Things to think about for a festival newcommer!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
DaveIoC schrieb:
Sure plenty of Europeans speak good English (Germans, Dutch mostly I guess) and I've always thought it must be easier for Europeans to learn English than English people to speak other languages, because English is everywhere, in films, in the music you listen to, and so it must be easier to pick some up. Unless I listen to Rammstein (and I don't) there isn't really the same exposure. Except maybe some old WWII films. Schnell! But yeah, "Sprechen sie Englisch?" ends up being uttered far too much for me anyway!
Je hebt helemaal gelijk!!! :D

You're quite right!!! :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Zombi schrieb:
Do you guys learn english in school? Or is it all just through tourists and TV :p
We learn it at school, AND TV. As nothing is dubbed in the Netherlands/Flanders we hear the original movie/series/etc with subtitles. While you read them, it's possible to hear the language at the same time.

And nowadays kids learn English when they're about 8-10 years old. (correct me if I'm wrong, in Flanders they start in secondairy school. (but they learn French earlier))

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
Quark schrieb:
We learn it at school, AND TV. As nothing is dubbed in the Netherlands/Flanders we hear the original movie/series/etc with subtitles. While you read them, it's possible to hear the language at the same time.
I knew about subtitles in movies @ cinemas, but NOT on TV! I learned something new now... :D
*does that mean, I have a chance to learn Italian? I have a couple Italian dvds w/English subtitles. :cool:* :)

MetalCommando

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Juli 2003
England
www.forfuckssakes.net
Basso schrieb:
Hail people!

This is my first real metal festival and I was just wondering if there is any good tings to think about when going to Wacken 2006. Any recommendations about the camping / living and food and everything is warmly welcome.

/Best Regards Sebastian

1.pack on baby wipes. You can reasonably clean yourself with them.

2. keep your valuables with you at all times/ or in secure holding

3. Do not use the portatoilets

4. do not pack too many clothes

5. Get one plastic drinking glass and carry it with you at all times to spare having to continuously pay for the glasses

6. Plan on the bands you want to see and get there about 15 to 30 minutes in advance