THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Awesome news :) thanks!

Beware of delays! DB hasn't been that punctuall lately, to say the least!

But if your delay is over 60min., you can get a refund. Info at your arrival station. Should be available in English as well. (it is, here)

Edit Piaf zegt: I'm still waiting for my refund. About €50 for a return trip to and from Elmshorn. Both delayed by over an hour. (3.5h to Elmahorn, 1h from Elmshorn)

T-Lex

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Apr. 2015
Scotland
Beware of delays! DB hasn't been that punctuall lately, to say the least!

But if your delay is over 60min., you can get a refund. Info at your arrival station. Should be available in English as well. (it is, here)

Edit Piaf zegt: I'm still waiting for my refund. About €50 for a return trip to and from Elmshorn. Both delayed by over an hour. (3.5h to Elmahorn, 1h from Elmshorn)

Thats really helpful, our train is at 8am encase that happened or went wrong. So hopefully were ok! :D

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Is there somewhere we can buy beer in Itzehoe?

if you want to buy beer to bring to the festival: there are supermarkets. but keep in mind you can't bring glas bottles. and you can also go to the supermarket in wacken. which is what I would recommend.

if you mean you want beer while you're waiting for the bus. there is a bar at the bus stop.

EDIT: this are my recommendations for people who arrive by public transport. if you get there by car, you better just buy your beer at home.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
if you want to buy beer to bring to the festival: there are supermarkets. but keep in mind you can't bring glas bottles. and you can also go to the supermarket in wacken. which is what I would recommend.

if you mean you want beer while you're waiting for the bus. there is a bar at the bus stop.

EDIT: this are my recommendations for people who arrive by public transport. if you get there by car, you better just buy your beer at home.

Or the city you land.
Keep in mind, there is a deposit on German tinned cans! 25cent per can!

maggot.chops

11 Juli 2016

That's awesome thanks. Exactly the information I was looking for. I will buy some tinnies in Wacken and if I want a 10am beer in Itzehoe, I know I'm sorted.

Cheers!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Haha it's still cheaper than Australia. I might check out the Aldi in Itzehoe, cheers.

If you don't mind a bit lesser quality, then go to the Aldi. But I can't drink beer in plastic bottles. But the 5,0 is better than the Aldi beer and is like 30cts a can (0.5l). (Excluded the deposit of 25cts per can)
Available in the Edeka supermarkets in Wacken.