• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
*sigh* It saddens me to think that this time last year (say 4 hours from now) I was drinking out of a watermelon and playing drinking games with people I had just met, then later got so smashed I couldn't see straight nor walk unaided. I fucking miss Wacken so much :(

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
oh yeah, so it would be the best for you to return to wacken next year, I think ? ;)

Bloody oath. My next step is to find out if my leave has been approved and buy a Wacken ticket when it goes on sale.

It's not so easy when you have to fly across an ocean to get there. :o

Let me walk you through it. Left Brisbane international airport at about 3pm on Monday, about 9 hour flight to Singapore international airport, wait around ~3 hours then a ~13 hour connecting flight to Munich, convince passport control that I'm in Germany for a week to party (took about 10 seconds, bloody efficient you lot ;) ) then less than an hour wait for my final 55 minute plane trip to Hamburg arriving at 8am Tuesday local time, catch 2 trains to hotel, die.

I literally slept 15 hours the first day I arrived in Germany. Have you any idea how difficult it is to sleep in a jet plane in Economy Class? Even when Lufthansa tells you when to go to sleep :p

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Which is nothing compared to going home.

I finished up my European holiday in London. Stuffed up a bit which left me hanging around Heathrow Airport for 10 hours all by myself (got up at 6am and everything to drop the hire car off). Caught a flight to Frankfurt (I think it must have worked out cheaper to get a return flight to Germany and add the other stuff in between), then back to Singapore and waited around for 5 hours (which turned out to make no difference time-wise) then get home arriving at 6:30am Saturday local time and back to work on Monday.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Let me walk you through it. Left Brisbane international airport at about 3pm on Monday, about 9 hour flight to Singapore international airport, wait around ~3 hours then a ~13 hour connecting flight to Munich, convince passport control that I'm in Germany for a week to party (took about 10 seconds, bloody efficient you lot ;) ) then less than an hour wait for my final 55 minute plane trip to Hamburg arriving at 8am Tuesday local time, catch 2 trains to hotel, die.

I literally slept 15 hours the first day I arrived in Germany. Have you any idea how difficult it is to sleep in a jet plane in Economy Class? Even when Lufthansa tells you when to go to sleep :p

Which is nothing compared to going home.

I finished up my European holiday in London. Stuffed up a bit which left me hanging around Heathrow Airport for 10 hours all by myself (got up at 6am and everything to drop the hire car off). Caught a flight to Frankfurt (I think it must have worked out cheaper to get a return flight to Germany and add the other stuff in between), then back to Singapore and waited around for 5 hours (which turned out to make no difference time-wise) then get home arriving at 6:30am Saturday local time and back to work on Monday.

I hate trying to sleep in flights. Depending on how tired I am, usually all the sleep I get is in small chunks of 5-30mins at a time, at best. :rolleyes: Which sucks, because sleeping is the best way to pass the time. It's still a good 9-10hrs from here, and that's if you manage to get nonstop (which I can and have before, Atlanta's a major airport). But I pretty much figured you guys have it even worse. :p

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
There was loads to do on Singapore Airlines. Excluding the bits where my legs turn to bricks they were enjoyable flights even though I never slept a wink. I can't decide whether to go Lufthansa again or another airline cos their planes are older (therefore less awesome) but they did turn the lights off at "night" and I managed 2 hours on the way there and 5 hours on the way back. Having said that it doesn't take much of a chunk from a 13 hour flight.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
There was loads to do on Singapore Airlines. Excluding the bits where my legs turn to bricks they were enjoyable flights even though I never slept a wink. I can't decide whether to go Lufthansa again or another airline cos their planes are older (therefore less awesome) but they did turn the lights off at "night" and I managed 2 hours on the way there and 5 hours on the way back. Having said that it doesn't take much of a chunk from a 13 hour flight.

Lucky. The best I got was a couple in-flight movies. I think I watched two. Or parts of two. Besides that, we pretty much had to entertain ourselves.