SLAYER at WACKEN ROCKS!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TheOmen

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Mai 2007
Emsbüren
Hey Guys i can really understand that you are very upset about the things that happened..
I only have to drive 2 Hours to get to Wacken, so, everyone who comes a long long way is invited to get a cold german beer at our camp!
I just want you to have a "welcome" feeling, even if the Orga can´t satisfy us with MUSIC.
We are the guys with the big black Jack Daniels Flag AND the Metallica Flag.

Mr. T.

Jordan

25 März 2009
We all know salyer couldn't do WOA
Well, BmfV can, and they are touring also with Slayer, CC, Behemoth, etc... that's why many people feel cheated.

To be honest, BmfV drops two dates of the tour to go to WOA (plus the day off just before), and dropping a headliner like Slayer on that US tour seems quite impossible.

So it's quite true to say Slayer couldn't possibly attend WOA... Unless they were booked in advance (like Motorhead, etc...)

This Wacken Rocks announcement looks very improvised (oh, look Slayer are available for Wacken Rocks, let's book them), and I personnaly feel like many things were improvised this year in Wacken orga (WOA announcements coming very late, Wacken Rocks postponed, ...)

This whole stuff gives a very "amateur" feel to the 20th anniversary, and for people who are not totally satisfied with the line-up, this late Wacken Rocks competition is really too much. Feels like it would have been better to focus on WOA only and make its line-up really brilliant, instead of "fairly good".

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Hey Guys i can really understand that you are very upset about the things that happened..
I only have to drive 2 Hours to get to Wacken, so, everyone who comes a long long way is invited to get a cold german beer at our camp!
I just want you to have a "welcome" feeling, even if the Orga can´t satisfy us with MUSIC.
We are the guys with the big black Jack Daniels Flag AND the Metallica Flag.

Mr. T.

your so gonna regret posting that message mate!!!! :p When you see 4 british people coming your way get those beers out! lol We'l be bringing a 10litre vat of honig met with us if you wanna partake?! ;)

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Well... I can admit that (even if I don't understand how In Flames became that big in Germany with ther later albums... ;) )

see david hasslehof for strange bands being big in germany!!! :D

Which reminds me have you spoken toorga about getting on stage an singing your hasslehof cover songs yet!? :p

For me I dont think its ametuer i mean its very old school but y'know I can't argue with that. For me I was only really let down by the lack of someone like Immortal or blind guardian, a modern classic band playing... but I wont complain about it if both those bands had played everyone woulda moaned it was the same as 2007 (in flames, blind guardian and immortal).

7 Mai 2009
Just once again a comment from the orga:

BFMV are heading to play in Wacken because they were signed for last year but were not able to play because of a sore throat and stuff...
But Slayer which are the Headliner of their Tour are not able to travel to Wacken because they have to play regular dates the day before and the day after the Wacken Show. And because of Jetleg and the whole equipment stuff they can't play at the regular Wacken.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Thanks to orga for clearing it up, although I think we had all worked this out ;)

Any chance you can tell us if BFMV will get a sore throat again?! :p

13 Mai 2009
Istanbul / Turkei
Just once again a comment from the orga:

BFMV are heading to play in Wacken because they were signed for last year but were not able to play because of a sore throat and stuff...
But Slayer which are the Headliner of their Tour are not able to travel to Wacken because they have to play regular dates the day before and the day after the Wacken Show. And because of Jetleg and the whole equipment stuff they can't play at the regular Wacken.

The main problem is We dont have an headliner like Slayer and all the people is angry about it.Yes the excuse is accepted but wacken rocks seems to have a better headliner.For the last time please make a suprise annoucement to make everybody happy.Then i change my signature:)

cursedval1

13 Mai 2009
lol i wasn't expecting Slayer at the Wacken Rocks festivals, but i was 100% sure they wouldn't play WOA, i mean what big band changes their tour schedule(and cancels at least one show featuring so many other bands) less than 2 months before it?

bands to still push for: WASP, UDO, Scorpions, Blind Guardian, Accept, Jon Oliva's Pain, Candlemass, these are available bands who can still be reached. not sure about Accept but they might get to touring by then. of course there are tons of other Death/Black metal bands that could be coming but i'm not into these genres so i didn't bother to mention them :cool: