "What do you do?" as if you are defined by your job. I love America but I'd like to live abroad for a while just for the change. I think I could handle Germany quite nicely. I loved both Hamburg and Munich, and I need to visit more of the country...and the continent.

asking about somebodies job is about the last thing I'd do actually :p