Another top-class W:O:A band affirmation this Friday

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
I do get it, and yes, I would be disappointed if I were in your place.
And given that you seem entirely convinced that none of the bands that are still TBA will be relevant to your interests, I would at this stage stop shedding your manly man-tears on the internet and either a) sell your ticket, and cancel your flight and hotel or b) deal with it. Or, y'know, c) just wait for the rest of the lineup, maybe you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Yes, actually. You spend money for something that you've not got the full details of, you're taking a risk.

And since arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, I'll leave you all to it now. To end this with a quote:

...basically if you're robbing a man and you're only carrying blanks and you allow your gun to be taken off you and you allow yourself to be shot in the eye with a blank which I assume that the person has to get quite close to you then, yeah really it's all your fault for being such a poof, so why don't you stop wingeing and cheer the fuck up.

I don't think you're in the position to tell ANYBODY to shut up. And at least unknownone has proof for what he is saying.

You don't get it do you? The problem is not Running Wild, the problem is the lack of bands from almost every genre! There's no thrash, there's no black, there's no death, there's no doom! Running Wild would be quite well accepted in a DIVERSE line-up, with all sort of headliners.

Btw, you are telling it is our fault we booked flights, hotels, etc to go to Wacken? Are you serious?! :rolleyes:

We were confident the Orga would be putting some effort this year because it's the XX anniversary, and they promised it would be something big. And they hyped it like hell! You can call us stupid for all of that but saying it's our fault?! C'mon, we only wanted a decent line-up, like the previous years! Nothing indicated we would get this shit!.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!! 100% agree

Irukandji

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Juli 2007
Cambridge, UK
I don't think you're in the position to tell ANYBODY to shut up. And at least unknownone has proof for what he is saying.

Good point! I'm not, and I don't really give a flying fuck; in fact, I'll just lean back now and grin incredibly smugly about the fact that I am among the so-called "minority" that likes the lineup (along with many others). Enjoy your proof, and enjoy being butthurt. :D

The WOA Orga really thinks that this is a really good line up for a 20th anniversary??

The WOA Orga really read what happened in the forums? all forums or just german forums?

If yes..... so.. i would like to know waht they think about all disappointed people.... because its real, there are more disapointed people than happy people.

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
The WOA Orga really thinks that this is a really good line up for a 20th anniversary??

The WOA Orga really read what happened in the forums? all forums or just german forums?

If yes..... so.. i would like to know waht they think about all disappointed people.... because its real, there are more disapointed people than happy people.

Also in your country? I talked to so much people from my region (max. 75 km from Wacken) and they are so disappointed...but some guys really appear to want to be fucked over :D

6dae6mon6

16 Apr. 2009
warschau

Maybe they'll notice it, if next year, they'll still have a half of tickets for sale... Maybe hen the bands will be announced faster, and the line-up will be less power..

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
"To all true Running Wild fans:

Now after 30 years of RUNNING WILD I feel it's time to lower the flag and to take down the sails to face new challenges.

That's why we want to celebrate the 30 years' history of the band for a last time at this year's Wacken Open Air on the occasion of its 20th anniversary with a two-hour headlining Best-Of show on Thursday, July 30th with a lot of surprises to bring it to a dignified end.

It's also planned to record a Live-DVD and -CD of that show to make it complete.

Now I can look down with calmness on the last 30 years and I feel proud of what I have reached. At the same time, nothing of that would have been possible without your support during the last decades. That's why I wanna say thanks for all the wonderful moments of that career and I wish you all the best for the future!

Yours
Rock'n'Rolf"

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
Maybe they'll notice it, if next year, they'll still have a half of tickets for sale... Maybe hen the bands will be announced faster, and the line-up will be less power..

D'you really think it will not be sold out that fast again? I promise you it will be...all these kids that like this stuff will pay ANY price....and all these dumb-asses right here. (Who thinks to be concerned had the decision to think it or not...)

Kiwi28

28 Nov. 2008

I´m disapointed of the Headliner. I thought, that there will be AC/DC, Manowar, Rammstein or any other big announcment... But RW, WTF ? I asked many people and they said:"Who is that ?" I don´t pay 100€ for ... for Bands that have been there 3,4,5 and more Years before this Wacken .... A BIG - to Orga!

Seatiger

1 Dez. 2008
I´m disapointed of the Headliner. I thought, that there will be AC/DC, Manowar, Rammstein or any other big announcment... But RW, WTF ? I asked many people and they said:"Who is that ?" I don´t pay 100€ for ... for Bands that have been there 3,4,5 and more Years before this Wacken .... A BIG - to Orga!

Actually they have been to Wacken only 1 Time. And I wouldn't say that there has to be AC/DC or some stuff like that...but I don't get that Running Wild will headline though we have Black Sabbath?

Also in your country? I talked to so much people from my region (max. 75 km from Wacken) and they are so disappointed...but some guys really appear to want to be fucked over :D

Yes we are.. last year around 300 mexican metalheads went to wacken (me included), and we do not mind having paid 1250 usd (around 1000 euros) for airfare plus travel expenses.. most of them (me included) have bought ticket for this year, thinking would be a HUGE metal celebration... we're disappointed.

Perhaps you say, sell the ticket.. but that is not the problem. The problem is the flight ticket, many of us, bought the flight ticket few months ago (to save around 30% in the airfare) and as you know, the flight tickets are not refundable. :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

misanthropic

3 Nov. 2008
Athens, Greece
You keep on talking about disappointed people... all I see is 5-10 persons in this forum, that complain all over again. Plus, there are thousands who are not members and we don't know what they think.
If you like a particular band so much, I'm sure you are not waiting for one festival to fulfill your dreams. I've seen almost every band I wanted to see in my life (in a few weeks i'll be seeing Pestilence!!!!), I don't expect to see every band I like in one festival. What was amazing about Wacken the last year we went, was the absolutely flawless organisation, super sound, nice friendly people... that's why we chose this festival again, without even knowing who's gonna play. And we are a party of 5 coming from Greece, which means plane tickets, and car rental and room rental.
The Rockwave festival here in Greece costs 55 euro per day, it's 2 days (Monday and Tuesday I think) and there are 5-6 bands each day. That's a total rip-off so I'm very excited I'm going to Wacken. Maybe the next year I'll chose another festival in Europe if I can, but I know I'll have a blast this year. And if there is a day with no descent headliner, we'll get a chance to visit St.Pauli (hehehe)
So chill out and have a great time all of you who took the risk of buying tickets so early, and trusted the orgas that they'll pull a great festival once more! The others, just sell your damned tickets...

Kiwi28

28 Nov. 2008
Anybody looked at Hellfest in france ? They have Manowar. Wacken only Running Wild. Something went terribly wrong...

Bikerin666

12 Aug. 2008
Seesen /Harz
Anybody looked at Hellfest in france ? They have Manowar. Wacken only Running Wild. Something went terribly wrong...

manowar is an "old" band, too, which seemed to be one of your arguments against RW....and live they (manowar) are completely boring!! If you just want to see THE BIG bands you should go to their single concerts...but that will become much more expensive!

DSP

17 Apr. 2008
first, manowar is not boring live, they are awesome:p
second, that' not all hellfest have, what about dream theater?

ofcurse both fests have H&H so....