Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

ZehSwede

7 Apr. 2009
Seriously... Running Wild? Im so fucking excited.. NOT. Sure they might be a good band but i want some real fucking metal too. Where the fuck are the real metal bands like Pestilence, Misery Index, Marduk, Destroyer 666, Vomitory, Municipal Waste?

I really hope they announce some death/thrash/black/grind soon or i'm not showing up at wacken ever again, unless the line up would be crazy as hell, which i guess it will never be again.

They really need to stop focusing at all this other crap like wacken rocks, personal toilets, wacken bags and shit.

uäggh :mad:

unknownone

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
But, so as i, do not loose hope, there will be some black/death bands....for sure!

Yes, but the quality of them will be next to zero.

At this point we already know the Orga doesn't give a shit about this year and is already thinking about the next one. This year is a total failure. So far, the line-up is comprised of:

- Power/Heavy Metal;
- A small amount of good bands from other genres;
- Shit.

And those good bands can be seen almost every year, everywhere, and a lot cheaper!!

This only means one thing: they are broke. That's why you don't have more bands like Blind Guardian, Immortal, Arch Enemy, Candlemass, Ensiferum, Iced Earth - all big bands, touring Europe and confirmed in other fests. Cheaper ones.

And the reason they gave us for the 130€? Infrastructure! Fucking Infrastructure! We go to Wacken to watch some good bands, not to see the 'infrastructure'! And so far I don't see that raise translated in a good bill, on the contrary - the price goes up, the line-up goes down, exponentially!

For the looks of it we are paying for next year's W.O.A. because there's no way this shit is worth 130€!!

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Yes, but the quality of them will be next to zero.

At this point we already know the Orga doesn't give a shit about this year and is already thinking about the next one. This year is a total failure. So far, the line-up is comprised of:

- Power/Heavy Metal;
- A small amount of good bands from other genres;
- Shit.

And those good bands can be seen almost every year, everywhere, and a lot cheaper!!

This only means one thing: they are broke. That's why you don't have more bands like Blind Guardian, Immortal, Arch Enemy, Candlemass, Ensiferum, Iced Earth - all big bands, touring Europe and confirmed in other fests. Cheaper ones.

And the reason they gave us for the 130€? Infrastructure! Fucking Infrastructure! We go to Wacken to watch some good bands, not to see the 'infrastructure'! And so far I don't see that raise translated in a good bill, on the contrary - the price goes up, the line-up goes down, exponentially!

For the looks of it we are paying for next year's W.O.A. because there's no way this shit is worth 130€!!

I'm going to write ICS again...would it be ok four you if I use some extracts out of your post? (Of course without name) Or maybe even out of some more of your posts? (They are good, cause they are UNDERSTANDABLE :D)

Bikerin666

12 Aug. 2008
Seesen /Harz
i paid 1000 euros from Mexico To Hamburg, plus 32 euros from/to Hamburg/Wacken :(

If Running Wild is enough big to be the top act of 20th anniversary..... i'm astronaut...

they are NOT announced to be THE top-act, just the one for thursday (night to remember)...nothing more! But i agree there is not so much room left to place a real big one :mad:

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
they are NOT announced to be THE top-act, just the one for thursday (night to remember)...nothing more! But i agree there is not so much room left to place a real big one :mad:

Actually they are announced to be...in my opinion. But if they think Running Wild is cool and announce them like gods, then maybe Dark Throne oder something like that is announced like a small garage-band?:D

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
I'm going to write ICS again...would it be ok four you if I use some extracts out of your post? (Of course without name) Or maybe even out of some more of your posts? (They are good, cause they are UNDERSTANDABLE :D)

I don't really care, you can use them all if you want. If the Orga is really aware of what's happening in the forums (like they said, but right now their credibility makes me wonder if that's really true), they certainly read some of my posts.

With time I will write a more structured one...

Btw, ask them If I can get a refund!

Irukandji

2 Juli 2007
Cambridge, UK
Yeah, the lack of extreme metal is slightly upsetting, but there are still fucktons of bands to be announced (well, at least something over 20), and whether you like it or not, Running Wild are among the legends of the German heavy metal scene, and have been around for thirty years. You're visiting a German festival organised by Germans, and just because RW may not be particularly popular in Mexico or Portugal, they certainly deserve headlining on Thursday and I, for my part, am bloody excited (who would've thought, given that I started the "RW PLOX" thread, lol).
Claiming that some second-class thrash from buttfuck-nowhere, VA (no offence, I like Municipal Waste as well) would've been more appropriate as the "top-class announcement" due to being "real metal" is beyond ridiculous.

