Virginia Tech Shootings

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
your right, but it´s not that easy to get guns here as in the us.....
the possibility to get guns in the most of the us-states doubles the statisic!!!!how is it in scotland?

depends. you can get a license for one to use them for sport (not hunting)

but in switzerland you're pretty much handed one when you hit 18 and get to take it home. So by your logic, they would have to have a shooting there every few weeks. Which they don't.

edit: you get one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_550

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Metal-Mini

12 Jan. 2007
von Stuttgart ins Emsland!
depends. you can get a license for one to use them for sport (not hunting)

but in switzerland you're pretty much handed one when you hit 18 and get to take it home. So by your logic, they would have to have a shooting there every few weeks. Which they don't.

edit: you get one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_550

yes thats right....
here in germany it´s the same thing, you have to be in a shooting club to get the license for a weapon....our freaks here have been in such clubs or the parents were, so they could get the guns.....
did you in scotland have such tragedies compared to this in the last years?

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
yes thats right....
here in germany it´s the same thing, you have to be in a shooting club to get the license for a weapon....our freaks here have been in such clubs or the parents were, so they could get the guns.....
did you in scotland have such tragedies compared to this in the last years?

dunblane's the only one I particularly remember cause it was a bunch of children that got killed.

I haven't been living here very long so i can't really say.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Back to topic.

NBC got a package in the mail today from the killer.It was mailed Mon. between the 1st & 2nd shooting.They did release some of it on their evening news.It was a video (on disk) made by him with photos of him with a kevlar vest on with the 2 guns he bought,him with a baseball bat, & him with a knife.It gave me chills.

Metal-Mini

12 Jan. 2007
von Stuttgart ins Emsland!
Back to topic.

NBC got a package in the mail today from the killer.It was mailed Mon. between the 1st & 2nd shooting.They did release some of it on their evening news.It was a video (on disk) made by him with photos of him with a kevlar vest on with the 2 guns he bought,him with a baseball bat, & him with a knife.It gave me chills.

i can´t believe that all hints before in his strange behaving weren´t taken serious enogh by the responsible poeple....but here in germany the don´t keep murders long enough in prison, and when they come out those murders keep on killing.....youre never sure about the right thing...it not easy, but the security of other people should be on first place.!

Mjollnir

:o

The guy was a complete fuck up... If they had any sense they would have locked the guy up for good (or moved him to some containment facility).

I hear some people are trying to write this off as a mental problem or something like that, that the poor bastard was bullied and that it's every other jokers fault that he did what he did. What a load of bullshit. Crazy people do things spontaneously, not plan out something like this for months. It's just society being pathetic and putting the individual above the group, needlessly.

Yeah, I'm sure if everyone had guns more people may die, but there would be far less repeat offenders. :D

This ongoing debate about pro gun and anti gun people is also just bullshit. All it does is draw peoples attention away from the original constitution. NOT everyone was originally allowed to possess guns, you had to be in an organised militia.

People are going to kill people whether they have guns or not, there's no denying it. But if all people that possessed guns were PROVEN to be honest, law abiding citizens whose only intention was to use the arms to protect their community and prevent the government from becoming a dictatorship (that was the original purpose of the militias) then EVERYTHING would be fine!

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

Always have and always will.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
:o

The guy was a complete fuck up... If they had any sense they would have locked the guy up for good (or moved him to some containment facility).

I hear some people are trying to write this off as a mental problem or something like that, that the poor bastard was bullied and that it's every other jokers fault that he did what he did. What a load of bullshit. Crazy people do things spontaneously, not plan out something like this for months. It's just society being pathetic and putting the individual above the group, needlessly.

Yeah, I'm sure if everyone had guns more people may die, but there would be far less repeat offenders. :D

This ongoing debate about pro gun and anti gun people is also just bullshit. All it does is draw peoples attention away from the original constitution. NOT everyone was originally allowed to possess guns, you had to be in an organised militia.

People are going to kill people whether they have guns or not, there's no denying it. But if all people that possessed guns were PROVEN to be honest, law abiding citizens whose only intention was to use the arms to protect their community and prevent the government from becoming a dictatorship (that was the original purpose of the militias) then EVERYTHING would be fine!

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

Always have and always will.

Yeah, why no one saw enough red flags in this to do something about/for him or whatever years ago really puzzles me because accoring to everything coming out there were so many signs there for years before this it was a fucking roadblock. In my opinion anyone that is classified at ANY time as being unstable, no matter whether ever then cleared as 'cured' or not should not have rights to ever aquire a gun. The laws ARE too weak here on that. For instance my ex husband-more than once he tried to kill me. More than once when I tried to get away he chased me clear across the entire state highway system-right on my bumper no less. THe only time he was legally refrained from having a gun is the two years the protective order I placed on him was in effect. Picturing a mindset like that with a gun is scary. also a few years back here a woman was killed at her work when her estranged husband, with a protective order against him, walked into her office, past security and killed her. How did he get his gun so easily with no legal rights to own one. The laws are too lax here but it isn't just the gun law, it is also the way people like this last killer are 'treated'.
There are a lot of things in question here since this killing but politicians are known to question things to death and not act. this 'he was bullied in school' and crap does not fly with me. I was bullied some in school-half of the world was, I played with (now banned for being 'too dangerous') lawn darts and never killed my sister with them,I got out and played and go skinned knees that did not render me emotional scarred and helpless for life, I was left home alone to fend for myself some evenings and never grew up with neglect issues,I babysat as an older child-got things thrown at me and never felt unwanted by people for it, in school I was ignored by the popular groups alot-I never grew up feeling unwanted and unloved by society. Acceptance and tolerance are things we do all need more of but to bring it to the point of oversensitivity and hyper PC behaviour does not work for anyone.