Any idea when '09 tickets are for sale?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I do have to admit that I prefered Wacken when I started going around 2004 when you actually had a decent chance of getting near the stage without pushing your way through tonnes of people.

Still enjoy it like.....but more so for the campsite nowadays.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Oh and technically, whilst its the 20th Wacken, the 20th anniversary is really in 2010.

Otherwise, that would make the 1st Wacken, Wacken's 1st anniversary. Surely, something has to be a year old to have a 1 year anniversary and so this would the 2nd Wacken..

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
I went to this years one!

=D

I jus mean its like the 20th one so surely they gona make it lot bigger and better ect? i mean i know they do it more every year but next year more so?

I guess the new people think bigger is better, because they got to know it that way. They don't miss what it was before :rolleyes: Glad for you, you liked it, but many people around here stopped or will stop going to Wacken, because it has gotten too big and the size is the reason, why shit happens like what was mentioned already :(

onetwomany

4 Aug. 2008
saying that its too big though...I was at graspop and that's like 25,000 or something (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know if it's the size or just the general atmosphere of wacken, but graspop was nowhere near as much fun as wacken, though it did have a way better line-up (imo). This year was ridiculously oversold thanks to fucking maiden. I hope never to go to another festival with maiden at it, have seen em twice this summer, twice last and a couple times before that and I'm honestly sick of them everywhere now.

Anyway, can someone recommend other good festivals to go to with a similar approach to running a festival as wacken?Next year will be the year to try something new methinks :) with Wacken to round off the summer nicely of course!