I'm sure there are going to be some decent death/black/grind bands, and if you can't be arsed to wait for the billing to be complete, well, why don't you stop whining, sell your tickets and sod off to visit a pure DM festival instead? Maybe one that's closer to home, because it's obviously the WOA organisers' fault that you booked a £1000 flight to get to Wacken, before even knowing if the billing has anything at all to offer for you.

tl;dr: FUCK YEAH RUNNING WILD

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Yeah, the lack of extreme metal is slightly upsetting, but there are still fucktons of bands to be announced (well, at least something over 20), and whether you like it or not, Running Wild are among the legends of the German heavy metal scene, and have been around for thirty years. You're visiting a German festival organised by Germans, and just because RW may not be particularly popular in Mexico or Portugal, they certainly deserve headlining on Thursday and I, for my part, am bloody excited (who would've thought, given that I started the "RW PLOX" thread, lol).

I'm sure there are going to be some decent death/black/grind bands, and if you can't be arsed to wait for the billing to be complete, well, why don't you stop whining, sell your tickets and sod off to visit a pure DM festival instead? Maybe one that's closer to home, because it's obviously the WOA organisers' fault that you booked a £1000 flight to get to Wacken, before even knowing if the billing has anything at all to offer for you.

tl;dr: FUCK YEAH RUNNING WILD

You don't get it do you? The problem is not Running Wild, the problem is the lack of bands from almost every genre! There's no thrash, there's no black, there's no death, there's no doom! Running Wild would be quite well accepted in a DIVERSE line-up, with all sort of headliners.

Btw, you are telling it is our fault we booked flights, hotels, etc to go to Wacken? Are you serious?! :rolleyes:

We were confident the Orga would be putting some effort this year because it's the XX anniversary, and they promised it would be something big. And they hyped it like hell! You can call us stupid for all of that but saying it's our fault?! C'mon, we only wanted a decent line-up, like the previous years! Nothing indicated we would get this shit!

Btw, about those 30 bands:

Oh, and about those 30 bands yet to announce: don't expect anything good.

The festival is sold out so there is no reason for this delay.

And more, they clearly know we are unhappy! If they had anything, anything at all, they would be making a big fucking hype of it, they would come here and say "calm day, the best is yet to come!".

But no, they don't say a thing because they have nothing, not a single major band! If they had someone in the likes of Blind Guardian or another big band, they would have announce it already to calm us down and to keep people from selling their tickets...

And no, Running Wild isn't a major band.

Parkground Dancer

2 März 2009
Vosswinkel
I´m not the hugest fan of RW too.
But i have to say you should show them a little bit Respect I think.
You said that tere no BM Bands on the billing yet.
And what´s about Sarke,Enslaved,Borknagar,Endstille and so on.
Maybe not the BM bands you want to see but at least there are some(Same Thing for Thrash).
That there´s no Deathmetal untill now is a point where I have to agree.
I mean where are Bands like Gorefest,God Dethroned or CC???
But I think that they will announce some great Bands.I mean there´re still aproximately 20 slots left to be confirmed.
Just wait till they announce some more Bands.
I´ll do so too.
Nuff said.

JuniusC

26 Juli 2008
Running Wild? That's the best you can do?

"Death or Glory…"

Death, more death please. No more glory!

6dae6mon6

16 Apr. 2009
warschau

Tons of bands to be annunced???? So far we have at least 20 power metal bands, and none death-black,thrash,doom etc bands... Orga shoul from now announce only extreme metal bands....

Claiming that some second-class thrash from buttfuck-nowhere, VA (no offence, I like Municipal Waste as well) would've been more appropriate as the "top-class announcement" due to being "real metal" is beyond ridiculous.
What real metal????

Do you know anybody who would buy a ticket with this line-up??? If I won't have ticket for WOA, I'd wouldn't buy it now for sure... I'd rather choose Hellfest or Unholy Fest, wich is two times cheaper, and a line-up is just great...

Irukandji

2 Juli 2007
Cambridge, UK
You don't get it do you? The problem is not Running Wild, the problem is the lack of bands from almost every genre! There's no thrash, there's no black, there's no death, there's no doom! Running Wild would be quite well accepted in a DIVERSE line-up, with all sort of headliners.

I do get it, and yes, I would be disappointed if I were in your place.
And given that you seem entirely convinced that none of the bands that are still TBA will be relevant to your interests, I would at this stage stop shedding your manly man-tears on the internet and either a) sell your ticket, and cancel your flight and hotel or b) deal with it. Or, y'know, c) just wait for the rest of the lineup, maybe you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Btw, you are telling it is our fault we booked flights, hotels, etc to go to Wacken? Are you serious?! :rolleyes:

Yes, actually. You spend money for something that you've not got the full details of, you're taking a risk.

And since arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, I'll leave you all to it now. To end this with a quote:

...basically if you're robbing a man and you're only carrying blanks and you allow your gun to be taken off you and you allow yourself to be shot in the eye with a blank which I assume that the person has to get quite close to you then, yeah really it's all your fault for being such a poof, so why don't you stop wingeing and cheer the fuck up.