Your 3 favourite movies ever...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
The Raven schrieb:
Agirre, der Zorn Gottes - what a piece of work! Crusaders looking for El Dorado! One of Werner Herzog's best works… have you seen 'the enigma of Kasper Hauser'? another herzog masterpiece. there was a recent Herzog release 'wheel of time' anybody seen this one?

I have seen all early Herzog movies, as well as most of Kinskis stuff. The Kaspar Hauser one is extremely good.

You just mentioned Kurosawa - damn, forgot him, love his stuff. Ran is one of the few epic movies that can compare otself with the early masters of the twenties. So dense, so poetic, so mercilessly true.

The Raven

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
Klaus Kinski! Fuck Yea! Didn't he and Herzog have some sort of disagreement during a filming?

Anyway, Ran - amazing pice of art. That's what i consider most of Kurosawa's movies as - art. It's all so beautifull painted and then the picture moves. Some of his other stuff like Kagemusha, Rhapsody in August, Yojimbo, etc are equally mind blowing.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
The Raven schrieb:
Klaus Kinski! Fuck Yea! Didn't he and Herzog have some sort of disagreement during a filming?

Anyway, Ran - amazing pice of art. That's what i consider most of Kurosawa's movies as - art. It's all so beautifull painted and then the picture moves. Some of his other stuff like Kagemusha, Rhapsody in August, Yojimbo, etc are equally mind blowing.

I have to confess that I've seen only a few Kurosawa flicks.

Kinski and Herzog - a disagreement? I think they were close to killing each other during every film they did together. The natives in Fitzcarraldo really offered to kill Kinski for Herzog. :D

The Raven

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
monochrom schrieb:
You just mentioned Kurosawa - damn, forgot him, love his stuff. Ran is one of the few epic movies that can compare otself with the early masters of the twenties. So dense, so poetic, so mercilessly true.

Probably because in Ran one of the characters, Hidetora - who is betrayed by his sons, reflects the life of Kurosawa and all the shit he'd been through. This is probably one of the reason why the movie is so real and dense.